New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Silver Linings Playbook
03-16-2013, 01:09 PM
Silver Linings Playbook
I recently saw this movie, well before the Oscars at least. I was wondering if anyone else saw it. I know around my area it is very hard to see it because it was in limited release for quite a while.

I overall enjoyed the movie. Very touching and if you are expecting an average or typical Romantic Comedy, you would be delightfully surprised by this movie.

This is definitely the best performance I have seen out of Jennifer Lawrence, I wanted to hate her character. I couldn't though and her character grew on me.

Jennifer is quickly becoming one of my favorite actresses. I adore her and Emma Stone.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-17-2013, 01:07 AM
RE: Silver Linings Playbook
Same situation here.

I knew it wouldn't win best picture, but of the films in the category I certainly held a soft spot for the movie.

Its satirical approach to Romantic Comedies works really well and had me getting some good laughs. Not to mention because it's also a homage to romantic comedies, the chemistry between the two leads works really well. Bradley Cooper did very well in his role, and I admit I was surprised by how much I like Jennifer Lawrence's character despite her initial impression.

It's a nice film, and out of all the best picture nominees, I'd be more willing to watch this again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)