http://www.youtube.com/user/ChadVisionAbridged
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChelsieVision
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ChadVision's post
06-18-2011, 11:41 AM
RE: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban is the worst movie of the series
(06-17-2011 12:30 AM)ChadVision Wrote:  "By the hair on my Ochin-i-chinchin!"

God fucking dammit, I can't stop laughing.
07-11-2013, 03:52 AM (This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 04:01 AM by POASucked.)
I googled "Prisoner of Azkaban worst Harry Potter movie" to see whether anyone else felt the same I did because I saw one list that ranked it the best, and I found this thread. I am now shamelessly bumping it just to say that everything 1KE said was totally on point and the exact same complaints I have. That book is perhaps my favorite one in the series because it's the moment where shit gets real and the series ceases to be "Look at this lighthearted children's fantasy story about the little boy who goes to the school with magic staircases!", and all of that was totally removed in the horrid movie. In particular, the Shrieking Shack scene -- one of my favorite passages in the book, the only thing that beats it being The Prince's Tale -- is where suddenly we realize just what the series is and finally starts to understand why things happened the way they did.. and I actually laughed out loud watching that scene in the movie because of how confusing it was. They failed to adequately explain freaking anything and in doing so they mitigated if not entirely negated the impact of that scene, a scene that is meant to be the first turning point of the series. Obviously moviegoing is a subjective experience and it's not like there's a right way to watch a movie, but the fact is that a part of those movies is that they are adapting the books, and PoA completely and utterly bombed on that count. You are speaking from ignorance if you have not read the books because you are missing a huge part of what the movies fundamentally are. Saying "Nothing fucking happened", "Nothing happened", and boiling down the plot of an entire movie to one line, which you can do with any movie, as your attempt to explain why you thought one movie was worse is obnoxious and immature as all hell. Of course, Airrest did go into more detail later, but just starting out with rude statements like that and acting like "I think this movie is boring" makes it objectively bad is a pretty fucking douchey way to start off a conversation and even later Airrest seemed really dismissive and condescending. 1KE said he's normally better than that, so maybe he just was grumpy this day? Or maybe he's one of those people who somehow manages to get power-drunk based on being the administrator of a message board and is an insuffrable prick as a result - you all know the type. I'm not gonna say he's that kind of person or not - just that based on his horrible attitude in this thread, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't even get the point of posting if you're literally going to just say "K. It sucked." and then start randomly accusing people of being "too blinded by HP love" to realize when a movie is bad when the thread's opening post was about how horrible a HP movie was in the first place.

In short, PoA was shit at explaining the plot which makes it a really bad movie unless you're just looking for action-action-action, which is stupid because that's not what that series is - that'd be like me watching the Care Bears and getting pissed there aren't enough sex scenes. DHP1 was fine and the split into two movies was a good idea which can only be understood if you actually know the series, and above all else Airrest, if he's ordinarily anything like he is in this thread, needs to get the Elder Wand out of his ass or else he'll lose a buttock like the anonymous old cronies of Alastor Moody in addition to coming off as a total fucknose. Again, I'm not saying he is a fucknose.. just that he might be one. But I don't want to be like him and speak from ignorance.

(P.S. in the shrieking shack scene it totally sounds like someone (sirius?) says "He (wormtail) cut off his finger so everyone would think he was GAY!" It's fucking hilarious and EVERYONE should go back and find it. 1KE should find it because i want his life to include more laughing and pleasure, and airrest should find it because maybe a good laugh will dislodge the stick from his ASS)
Find all posts by this user
07-11-2013, 04:07 AM
---Uh, y-you're kinda' two years late to this thread. And you seem to have registered on the forums to specifically reply to it.

i don't even

[Image: YFrnz2P.png]
PSN, Skype, Steam: YamiMario
DeviantArt, Tumblr, YouTube
07-11-2013, 05:04 AM
Yes. Yes, I have.
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM
You're a fucking idiot.

[+] 1 user Likes Stephan's post
07-11-2013, 03:59 PM
He's right about the movie though.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
[+] 1 user Likes 1KidsEntertainment's post
07-11-2013, 05:09 PM
I'm gonna assume that that "YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG" thing in 1KE's sig means that Airrest realized the error of his ways w/r/t the third HP movie and being dismissive.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)