and then I had to remind myself

[Image: a52eeUP.gif]

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2015, 01:54 PM
RE: Pro Wrestling
Guess what guys? It's Wrestlemania 31! I know I know, WWE has done such a great job building up to it that the mere shock of knowing it was coming soon made me completely forget about it. Let's analyze the card.

Spoiler(Show)
WWE World Heavyweight Championship Match:
Brock Lesnar w/ Paul Heyman vs. Roman Reigns

I never really lost sight of what made Roman Reigns awesome when he started to get over in late 2013, so I didn't jump on the bandwagon of hating the guy for the Rumble win. That said, I am disappointed he won. At the time he was feuding with Big Show who, let's face it, isn't in-ring savvy and made Reigns look awful with their boring matches. I agree that Reigns has a lot of room for improvement, but he's on the right track for the most part. It's just that he really shouldn't be going against Lesnar at Wrestlemania. He simply isn't ready. But I am just going to throw caution to the wind and simply go into this match with no expectations. Who knows, I may be surprised! The title defense at the Royal Rumble turned out to be one of the best matches of the year, and I wasn't excited for that at all. My prediction, or hope, for this match is that Brock Lesnar retains. Makes him "look strong" and doesn't hurt Roman Reigns with the crowd. And it will lead into a perfect cash-in with Seth Rollins.

Sting vs. Triple H

Sting is going to win. That's all there is to it. I'm not going to pretend that I was a wrestling die-hard as a kid, so the only real exposure to Sting I have is by playing WCW vs. nWo: World Tour on my Nintendo 64. I binge-played that game, so it's weird seeing the real Sting in action after battling a video game one for such a long time. But that's enough about video games. In recent years, I saw him in TNA and he certainly was a stand-out. I don't know what it is about him on the mic that I love so much, but it's great for sure. Anyway, the match will be great. If Sting hasn't lost a step and can contend with Triple H's stamina, I have no doubt this will be the highlight of Wrestlemania this year. Woo!

Bray Wyatt vs. The Undertaker

Everyone and their mother has been predicting this match since the Royal Rumble. I was too blind or cynical to see it. I thought the Undertaker had pretty much retired from wrestling after the breaking of his streak, but it's cool to see him back... to a point. Last year's match had one of the best finishes ever but the match itself sucked. The Undertaker just couldn't keep up with Lesnar, which is what I hope doesn't happen this year with Bray Wyatt. Bray Wyatt on the other hand, is better than ever. That's why I don't want either one to lose. May sound strange but I don't Undertaker to kill Wyatt's momentum, and at the same time, Undertaker deserves to win after the heartbreak from last year. This may be one of the most exciting matches on the card simply due to the possibilities of guessing who will beat the other. Another quick thing to point out is that these two could have a rivalry chemistry like none other - but will possibly never get a chance to show it in promos. The Undertaker is returning this Sunday for the first time instead of being on Raw for the last month. So either way, I can see Undertaker disappearing once again after the match's conclusion - which sucks because I want to see a legit feud from these guys.

Randy Orton vs. Seth Rollins

Oh good... Randy Orton... In a Wrestlemania match... taking the spot of a possible Mizdow match or Stardust match... Good... *ahem* Okay well, there's no denying it. Randy Orton is back and more over than ever. Before I analyze this match, let's just point out the obvious that I despise Orton. I've despised him ever since the first match I've seen him in. Heel or Face, I hate him. That said, this story is so legit. It's a proper feud that actually has some proper story elements rather than I beat him up last week, so he beats me up this week. This match has been built up pretty well with Rollins acting like such a tool to the Authority. Randy Orton wants to shut him up and get his revenge for the near ending of his career. I like it. I don't like Orton. I hope Rollins beats Orton simply for selfish purposes, though I can see Orton beating Rollins simply to build-up for his cash-in.

United States Championship Match:
John Cena vs. Rusev (w/ Lana possibly)

Cena wins. Lol.

Andre The Giant Battle Memorial

I hope that this match ends up being an annual "pushing" of a superstar that needs it. Someone who has been working hard for it. Someone who has been the crowd's favorite, but unspoken by the WWE for a while. We all know who I'm talking about. That man is Damien Mizdow. He is being built-up to win, and I certainly hope he does. The only flaws here I see is that it could possibly be too obvious. The thing with Cesaro from last year is that yes, he was getting a push, but he also kept out of the light until the moment would shine brightest like Wrestlemania. Mizdow has been in the light for quite a while. I hope Mizdow will secure a victory and hopefully have a better push than Cesaro did after he won.

Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Bad News Barrett vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Luke Harper vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Dean Ambrose vs. R-Truth

This is the most awkward match on the card. On one hand, three of it's participants are the most over guys in the company right now and should be in the WWE World Heavyweight Championship match instead of this one. On the other hand, the story has been in "what the hell"-mode for weeks and weeks. I like every single guy in this match. Bad News Barrett is my third favorite wrestler but I feel bad that he's been Intercontinental Championship place holder instead of getting a proper storyline for so long now. Luke Harper should be the Intercontinental Champion going into this match as he's a great wrestler and his reign as champion was so ridiculously short. R-Truth is beloved and I like the guy a lot, so I hope he leaves with the belt simply because the rest of these wrestlers deserve more. Dean Ambrose was my personal pick to win the Royal Rumble, so I want him to be main eventing instead of becoming the Intercontinental Champion (I mean, he was the United States Champion for so long that I have the belt around his waist eternally projected into my vision when I see him coming down the ramp). Daniel Bryan deserves more, plain and simple. Dolph Ziggler... oh boy... this man needs to be in a better place. He defeats the Authority and has been built-up for so long but WWE is afraid to make him their poster boy or simply give him the opportunity he needs. He is the most underrated man in this match, and they've been building him for weeks. That said, I hope he doesn't win. He's becoming the second Intercontinental Champion place holder second to Barrett. He also deserves more, much more.

The Bella Twins vs. AJ Lee and Paige

I feel like this match exists for two reasons. One - to have a Divas match. Two - to have a Paige and AJ match. I kinda wish this match meant more instead of being thrown together. With about six relevant divas, it's so hard to hope for good feuds coming out of this match. I don't know who will win, but I don't feel like it will matter in the end.

Tag Team Championship Fatal 4-Way Match:
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro vs. Los Matadores vs. The Usos vs. The New Day

Wait didn't this happen before? Anyway, I like Kidd and Cesaro as champs obviously. They put on insanely good matches and the fact that they use that god-awful theme as the theme of their tag team allows me to believe that Cesaro has a better theme that he never uses. In any case, I don't see this being a classic. It's just weird and forced. Plus the fact that it's the pre-show leads me to believe that WWE sees it that way as well.

And you can see that all on the WWE Network for only 9.99

I have just added to your conversation.
[Image: ajdodwp.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes TheAwesomeDarkNinja's post
03-26-2015, 02:14 PM
Taker vs. Lesnar last year was bad because Taker got a concussion early in the match. I'm sure he's more than capable of holding his own against Brock.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-26-2015, 08:30 PM
(03-26-2015 02:14 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Taker vs. Lesnar last year was bad because Taker got a concussion early in the match. I'm sure he's more than capable of holding his own against Brock.

I hope that's the case. I know he had a damn good match with CM Punk a year prior, so I'm hoping he feels better this year or doesn't injure himself again. Not just for the match's sake of course.

03-30-2015, 04:59 PM
[Image: aw50bX8.jpg]

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 2 users Like Truthordeal's post
03-30-2015, 06:59 PM
(03-30-2015 04:59 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  [Image: aw50bX8.jpg]

I didn't watch Wrestlemania. Too busy with other stuff. Just read the results. And I must say, I'm happy about Seth Rollins being the champion.

Of course, CenaWinsLolXD. I remember discussing this quite a while ago about how Rusev would eventually be "fed to Cena". We all saw it coming. How did the crowd react though?

Big Show winning the Battle Royal? Really? What the hell? I don't even...

I refuse to be constantly bullied by Truthordeal just because I'm a "Junior" Mod.
03-30-2015, 07:21 PM
(03-30-2015 06:59 PM)ArkaKun Wrote:  I didn't watch Wrestlemania. Too busy with other stuff. Just read the results. And I must say, I'm happy about Seth Rollins being the champion.

It was a grand way to end Wrestlemania in my opinion. They don't doom Reigns to all the heat of the audience that he would get as Champion, but they don't exactly make him lose the match. Now we have a Champion we can actually get behind. Looking at it now, on terms of storyline purposes, Reigns really was the best choice to win (at least I could see WWE's perspective).

