New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audition Thread Maker
11-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Audition Thread Maker
Pretty much every single new person that comes on here to make an audition thread doesn't do everything asked (probably cause they don't think to look for the guidelines).

Here's my suggestion:

When creating a thread in the auditions forum, you have to check a number of boxes to confirm that you have included that information in your post, otherwise it won't let you post (it will tell you that the boxes need to be check).

While it doesn't technically force them to comply, it will at least inform them of the rules and they'd be stupid to ignore them.

Is this something that can be implemented to the auditions thread only (if at all)?

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like AnimeLawyers's post
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2012 03:33 PM by mattroks101.)
RE: Audition Thread Maker
Yes... This should be implemented! (If it's possible.)

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-11-2012, 05:22 PM
Hmmm. AIRREST AWAY~

I'll make something to copypasta in the time being.

11-11-2012, 06:37 PM
This is definitely a good idea. Hopefully people will pay attention to it

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
11-11-2012, 10:35 PM
If the idea is implemented the way I described, they won't be able to "not pay attention to it" as they will not be allowed to post a thread until they confirm by checking the boxes that they included all the info.

Btw, I say "boxes" plural because if it's just one check box they may think its one of those "do you agree?" things, but multiple check boxes will get them to read through to see what they're supposed to do.

Projects:
11-12-2012, 01:06 AM
We couldn't just use the template from VoiceActingAlliance? Because that's what I did, prior to Code's post.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
11-12-2012, 07:08 AM (This post was last modified: 11-13-2012 07:51 PM by codeblackhayate.)
There wasn't a template before because most people have been to the VAA, or at least have the common sense to format their threads without too much hand holding. However; most newbie abridgers haven't been to the VAA or maybe need the extra help.

I doubt people will use the template if they aren't reading the rules, but there is a quick copypasta now.
The template is pretty similar to the VAA one, so now there is no excuse not to have everything your need for your audition threads.

11-13-2012, 07:15 PM
A template is good for now. I will look into any possible ways to force someone to use some kind of "thread maker" for the auditions. I'm not sure if such a thing exists or is possible for this forum software, but I'll look into it. Thanks for the suggestion. I like it.
[+] 1 user Likes Airrest's post
11-14-2012, 01:59 AM
... "Thread Maker" is not what I was going for. The title just refers to when people make audition threads "Audition Thread Maker"

What I was going for was that at the bottom of a new thread post there are a number of boxes that need to be checked (the rules) and it won't let them post without checking those boxes in confirmation.

Should be super simple, I just don't know if you can apply it ONLY to the audition forum.

Projects:
[+] 1 user Likes AnimeLawyers's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)