New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Once Upon A Time
03-11-2013, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2013 10:00 PM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
Once Upon A Time
Anyone here see NBC's Once Upon A Time? I've been following it for around a year now.... It's pretty decent. It definitely has its bad parts and its good parts, but overall I'd recommend it for the sake of having cool discussions with people, if nothing else.

From Wikipedia:
Quote:The series takes place in the fictional seaside town of Storybrooke, Maine, in which the residents are actually characters from various fairy tales that were transported to the "real world" town and robbed of their real memories by the Evil Queen, Regina (Lana Parrilla), using a powerful curse obtained from Rumplestiltskin (Robert Carlyle). The residents of Storybrooke have lived an unchanging existence for 28 years, unaware of their own lack of aging. The town's only hope lies with a bail bondswoman, Emma Swan (Jennifer Morrison), the daughter of Snow White (Ginnifer Goodwin) and Prince Charming (Josh Dallas), who was transported from the fairy tale world before she could be cursed. As such, she is the only person who can break the curse and restore the characters' lost memories, aided by her son, Henry (Jared S. Gilmore), with whom she has recently reunited (after giving him up for adoption upon his birth), and his book of fairy tales that holds the key to ending the curse. Henry is also the adopted son of Regina (who is the mayor of Storybrooke), providing a source of conflict between the two women.
Each episode focuses on a character backstory. One segment details the character's past life that, when serialized, adds a piece to the puzzle about the primary and/or secondary characters and their connection to the events that preceded the curse and its consequences. The other, set in the present day, follows a similar pattern with a different outcome but also offers similar insights.

[Image: ?c=isi&im=%2F6125%2F86666125%2Fp...KnrscQ.png]

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2013, 09:10 AM
RE: Once Upon A Time
Spoiler(Show)
I think what Snow White did was 100% the wrong move. I kept thinking that Regina would at some point figure out that her mom was a bitch and kill her herself but noooooo... She has to ignore all the signs and kill her "unintentionally" and Snow White has to lose the thing that makes her who she is

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
Find all posts by this user
03-12-2013, 09:44 AM
Spoiler(Show)
Eh, there was no right move. Would it have been okay for Henry to find out that Snow could have saved his grandfather (Rumple) and chose not to because of some vague definition of "good" magic and "bad" magic? Cora was a bad person, and as far as anyone thought, other than Regina, she was not a redeemable character. She was going to have to go down eventually, and at least this way Snow saved someone Henry didn't want dead.

I'd be more intrigued by this if I hadn't seen a similar plot to this in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Except in Avatar, when the hero was met with the conundrum of "It's time to stop the bad guy... but how do I do that without killing him?", they gave a reasonable way for him to achieve that.

This was not an option in OUAT. Either Rumple died or Cora died. It was an easy decision. I think it's poor writing to not give her an out and then judge her for making the only choice that had any positive consequences in it.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

03-12-2013, 09:50 AM
(03-12-2013 09:44 AM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  
Spoiler(Show)
I think it's poor writing to not give her an out and then judge her for making the only choice that had any positive consequences in it.

^ That

Spoiler(Show)
Also, I wanted Regina to be able to get along with everyone else but now that's never gonna happen >.<

Projects:
03-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Spoiler(Show)
Regina finally had no reason to hate Snow, then that happened.

Very glad Rumple is still around though. He's a great character. The Dark One Rumple is my favourite character. I keep calling my wife "Dearie" and it winds her up.

All in all, I really like the show. It's funny, dramatic, the green screen work isn't horrible (but still quite noticeable), the plot twists are quite interesting... My only problem was that some of the plot twists are poorly executed. We knew it wasn't the Blue Fairy giving child-Snow that candle, the instant she appeared. "But I didn't make a wish yet..." - I instantly said "It's Rumple, or Cora."

Your local authority on Transformers and comic books

Guyver the BioBoosted Abridged
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia

Iron Manime
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia
03-28-2013, 02:44 AM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2013 07:56 AM by Truthordeal.)
Spoiler(Show)
My honest opinion on Once Upon a Time.......Crap.....No seriously the acting is really bad. Special effects....Wow...Just wow. The only way they get any worse is if they used paper cut outs. But what about the story? Well lets let the very first line I heard from the show judge that. "I will destroy all your happiness." Yea....That doesnt sound threatening to me. It sounds really pathetic. Like something a child would come up with. But let me bring up one thing that my friend noticed. If you were holding a knife that held dark magic, and someone who wants the knife tells you to give them the knife or the will kill this person would you A: Give them the knife or B: Stab them!? Seriously this bugs me and I didnt even see it.

