Indeed, good sir.
Hell naw, dat' shit cray!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Sections in the Codex Category
07-17-2013, 10:29 PM
Lightbulb New Sections in the Codex Category
Since there are groups on the forums such as Let's Players, AMVers, and Fandubbers. I think there should be 2 more databases in the codex area of the forums to advertise those type of videos. One would promote a let's play series and the other would promote different videos of fan-dubs and AMVs. I say this because those type of videos don't fit in the category of Abridged Series Database, Projects Database, nor Skype Username Database. Not only will this organise the forums a little bit more, but it will attract other people who do anime-related things as well. It's not pointless, because I know some people on the forums must do something else asides from parodying or abridging and most people here don't only look at abridged series on Youtube. Of course I'll understand if the idea isn't approved because the demand isn't too high, but I think that this idea won't do any negative impact against the site nor the community.

I bring this up, because I just made a fandub video and I'm not too sure where to post it.

#Sweg
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-17-2013, 11:27 PM
RE: New Sections in the Codex Category
My .02 is that the Projects Database is supposed to encompass all of the non-abridging projects the members here do. For example, I've seen more than a few member-made AMV and Let's Play threads, as well as fandub stuff, which is about as close to an abridged series as you'll get. While what you say about people doing all sorts of non-abridging projects is true, this is ultimately the ABRIDGED forums, and that's where the site's main focus lays.

But that's my opinion. If the other mods and members want it or think it's a good idea then I'm not against it.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
07-18-2013, 02:03 AM
Yeah no. No need whatsoever. No demand, no benefit from it... No.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes 1KidsEntertainment's post
07-19-2013, 06:20 PM
The main focus of AF is Abridging, but since many of us dabble in other types of media, the Projects section exists as a a bit of a catch-all. We aren't the most active of forums, so having a bunch of different categories would result in more clutter and desolate subforums instead of organization.

There are other boards that cover each of those items with greater depth and with more participation. =3

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like codeblackhayate's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)