New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Literature Subforum in Entertainment
03-11-2013, 04:57 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 11:08 PM by DelfTheFish.)
Literature Subforum in Entertainment
This is something I'd personally like to see. I'm not talking about manga here, I'm talking about books like Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, or even something like the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling. I'm interested to see what people who make abridged series read, and what they think about books they've read. I'd also be interested in being introduced to new books.

As to how much attention it would get, I posted a question about who enjoys reading on the "Random Conversation" thread a while back, digging for an idea of who might be interested in this, so that I wouldn't be suggesting something that nobody wants. There were a few responses confirming the enjoyment of reading, so that tells me this idea wouldn't be a total waste.

Any thoughts on this? Has this already been discussed and I missed it despite all my research to avoid a duplicate thread?

EDIT: I'm talking about a subforum, not just a thread. I don't think a single thread can efficiently cover all of the topics that might be brought up.

Thanks to this powerful flash, the Hi 8 can now capture a shadow in the distance. The stills, however, are even more clear, revealing that the shadow is really the blur of a man.
-Mark Z. Danielewski - House of Leaves
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-11-2013, 05:12 PM
RE: Literature Section in Entertainment
I wouldn't be averse to this.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2013, 05:21 PM
Dunno if there'd be much of a demand for it, but we hardly have any activity in the anime/manga and television/internet sections, so why not.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-11-2013, 09:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2013 01:22 PM by LightningCrabz.)
I think I'd use it. I recently got a nook, and I've been reading a lot more now.

S10's Ghost in the Shell Abridged
My Personal YT Account
Twitter
03-15-2013, 05:37 PM
So, is this still on the debate floor? Or is it just a matter of creating it at this point?

Thanks to this powerful flash, the Hi 8 can now capture a shadow in the distance. The stills, however, are even more clear, revealing that the shadow is really the blur of a man.
[+] 1 user Likes DelfTheFish's post
03-16-2013, 10:27 PM
I think everyone's all for it. Make it, dude.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
03-16-2013, 10:33 PM
Perhaps I should have changed the title of this thread to "Literature Subforum in Entertainment" since I don't think one thread can cover everything and still be on topic most of the time. I suggested it because I can't make a subforum.

Not entirely sure if you were suggesting I should make the change, since "dude" is rather nonspecific. I apologize if I was misinterpreting.

03-16-2013, 10:47 PM
Yeah, that might have been a good idea. I think we were all kind of expecting you to make a thread on it.

03-16-2013, 10:49 PM
RE: Literature Subforum in Entertainment
It has been fixed. Thanks for letting me know about the misconception.

03-16-2013, 10:56 PM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2013 10:56 PM by concrete Building.)
No problem. Also might want to update the OP and state the changes, so people aren't confused.

03-18-2013, 03:13 PM
I have made the suggested changes. Would it be possible for the mods to create the subforum, or is there something I have overlooked?

03-18-2013, 03:53 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 03:53 PM by Truthordeal.)
Sorry Delf. We'll try to get Airrest, 1Kids or Code to get it tonight. They're the only ones with admin powers at the moment.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-18-2013, 04:28 PM
Done.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like codeblackhayate's post
03-18-2013, 06:01 PM
Thank you very much. I really appreciate it.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)