[Image: BNsSig.jpg]
03-28-2013, 09:52 AM
@ Zoids

Spoiler(Show)
The acting is somewhat spotty. I don't like Henry's actor at all. Most people don't. Also, Maleficent was pretty bad. Also, I don't think the actress for Regina has seen enough live-action fantasy stuff, because for some reason, every time she does a hand motion for a spell, I feel like it's completely over-the-top. Other than that? The acting is pretty solid. Dunno what you're complaining about.

SFX? Those improve as it goes on. Based on your "review", I'm almost positive you only watched the first episode, maybe even the second one. First episode contains that ridiculous flying sword. It does get better. It's a TV show with a very limited budget. This is gonna happen.

And the story is actually just fine if you bothered to watch longer than two episodes. Most of the characters have decent personalities and motivations, especially Regina, who is constantly getting more depth with almost every episode.

Sounds like you don't like the show because it wasn't a masterpiece in the first couple of episodes. If you're that judgmental with everything in life, you're really missing out on a lot of things.

03-28-2013, 11:51 PM
Spoiler(Show)
I have seen more then one episode. The two that stick out are the season 1 finale and season 2 opener. The effects for the dragon were sooooooo bad! As for season 2 I want to compare that to what was going on and what was happening in a show far better then this Fringe. OUAT Everyone remembers who they are, parents reunited with children, and the acting..."You Found us." Look me straight in the eye and tell me that the delivery there was solid. As for Fringe, Future is really bad, Father and child find mother, they are reunited.

[Image: BNsSig.jpg]
11-22-2013, 12:46 PM
What's everyone's opinion on this season?

Spoiler for the latest episode:
Spoiler(Show)
This has been a season of twists, but none as big as Peter Pan's true identity!
It's annoying that Henry didn't get the meaning behind Pan's words though. "The heart of the truest believer." The heart. Dude, he put it right on front-street! Idiot!
Although I dunno why Pan had to wait ~300 years for Henry to arrive... Some other kid surely believed in magic...

YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia

Iron Manime
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia
11-23-2013, 10:02 PM (This post was last modified: 11-23-2013 10:03 PM by AnimeLawyers.)
(11-22-2013 12:46 PM)acelister Wrote:  
Spoiler(Show)

Spoiler(Show)
Dude, I swear, just a few moments before it was revealed, I figured it out >.<

My mom gets mad at me cause I keep correctly predicting shit in our shows

Spoiler(Show)
Although I dunno why Pan had to wait ~300 years for Henry to arrive... Some other kid surely believed in magic...

Spoiler(Show)
There is only one TRUEST believer.

Projects:
[+] 1 user Likes AnimeLawyers's post
11-24-2013, 09:58 AM
(11-23-2013 10:02 PM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  
Spoiler(Show)

Spoiler(Show)
Dude, I swear, just a few moments before it was revealed, I figured it out >.<

My mom gets mad at me cause I keep correctly predicting shit in our shows
That's so weird - my wife guessed it as well! Again, moments before it happened. Given the context of the episode, I really should have worked it out too. Guess I'm not as bright as I thought...
(11-23-2013 10:02 PM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  
Spoiler(Show)

Spoiler(Show)
There is only one TRUEST believer.
That is true... Apparently. XD

YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia

Iron Manime
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia
11-25-2013, 03:37 PM
I like this show less and less as time goes on. If I get one more family connection as a plot twist, I may finally quit it. It's very clear to me that these writers are pulling things out of their ass, and just like with Lost, they are completely incapable of thinking/planning ahead.

Also: Fucking stop with Neverland. I'm so tired of it. This is worse than the complaints people had about the first part of Harry Potter and the Deathy Hallows.

[+] 1 user Likes 1KidsEntertainment's post
11-26-2013, 02:37 PM
What did people say about it? I came to Harry Potter a little late... As in, I heard the audiobooks this year and have barely seen the first movie...

It seems they DID plan ahead as far as Pan went. Rumple was given that doll in the first episode of the season and it only just paid off.

