New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stupid Fun Games
12-21-2013, 03:21 PM
Stupid Fun Games
I had just finished playing the story mode of Saints Row the Third and I was extremely happy with it. I know I've praised BioWare in the past for its story and characters. I do still love BioWare and all of their games, but I feel like we need more games like Saints Row the Third.

Games that are just stupid fun. For some reason I got so much fun from killing zombies with the Penetrator weapon. I'm not sure about anyone else on the forums, but I was wondering if anyone else feels the same way I do and that we need more stupid fun games.

Games like BioShock, The Last of Us, and whatever BioWare makes are great for their story and the messages they are trying to send, but it seems like many games want to go down that dark, serious route. It feels like games over-saturate the market.

Just curious what you guys think. Do you agree with me or if you don't why don't you agree.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-21-2013, 05:54 PM
RE: Stupid Fun Games
(12-21-2013 03:21 PM)Kat Wrote:  Games like BioShock, The Last of Us, and whatever BioWare makes are great for their story and the messages they are trying to send, but it seems like many games want to go down that dark, serious route. It feels like games over-saturate the market.

Just curious what you guys think. Do you agree with me or if you don't why don't you agree.

It's just taste. It's almost the same as asking "Comedy or Drama".

I think though, is just the abundance of good corny games. Dead Rising, although it is serious in story, is just the answer to "do you want to kill zombies and what will you do it with?"

There are not very many games that know how to make a fun environment like that. Saint's Row: The Third, even though it receives ridicule for being very unrealistic, is a great game. It takes aspects from every other genre imaginable and crams it into one game.

Does it feel seemless?

NO. It feels really out of place at many parts, especially when you transition from sci-fi to zombies to pro wrestling. But this is just what Saint's Row wants to do. It wants to have fun with you (the programmers, not the game lol).

As I said before, it's just the abundance of good corny games. Deadpool was little disappointing of a game because it was boring (from what I heard). The newest Duke Nukem was a disgrace. From games like these, it's hard to get behind any sort of stupid fun video game because they are very hard to pull off and are usually very bad.

Does that make any sense?

I have just added to your conversation.
[Image: ajdodwp.gif]

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-21-2013, 06:32 PM
More games want to be "art," so naturally they become darker. Then you have the games that are a reaction against that, i.e., Super Meat Boy or what have you. I can dig both in certain quantities, as evidenced by the fact that I'm currently alternating between The World Ends With You and Mario 3D Land.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
12-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I get what you are saying AwesomeDarkNinja. It is a taste thing. I love both types as well. To me it seems like one out weighs the other. I love a balance. Granted I have just gotten back into gaming. The last time I truly gamed like I do now was back when Kingdom Hearts 2 came out for the PS2.

A quick side note about reception. It seems like too much weight is put on number scores than actual reviews. When I was younger I was guilty of thinking that a high number score meant it was a good game that I would like on a person level. I was dead wrong on that regard. Now I look more for the content than the number score. That's another topic for another day though.

I also get where you are coming from as well Truth. I think for me is that the games I find more of are the "dark" types, and I don't see enough stupid fun stuff. Could just have been a preference dealio.

What I meant by oversaturation was that there seem to be a lot more of the "dark, serious" stuff, than anything more Saints Row like. At times when you play a lot of the more artsy stuff it is draining emotionally and mentally. At times I wish I could find more games like Saints Row. It knows what it is and just has wacky fun. By this point I'm just rambling. Hope what I said makes sense though.

For example, I just finished my exams. College exams are grueling so I want to play a game to cool off. I would not want to play any BioWare games to cool off too much emotional draining. For me I guess it is more of having a hard time finding games like Saints Row, when I see more of the artsy games.
08-13-2017, 10:15 AM
There are lots of fun games. BTW I love playing at veve games you don't need much time to become the pro player, just play and kill the sadnessWink

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)