New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Your Favourite Anime Series?
07-24-2013, 05:03 PM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2013 09:44 AM by Zero Signer.)
RE: What's Your Favourite Anime Series?
My favorites are Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon Advance, and Dragon Ball GT (my Lil guilty pleasure sorry about that).
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2013, 05:04 PM

#Sweg
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Replay's post
07-27-2013, 03:24 AM
My favorite series is one that not alot of people have heard of unfortunately, BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad.

It's a show that about a 14 year-old boy named Yukio Tanaka who has very little direction in his retentively boring life, aside from the expected "do well in school" and the such. That changes however when he saves an odd-looking dog from some kids, and the owner Ryusuke Minami (who's trying to start his own band) indirectly exposes him to the world of rock. Eventually, the band Beck is made from Yukio, Ryusuke, and several other character met along the way.

The show focuses on the band's dynamic and the troubles the band faces in the world. Honestly, while the plot itself sound pretty standard for a shonen (working together to be the best, etc.) the dub script and the presentation are unlike any other anime I've seen before, easily holding up as not just a great anime, but a great show in general.

What grips me are the pretty naturalistic character interactions, the passion for rock that the series is centered around, the absolutely fantastic atmosphere, and some pretty good songs. It's not exactly an "epic show," it's pretty grounded and mellow throughout, but it's still engaging despite that.

I'd easily recommend it, if you can mind the slow pace of course.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Fuzzy's post
07-29-2013, 04:25 PM
(07-20-2013 11:15 AM)mattroks101 Wrote:  My favorites are Baccano!, Trigun, and DTB (a guilty pleasure).

[Image: tumblr_m43qzv4qdZ1rv6gt0o1_500.png]

I have just added to your conversation.
[Image: ajdodwp.gif]

[+] 1 user Likes TheAwesomeDarkNinja's post
08-01-2013, 03:08 PM
To me, my favorite from 2012 is Sword Art Online, 2013 goes to Attack on Titan obviously,

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)