(03-30-2015 06:59 PM)ArkaKun Wrote:  Of course, CenaWinsLolXD. I remember discussing this quite a while ago about how Rusev would eventually be "fed to Cena". We all saw it coming. How did the crowd react though?

The crowd was pretty interesting. They were behind the whole America wins thing, but they hated Cena. I would say Rusev was the favorite, but his reaction wasn't too strong either. The bottom line is that Rusev got decent boos for his excellent Heel run but Cena got boos because everyone knew he was going to win. Especially after showing the 9/11 memorial in Cena's video package. Like, are you kidding me? Haha.

(03-30-2015 06:59 PM)ArkaKun Wrote:  Big Show winning the Battle Royal? Really? What the hell? I don't even...

It was a damn shame. Though I'm happy to see if they capitalize off of Mizdow betraying Miz, I am just so scared of seeing him fade into mediocrity after this. But yeah, Big Show. Crap.

[+] 1 user Likes TheAwesomeDarkNinja's post
05-27-2015, 07:04 PM
Who is the biggest heel in pro wrestling right now? Seth Rollins, the man who betrayed his brothers in order to push himself ahead, threatened to paralyze Edge and cost Roman the championship at Wrestlemania? Kevin Owens, the man who ruined his best friend's moment of glory to coax him into a title match, then beat him within an inch of his life to send a message? Dixie Carter?

No.

The biggest heel in pro wrestling right now is none other than Dolph Ziggler. His crime? Being a manwhore and driving a wedge further between Rusev and Lana.

I feel bad for both Rusev and Lana. The two of them are so obviously kindred spirits, soulmates bound by their nigh insatiable desire to kill all humans crush all Americans. It's tragic how much they've drifted apart, but I can understand why. Rusev is a man of passion, and the only thing more important to him than Lana and crushing America is his pride, and in surrendering to John Cena he's gone over the edge. To make it worse, Lana was the one who intervened, depriving Rusev of his manhood even further. Even though some of the stuff he's said in the fallout was horrible, I don't blame Rusev. Rusev was bred as a fighting machine in Bulgaria. He doesn't know how to love; all that he knows about women has come from American sitcoms and Bulgarian/Russian dating sites. Rusev was taught to always push away anyone who made him weaker, and that meant Lana.

And Lana, for her part, met up with the ultimate Rebound Douche, Dolph Ziggler. This isn't the first time Ziggler has "conveniently" found himself in this position either; both Vickie Guerrero and AJ Lee (both of whom are now RETIRED, coincidentally) ended up with Dolph as their rebound douche. And in both cases, Dolph treated them terribly and broke up with them when a new, better "thing" (because Dolph Ziggler probably considers women property) came along. It's only a matter of time until Ziggler breaks Lana's heart, and I see Rusev's actions against him as the only way he knows how to prevent that from happening.

Regardless of whether or not true love prevails, Rusev will crush the imperious American manwhore Dolph Ziggler. ????? ???? ????? ?????

And that's why you should watch Elimination Chamber.

[+] 2 users Like Truthordeal's post
05-27-2015, 08:05 PM
I wasn't initially going to watch Elimination Chamber, but after reading Truth's eye-opening post, I now must. But seriously though, what exactly do they plan on doing with Anal Lana?

I actually wanted to discuss something else here too. What's your opinion on The Shield reuniting? On Payback, we all witnessed that sweet little moment where they came together and triple powerbombed Randy Orton through the table. If you ask me if they should ever reunite, then I think the answer is obviously yes. But when? Rumours have been going around the internet (I know. Very trusted) that WWE is planning on reuniting the group as early as late 2015 or early 2016. Is this a bit too early? I think so. I believe they should have their individual runs for longer before coming together again. I personally thought it was too early for the group to be disbanded. But at the moment, reuniting them again this early is probably not a good idea.

I refuse to be constantly bullied by Truthordeal just because I'm a "Junior" Mod.
05-28-2015, 06:47 PM (This post was last modified: 05-28-2015 06:59 PM by Truthordeal.)
(05-27-2015 07:04 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Rusev is a man of passion, and the only thing more important to him than Lana and crushing America is his pride, and in surrendering to John Cena he's gone over the edge.

[Image: LbPHhNs.png]
Rusev could crush many things, but he couldn't control himself from crushing the heart of the one he loved.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)