New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 9 Vote(s) - 4.56 Average
Lip Flaps
10-21-2011, 05:46 AM
RE: Lip Flaps
You have to use a loss-less image format like png or bmp when you save. It won't be exactly the same as using a clip, but there is a noticeable difference in quality compared to say, jpeg. The normal viewer probably won't be able to see the difference.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Yap, what codeblackhayate said. Use something like .PNG. That's what I use at least.

[Image: petewave.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes DrMircow's post
10-21-2011, 07:14 AM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2011 07:14 AM by mattroks101.)
(10-20-2011 09:59 PM)TwooGiz Wrote:  I used to do snapshots but the quality is not as good. It tends to be a bit blurry.

Did you have your settings at max when you took the snapshot? With the settings at max I notice no difference between the original and the snapshot. Then again, it might be the footage I use.

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
10-21-2011, 09:46 AM
When you take snapshots in Vegas, you must set the preview settings to Best (Full). Otherwise, it will either look blurry or with poor quality.

10-21-2011, 12:29 PM
(10-21-2011 09:46 AM)DrMircow Wrote:  When you take snapshots in Vegas, you must set the preview settings to Best (Full). Otherwise, it will either look blurry or with poor quality.

That's what I was trying to say Tongue

10-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah I make sure it's best (full) but it still is blurry. I use Vegas 9 so maybe that's why. But idc I'm fine with frames.

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
http://www.youtube.com/2GuysAnd1More Swear
10-21-2011, 03:22 PM
I'm fine with you doing it like that, but I just think it's less time consuming to do it the other way and I can tell no difference. Tongue

10-21-2011, 04:04 PM
I usually do both, but depending on the scene though.

03-29-2012, 03:31 PM
Question: I don't exactly know if it belongs here or in another thread, but...

What would you normally do if you find footage that you need and it only has 2 lipflaps? I'm constantly running into this, what with Pokemon and Shippuden.
Find all posts by this user
03-29-2012, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 04:04 PM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
Honestly? Make the third flap. Or transplant it from another scene and/or episode.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
03-29-2012, 05:17 PM
[quote='concrete Building' pid='7498' dateline='1333053094']

What would you normally do if you find footage that you need and it only has 2 lipflaps? I'm constantly running into this, what with Pok
03-29-2012, 06:26 PM
Try taking the open mouth and shrinking it a bit and/or decreasing the height to make it look half open.

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
03-29-2012, 06:42 PM (This post was last modified: 03-29-2012 06:44 PM by TheHawk.)
Anyone have any suggestions of an quick way to turn this guy who never talks (one in the front/ top of image) into a chatterbox?

[Image: ThBJJ.jpg]

So far, what I have done is to photo shop the lip/ beak flaps from Zorak onto his minion

(Closed)
[Image: CYtmG.gif]

(Half Open)
[Image: BGs6S.gif]

(Fully Open)
[Image: Jx8w2.gif]

I am currently editing it frame by frame to get the beak movements to sync. Do you guys know of any quicker methods I can use for this?

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
03-30-2012, 07:50 AM
[quote='concrete Building' pid='7498' dateline='1333053094']

What would you normally do if you find footage that you need and it only has 2 lipflaps? I'm constantly running into this, what with Pok
[+] 1 user Likes ssdrwh0's post
03-31-2012, 07:38 AM
(03-29-2012 06:42 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  Anyone have any suggestions of an quick way to turn this guy who never talks (one in the front/ top of image) into a chatterbox?

Hmmmm, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "frame by frame" if it means what I think it means than my suggestion might be what your already doing. But here goes anyway.

You might wanna try cutting out his mouth and pasting it over the other guys mouth. This usually won't require much from by frame work other than the lip syncing itself. But I'm not sure if that's not already what you're doing.

04-05-2012, 08:47 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2012 08:48 PM by Airrest.)
(03-29-2012 06:42 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  Anyone have any suggestions of an quick way to turn this guy who never talks (one in the front/ top of image) into a chatterbox?

CLOSED

HALF

FULLY

PROBLEM SOLVED. Your original is ALREADY the closed image. Also, I don't see the problem. This isn't that bad. It looks like you've already made him a chatterbox. What's the issue, exactly?

(03-29-2012 06:42 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  I am currently editing it frame by frame to get the beak movements to sync. Do you guys know of any quicker methods I can use for this?

No.
04-06-2012, 07:14 PM
(04-05-2012 08:47 PM)Airrest Wrote:  

CLOSED

HALF

FULLY

PROBLEM SOLVED. Your original is ALREADY the closed image. Also, I don't see the problem. This isn't that bad. It looks like you've already made him a chatterbox. What's the issue, exactly?

(03-29-2012 06:42 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  I am currently editing it frame by frame to get the beak movements to sync. Do you guys know of any quicker methods I can use for this?

No.

Yeah, I didn't think there was. I'm just worried that the frames I made won't mesh as well once they are implemented. It looks alright as far as I have made it into editing though.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
04-09-2012, 06:28 PM
This really taught me alot but do you plan typing a tutorial
on how to do lip flaps while the character is moving?
04-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Dude...
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
04-10-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys!
This thread actually helped me ^^

[Image: NINExTAILEDxDEE.png]
I do D.Gray-Man and Blazblue: Slice of Life

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DEEsidia97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DEEsidia

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)