If you want to see 'pulling it out of their asses', go watch Arrow. I love that show, but there's literally a point where you see Stephen Amell hesitate, as if he doesn't want to read the line as written, where he reveals he wasn't being honest about being stuck on the island for the entire 5 years.

YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia

Iron Manime
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia
11-26-2013, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-26-2013 04:10 PM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
(11-26-2013 02:37 PM)acelister Wrote:  What did people say about it? I came to Harry Potter a little late... As in, I heard the audiobooks this year and have barely seen the first movie...

People complained that "all they did was camping". I thought that complaint was incorrect, stupid, and irrelevant, but meh. Now, on the other hand, I feel this very way about Neverland. I'm tired of seeing camping and forests.

(11-26-2013 02:37 PM)acelister Wrote:  It seems they DID plan ahead as far as Pan went. Rumple was given that doll in the first episode of the season and it only just paid off.

Except even though they introduced the doll earlier, they never indicated what it MIGHT have meant. No clues whatsoever. If you rewatch earlier episodes in the season (or show), there's no point whatsoever where you can go "OHHHHH THAT MAKES EXTRA SENSE BECAUSE PAN IS HIS DAD, THEY CLEARLY PLANNED THAT FROM THIS POINT".

This is what these writers do. They did it with Lost too. They write "mysteries" without knowing what the answers to those mysteries are, so they can come up with something later and pretend it was that way all along. If you saw Lost, do you remember the whole Adam and Eve thing from season 1 that got a horrible, written-in explanation in season 6? Same shit. They are incapable of planning, just writing linearly. Which a 12 year old can do. Takes no skill.

11-27-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2013 07:45 PM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
Withdrawing this particular complaint:
http://fuckyesonceuponatime.tumblr.com/p...rspectives

They had Pan planned at least during Season 3. Bet your ass they had no clue who Rumple's dad was when writing Seasons 1 or 2 though.

11-28-2013, 02:50 PM
(11-26-2013 04:08 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  
(11-26-2013 02:37 PM)acelister Wrote:  What did people say about it? I came to Harry Potter a little late... As in, I heard the audiobooks this year and have barely seen the first movie...

People complained that "all they did was camping". I thought that complaint was incorrect, stupid, and irrelevant, but meh. Now, on the other hand, I feel this very way about Neverland. I'm tired of seeing camping and forests.
But the last book was camping for at least a third of it. However it never seemed like 'Come on! Get moving!' in the book. I'll have to compare it to the experience of watching the movie - Stephen Fry's reading of it made me want MORE camping...
(11-26-2013 04:08 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  This is what these writers do. They did it with Lost too. They write "mysteries" without knowing what the answers to those mysteries are, so they can come up with something later and pretend it was that way all along. If you saw Lost, do you remember the whole Adam and Eve thing from season 1 that got a horrible, written-in explanation in season 6? Same shit. They are incapable of planning, just writing linearly. Which a 12 year old can do. Takes no skill.
I don't remember the Adam & Eve thing... I don't really remember a lot of that show. It was fun at the time, but hardly memorable.
(11-27-2013 07:44 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  Withdrawing this particular complaint:
http://fuckyesonceuponatime.tumblr.com/p...rspectives

They had Pan planned at least during Season 3. Bet your ass they had no clue who Rumple's dad was when writing Seasons 1 or 2 though.
That actually gives more credence to your point that they just pulled it out of their ass... The 'family reunion' bit seems where they realised what they were doing, but the rest could just be what Rumple told Pan the 'last time' he was on the island. In the reveal episode, he refers to himself as the man, whereas in the rest he referred to himself in third person.

YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia

Iron Manime
YouTube
Abridged Series Wikia
05-11-2014, 10:16 PM
Just saw the season 3 finale of Once Upon a Time and holy shit, I was NOT expecting the cliff hanger. I'm super stoked for the next season now. For those who saw the ending and didn't get it, here's a hint:

Spoiler(Show)
Let it go

Overall the finale was awesome to watch,
Spoiler(Show)
I love time travel stuff so getting to see a 2 hour episode on it was very fulfilling to me.

What did everyone think? Do you think the new character will be good or bad? It could go either way imo.

Projects:
05-12-2014, 05:16 AM
This thread is hilarious in hindsight.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
06-05-2014, 02:37 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2015 03:08 AM by patrickug.)
I did read name few times but never bothered to read the summary. Now that i have. I want to watch it Psychotic Grin

affiliate marketing programs

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)