New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Longer voting and nominations?
08-11-2013, 01:26 AM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 01:27 AM by MovesLikeJagger.)
Longer voting and nominations?
I have a suggestion or two: Instead of just a few days, why not keep voting and/or nominatons threads for AF Live open for a week or so?Dat Ass That way, everyone'll have a good chance to get theirs done in time and not miss it... like I have the past 2-3 AFs.Speechless Every time I remember to check AF now, I end up finding the threads just after that shit's closed.Headbang And then I'm like, "...FUCK" Swear

"It's not about who's right and who's wrong!"
"Because if it was, I'd be right."
"There are more important things than that!"
"Like bacon..." Skype Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2013, 08:45 AM
RE: Longer voting and nominations?
I also have a suggestion. Let's remove all these fucking smilies.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Rebbie's post
08-11-2013, 09:29 AM
The reason the nomination/voting periods are as long as they are is because we need to fit everything within basically two weeks before the live show. We can't start nominations too early or people will forget their picks and lose interest, and we can't have voting end too late or else we risk having our guests not be able to actually attend the show.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
08-11-2013, 10:48 AM
Extending it to a week sounds a little excessive. Over 60 people, all of whom were members for over a month and had at least 30 posts, were able to vote in that time. There's enough time.

I think that the solution you are looking for may be in telling everyone that voting has begun. The AbridgedForums could have a newsletter sent to members reminding them to vote or telling important information. People can sign up if they're not sure if they'll be on enough to notice these events, and be alerted when they can attend.
[+] 3 users Like ZombieOnTheBrain's post
08-11-2013, 12:13 PM
We have a twitter and facebook account for AF. Usually the facebook account notifies of voting, but I believe Airrest is suuuuper busy atm.

08-11-2013, 02:01 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2013 02:06 PM by Airrest.)
Actually, we USED to have nomination be a week and voting be a week. I found that every time, nominations stopped after a couple of days and so did voting. So my ideal time now is 3 days for each, which I try to do if possible.

Oh and my super busy-ness just ended. But next month's show date is still up in the air, as I won't be available until the 21st next month anyway, which still may not even be good. So it's possible we'll skip next month's show. I'll keep you informed. But don't expect a show at the beginning of September.

And lastly, like code said, I try to keep everyone informed. I always make a Facebook post about it and our Twitter and Facebook accounts are linked, so no matter which you follow, you won't miss an announcement.

AbridgedForums Facebook / Twitter

My personal Twitter
08-11-2013, 02:36 PM
I'm impressed. For a forum centered around a silly hobby about creating parodies, we sure do have a lot of mods and administrators who take their jobs very seriously.
08-11-2013, 08:32 PM
It doesn't matter what your forum's purpose is. They take a lot of work to keep productive, civil, positive, and maintained.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
[+] 1 user Likes 1KidsEntertainment's post
08-14-2013, 11:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2013 11:55 PM by MovesLikeJagger.)
Admittedly, a lot of it is just me being forgetful. However... with regard to FB and Twitter, unless you're "friends" with/following only a handful of accounts, 1 or 2 posts once a month or so are likely gonna get buried (easily) unless you're constantly checking.Undecided

Seems sticky notes or writing down on my notepad are still the best way to go to keep from forgetting... At least those would be right in front of me or not far from my comp at all times.Dat Ass

"It's not about who's right and who's wrong!"
"Because if it was, I'd be right."
"There are more important things than that!"
"Like bacon..." Skype Cool
08-15-2013, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2013 08:16 AM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
I follow 87 people on Twitter and have over 160 FB friends and I've never missed an AbridgedForums post.

This is all about voting for some random person to be on a stupid internet show that gets like 30 views or something.It's not a big deal if you miss the voting, or even miss the show itself. Short nomination time and voting time might occasionally inconvenience you, but Airrest has made it clear how much it helps us. You know. The people running the show.

Ultimately, it's up to him.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

08-15-2013, 08:39 AM
I'd be interested to see a vote on whether people think the current system isn't good enough. Because I too have had no problem knowing when AFL is approaching, either seeing the signs on the forums, Twitter, or Facebook. Its not easy for me to miss it.
I think Jagger might just be a vocal minority here.

S10's Ghost in the Shell Abridged
My Personal YT Account
Twitter
08-15-2013, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't a vote to find out if people know about a vote be a bit redundant?

Also, moving this to the right forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)