New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bitcoin Discussion
03-07-2014, 11:35 PM
Bitcoin Discussion
One thing that I've found very interesting over the past few months is Bitcoin. I've seen a few news segments on it and I have watched the value of a Bitcoin as it responds to events happening in the world.

The main topic I have found fascinating is how different countries are handling this new, strange currency. For example, China has banned Bitcoin transactions (though trading the currency is not regulated) whereas the US and much of Europe accept Bitcoin for legal transactions. Russia has apparently banned Bitcoin entirely.

So, who here uses Bitcoin? What do you think of it? Do you have any predictions of how this currency will continue?

Thanks to this powerful flash, the Hi 8 can now capture a shadow in the distance. The stills, however, are even more clear, revealing that the shadow is really the blur of a man.
-Mark Z. Danielewski - House of Leaves
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2014, 01:26 AM
RE: Bitcoin Discussion
I don't think I understand it completely myself, I'd read a few things about it, but it all seems like just another internet fad that could go away after awhile like Napster or something, and seeing as I'm completely horrible with money (See having debt and nothing to show for it, not even a degree) I think its in my best interest to stay the hell away from it entirely and invest my money in Disney stocks....

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
03-08-2014, 01:49 AM
Bit Coin is a great currency for people who don't understand fiscal policy, investing or basic economics. The fact that it crashes harder and more often than Zimbabwean money should say something.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 3 users Like Truthordeal's post
03-08-2014, 11:00 AM
Moved this to Serious Business.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 04:51 PM
I don't get how Bitcoin has been able to survive this long, honestly, leaves and driftwood seem like they would both be a far more stable investment.

* Aquaman: The Unabridged Parody Series (ATUPS) Episode 1 is now out!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAwc-7aHf4
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2014, 05:03 PM
From one of the news segments I've seen, Bitcoin is really popular in countries where people's faith in their government is abysmal. An example would be Ukraine, where they're having those insane riots. They have such little faith in their government's currency that they turned to the Bitcoin because they felt it was safer. I can't recall if it was Ukraine in the segment, as it was before the riots, but the concept is the same: Bitcoin is popular where it is perceived to be the safer solution.

Then there are the stories where somebody got paid in Bitcoin early on and didn't know what to do with it, so they let it sit and then the popularity took off, and the few Bitcoin they had rose in value immensely. While it looks more erratic than the stock market now, some people were hooked by that initial boost that they received.

Thanks to this powerful flash, the Hi 8 can now capture a shadow in the distance. The stills, however, are even more clear, revealing that the shadow is really the blur of a man.
-Mark Z. Danielewski - House of Leaves
03-09-2014, 09:54 AM
(03-08-2014 01:49 AM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Bit Coin is a great currency for people who don't understand fiscal policy, investing or basic economics. The fact that it crashes harder and more often than Zimbabwean money should say something.

Succinctly and excellently put.
03-14-2014, 02:00 AM
Personally, I'm not going to switch to any form of internet currency until I know that it's stable. It's like working with a program. Why use it if it doesn't work? Sure, the US and European economic systems aren't perfect. But if we're gonna compare apples to oranges, those economic systems are quite ripe (with some bruises), and bitcoin looks like a defective grape.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)