New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oreimo Season 2 Thoughts?
06-30-2013, 12:42 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 12:57 AM by Replay.)
Photo Oreimo Season 2 Thoughts?
I quite enjoyed the second season of Ore no Imouto ga Konnani Kawaii Wake ga Nai(Oreimo). I thought it was very delightful and funny. I especially liked the season finale. Was it wrong that I squealed with over-excitement every time I heard little Kirino say "Onii-Chan"? Oh well, I want to hear your guys' thoughts on the second season. Go ahead and reply down below.

For those who haven't watched the Anime series...

http://www.crunchyroll.ca/oreimo
[Image: 101419.jpg]

Watch it if you have the time.

#Sweg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-30-2013, 01:12 AM
RE: Oreimo Season 2 Thoughts?
As much as people try to tell me that it's actually really good and different, I'm never going to watch the quintessential incest anime.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
06-30-2013, 01:17 AM
I've been planning on writing the second season review, but lost interest right away. The series is okay, and there is a couple of ground breakers that often have not been used in most animes. Although, I can't telly you that the second season is better in any way, it's not that different from the first season, and I agree with Truth to some extent. To sum it all up if I was Anime Punk, 4 out of 5 for the second season.

My Legend begins and ends with "Fuck You!"
Demo - Stuff I Was In - Main Channel - Fate Channel - New Website
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Yaro Shien's post
08-17-2013, 03:29 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2013 03:32 AM by Replay.)
Kay, so finale is coming out in less than 24 hours. It's going to be 3 episodes(I'm pretty sure) and will end on episode 16. I don't even understand...

Oh well, I'm rooting for Kirino.

#Sweg
08-22-2013, 11:17 PM
Ending of "Oreimo" in a nutshell. If you don't want spoilers, don't open it.
Spoiler(Show)
[Image: oreimo-12-58-ayase-crying.jpg][Image: oreimo-14-7-kuroneko.jpg][Image: 4tZ33Mq.jpg?1][Image: oreimo2_14_01.jpg][Image: oreimo2_162.jpg?w=604][Image: k6smG5x.jpg?1]

Summary: Yay, he went with incest. Kyousuke turned down every girl who confessed to him and proposed to Kirino(his younger sister). She agrees, but requests to become "normal siblings" after a certain period of time. Kyousuke agrees to this request and they get married. Right after the ceremonial kiss, Kirino takes off her ring and gives it back to Kyousuke.

My Thoughts:
At first, I despised this ending. It was the fact that the male protagonist(who I was really fond of) got screwed over at the end. Maybe it was the utter disappointment I felt when I realized that the couple I was rooting for called it off at the very last second. It was like waiting for your mom to get you the new game you've been eagerly waiting to play, but the game breaking after playing it for 10 minutes. Except in this scenario, you're never going to be able to play that game again. After a while though, I calmed down and realized that I was rooting for incest. Not just incest, but under-aged incest. I wouldn't say that the ending was realistic, but it did make some sense. Where would Kirino and Kyousuke go afterwards? They're definitely not going to get any support from their parents. It's pretty much Kirino x Kyousuke vs. Society. Therefore, I will admit. This wasn't the worst ending, but I still didn't like it. At least they didn't pull an OniAi. That would've pissed me off a lot more.

#Sweg
08-22-2013, 11:47 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-2013 11:50 PM by Truthordeal.)
Wait wait wait wait wait. Hold on. Hold on a second.

The producers of this show actually did the incest option? They actually had the audacity to go through with an actual incest ending? Well...

[Image: gesture-nose-bridge-pinch.jpeg?w=400]

Way to go. Way to fucking go. I wish I could say I wasn't shocked, because the show being named "My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute" really should have tipped me off. And it did. I knew what this was and I avoided it like the fucking plague because I knew what it was. "But Truthordeal," people told me, "it's not really an incest show. It's a show about mocking anime tropes and you like mocking things!" I was told they just hint at it to be clever and to please the sicko pervert demographic.

Well, now I can definitively say that this is a fucking incest show and anyone who tries to tell you any different is full of shit. And even though I knew it was going to end up this way, I still thought maybe that the producers would have enough sense not to go with the incest route. I'm sure incest is a big part of hentai and all that, but I thought that this was a more mainstream show, so maybe I could count on anime producers not being terrible people for a change but apparently not. I guess this is what I get for expecting too much of the anime community at large.

Man, just...fuck Oreimo and all of the people that tried to get me to watch it.

If anyone needs me, I'll be in the angry dome.

[Image: tumblr_lh4wdoWGL91qzsiy0o1_r1_400.gif]

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
08-23-2013, 12:10 AM
My one and only reaction:
[Image: tumblr_mj1u0kp0hW1qi34nio2_250.gif]

08-23-2013, 12:35 AM
I take it that nobody actually looked at my summary and only looked at the pictures.

#Sweg
08-23-2013, 12:46 AM
No no. I read your summary because I wanted to be 100% sure that what I thought happened happened. The fact that they returned to being "normal siblings" after they got married not only doesn't mitigate the incest angle, but it makes my head double over trying to process the stupidity of that statement.

[+] 2 users Like Truthordeal's post
08-23-2013, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 08-23-2013 03:55 AM by Stephan.)
I read it as well. The entire concept of the show is still gross, and not purely because of the fact that there's incest in it. I absolutely do not condone incest in any way, but there are very mature and poignant ways the topic can be handled. It is a real thing that exists, however strange most of us find it, so it makes sense that some people would want to explore it in fiction. However, the show obviously exists to fetishize it and play into kinky fantasies rather than actually approach a taboo topic with anything resembling class.

It's obviously a fanservice show given the concept and art style, which I've become even more sure of after reading what you wrote, and pretending it's anything more is stupid.

EDIT: Also, judging by those pictures and the way you talked about it it's also one of those harem anime, all of which I have problems with for a multitude of reasons I won't get into.

08-23-2013, 08:38 PM
I gave it a chance by watching the first episode... That's it though. It had it's chance and it met expectations. Incest, fan-service, etc. is just waiting behind that play button. I feel like maybe someone else could watch this if they really felt it necessary it's just that I can even think of incest as an option. The fact that he is attracted to his sister is reason enough to not like this show.

3/10

(Only Based On Episode 1 of Season 1)

PS: I don't hate romance anime, it's just that I won't watch them unless it has entertainment value. (Not Fan-service 24/7)

Contact me at my Skype:
OmniKrane

[Image: a_560x0.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)