New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
What's your favorite abridged series?
02-18-2014, 09:42 PM
What's your favorite abridged series?
I seriously hope I didn't put this in the wrong subject.

Anyway, mine is None piece.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2014, 09:53 PM
RE: What's your favorite abridged series?
I supposed mine is either EvAbridged, or Pokemon 'Bridged.
02-18-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 07:14 PM by Sutue.)
Those are pretty good.
02-19-2014, 07:05 AM
Mine is LK's Ninja Spoof.

(01-20-2014 10:31 PM)Pineapple Justice Wrote:  That's what makes us great.
That's what makes this place great.
And, by god, that's what makes America great.
*Flag waving behind me. Oh, so gloriously. Suck it, England.*

God bless the AbrigeForms!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-19-2014, 07:27 AM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 07:15 PM by Sutue.)
IT'S THE ROWER!
02-19-2014, 02:31 PM (This post was last modified: 02-19-2014 02:34 PM by Cornstomper.)
Bargearse.

[Image: 064oLU8.gif][Image: ZvCxvJM.gif]
Find this shit on YouTube: Exactly what it says on the tin (Cornstomper).
Check out my comedy band!
02-19-2014, 04:53 PM
(02-19-2014 02:31 PM)Cornstomper Wrote:  Bargearse.

This?

02-20-2014, 01:08 AM
Uh huh.

[Image: 064oLU8.gif][Image: ZvCxvJM.gif]
Find this shit on YouTube: Exactly what it says on the tin (Cornstomper).
Check out my comedy band!
02-20-2014, 12:00 PM
for me its ether medaka ment or nullmetal alchemist

always have a tophat
02-20-2014, 05:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2014 07:15 PM by Sutue.)
Modoka ment?

Never heard of that.

But As for nullmetal alchemist...

MAJHAL!?
MAJHAAAL!?
02-21-2014, 06:01 PM
Code Ment.
02-21-2014, 07:12 PM
(02-21-2014 06:01 PM)dylanhack Wrote:  Code Ment.

What's the deal with airline food?

What's the deal...with airline food?

What is the deal.......with airline food?

WHAT IS THE DEA-!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[+] 1 user Likes Sutue's post
02-21-2014, 09:23 PM
Quote:dylanhack Wrote:
Code Ment.

Quote:Sutue wrote:

It just costs too much for a happy meal.
02-22-2014, 06:30 PM
(02-21-2014 09:23 PM)dylanhack Wrote:  
Quote:dylanhack Wrote:
Code Ment.

Quote:Sutue wrote:

It just costs too much for a happy meal.

Now explain this to me like i'm retarded...
02-22-2014, 07:16 PM
(02-22-2014 06:30 PM)EmoShadowNinja Wrote:  Now explain this to me like i'm retarded...

That...won't...be an issue...
02-22-2014, 10:51 PM
Wouldn't this go in the Abridged Series section instead of Open Discussion? C'mon, guys. We have sections for a reason, please don't shit all over them.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
02-22-2014, 11:58 PM
Sorry 1Kids, but I can see where his POV is, though I can see yours as well, sometimes it can be very confusing with these things. Especially when its talking about Abridged/MENT Series in a General Abridged & Parody Thread instead of an Open Discussion.

At any rate, 2nd Fav. is Girls und Abridged or Girls und Panzer Abridged...ether have this weird, sometimes edgy humor that I like, and it's difficult to explain.
02-23-2014, 12:04 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2014 09:29 AM by walter.)
I always enjoy anything from WTS or LK. TFS is really great too but not a favorite.

update per truth's very reasonable point-

Okay so LK would be my top favorite in that I don't know the guy obviously, but I remember seeing a convention vid a while back where he talked about how he got started up and how he was beforehand (his back-story). I initially found his stuff like 4 or 5 years ago. He seems like a legitimately great person who loves what he's doing and has done it for no other reason than to please the fans that helped his show grow from spontaneous silliness to....to well, to better lip-flapped spontaneous silliness. Probably not the best reasoning, but I find that I can't really laugh at someone I don't like, though I do try to stay pretty objective about most things. I think that's why purpleeyes is pretty great too.

I guess the more technical reason could be that I feel like he is the absolute best at mocking the crap out of any source material while having layers to his jokes. Seems like he does it pretty easily, pretty genius to me really.

As for WTS I've been laughing at his/their stuff before I even knew I was. I remember I was like...13 or 15 and my friend would always say "THAT IS THE POWER OF THE CHUPACABRA, DO YOU WANT MORE?!" I always laughed at that shit and he'd quote a bunch of "green dick" stuff at me. You can see where I'm going with this. Of course I didn't find out until 6+ years later about the actual guys and when I did I think dotns had 3 eps. All the way from the dragon stuff, dotns to rapeman; all of wts' stuff feels really organic, and just has a thing to it that no one else has that makes it one of the best to me.

Spoiler(Show)
I'd also like to point out since Mrskoringo mentioned it and it's relevant. I actually watched some Gws guy's stuff recently, while it's definitely not for everyone, I dig it. Staa is really fucking great too.

[Image: 334169_200x130.png?v=1391966336.19]
02-23-2014, 12:25 AM
KENSHIRO OR DBZ!

W-T-S IS DA ONE FOR ME! Rock
02-23-2014, 08:50 AM
See, I like this thread because it's something positive in the midst of criticism and the negativity inherently involved in that, but I also dislike it because it seems like people are just using it to list a few names and move on. Throw in some reasoning, or something to add more meat to your list of favorites.

Quote:Hey Truthordeal, quit being a fuddy-duddy and lead by example.

Okeydoke. And just for added difficulty, I'll avoid mentioning series that will probably never update or the creator has said they've given up. So this throws out three of my mainstays, SamTheGreek's Big O, Nullmetal Alchemist, and Dub of the North Star. With all that in mind, I'd have to pick TheWINchestersInc's Supernatural Abridged. I actually did a write up a long long time ago about why I liked it so much, so I'll just post that here:

(07-26-2012 11:11 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  1) It's well written. Before you say "no it's not," yes it is. The characters have personalities, even the ones with gimmicks. The dialog is snappy, creative and hilarious. Everyone does something for a reason; there are no "OH MY GOD WHY AM I HERE!" jokes. None of the writing feels generic, and none of it is wasted on pointless things. It's all original and their take on it is probably the best out there.

2) There are jokes, not blind references or mocking something within the show in an unfunny way. They could have easily gone with a Twilight joke here or there, but they didn't, because they both realized that simple minded references like that are shallow and stupid. There aren't too many in-jokes that no one that hasn't seen Supernatural Animated will get. They actually took care in their writing, and it shows.

3) The voice acting is superb. Omni, Cipher and Bubblemunky bring their characters to life.

4) The editing is amazing. Lipflaps on that kind of animation is extremely hard to do effectively. The car scenes are made that much better with all of the floating crap in the background, especially when it's relevant to the dialog. I don't remember there being many visual effects outside of that, but there doesn't need to be. There is nothing visually intrusive that distracts you from the video as a whole.

5) Their choice in music is phenomenal. It provides a good...wrap up, to everything.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)