New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
05-10-2014, 09:24 AM (This post was last modified: 06-20-2014 02:57 AM by Cornstomper.)
Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
Why is there no thread on this?

I mean, I can't be the only one jizzing myself.
Thoughts, discussions, speculations, ahoy.

If there's no Mega Sableye then it's a no from me.
However, it's been confirmed that there will be.

[Image: 064oLU8.gif][Image: ZvCxvJM.gif]
Find this shit on YouTube: Exactly what it says on the tin (Cornstomper).
Check out my comedy band!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 12:32 PM
RE: Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
I WANT MY MEGA SWAMPERT AND ZANGOOSE! IF THEY DON'T HAVE EITHER, I'M NOT GETTING IT! pfft couldn't say that with a straight face

(05-10-2014 09:24 AM)Cornstomper Wrote:  I mean, I can't be the only one jizzing myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-10-2014, 05:55 PM
Footage in 5 minutes from now.
Get the Kleenex's and lubricant.

05-11-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm kinda doubting there will be any megas besides the ones that were already figured out due to hacking Pokemon X/Y's game files

Spoiler(Show)
Mega Latias/Latios

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
05-11-2014, 03:33 PM
I been cruisin' 4chan (Obviously a creditable source) and they keep harping on about this list of Pokemon names that were copyrighted a while back. Apparently,
Spoiler(Show)
save for a few Hoenn Pokemon and Jynx,
this list corresponds directly with Pokemon that recieved Mega Evolutions.

But you know, 4chan and all.

Also I watched Japanese people doing random shit for a whole hour and was a dissapointed by the lack of gameplay footage. I know it sounds bitchy, but when you promise gameplay footage, literally anything would be better than what they showed. A 3 second picture of the player in the overworld would've been fine.

05-11-2014, 07:49 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 08:25 PM by xtraveemon.)
I believe there is high possibility of more megas, Just the other two starters in my opinion.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/xtraveemon
Tumblr: http://xtraveemon.tumblr.com/
05-11-2014, 09:01 PM
I mean, the game has been hacked and there aren't any other megas besides the ones I already mentioned. And I highly doubt that they are going to patch in more megas for X and Y and I doubt they're gonna prevent battles between Ruby/Sapphire and X/Y. It's not impossible but I find it unlikely.

Guys, keep in mind that megas were not even an idea when Ruby/Sapphire first came out. It'd be reeeeally out of place to have them in the remakes.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"

05-11-2014, 09:43 PM
I imagine we'll only really see Megas in post-game with Gym Leader rematch teams and the like.

* Aquaman: The Unabridged Parody Series (ATUPS) Episode 1 is now out!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAwc-7aHf4
05-11-2014, 11:06 PM
RE: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
(05-11-2014 09:01 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  Guys, keep in mind that megas were not even an idea when Ruby/Sapphire first came out. It'd be reeeeally out of place to have them in the remakes.

Im not really sure I understand what you mean here, I havnt done the research, so if nintendo came out a while ago and said Megas are a one time thing I am totally none the wiser.

But back to my point, whats the point in doing a remake if you dont, youknow... remake the game. Pokemon is the number one authority one doing cool shit one time and then doubling it next time, it would be insane to think they wouldn't have more megas in each further adaptation.

Go see Age of Inside Out.
05-11-2014, 11:26 PM

05-11-2014, 11:28 PM
He was saying that since mega evolutions weren't in the original Ruby/Sapphire, it would be odd to include them in the story of the remake (ie talking about mega evolution of such pokemon as the starters or the game legendaries). He's not saying that megas were only for X/Y

As a counter argument, they could totally add more megas, you just won't be able to have them in your team if you try to battle someone using X/Y (similar to how Gen II played with Gen I). I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T add at least a couple new megas. Having only one of the starters (Torchic) being able to mega evolve creates a bit of an unbalance.

There is also the (unlikely) possibility that the hack that leaked mega latios/latias and the event legendaries was by the company themselves, meaning they could have hid additional megas coded into the X/Y games and keeping us from speculating by making us believe that "a full list" had been accessed by a hacker.

As far as I'm concerned, that's about as likely as there being no new megas at all. But that's just MY opinion Tongue

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
05-11-2014, 11:38 PM
(05-11-2014 11:28 PM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  As a counter argument, they could totally add more megas, you just won't be able to have them in your team if you try to battle someone using X/Y (similar to how Gen II played with Gen I). I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T add at least a couple new megas. Having only one of the starters (Torchic) being able to mega evolve creates a bit of an unbalance.

Yeah, how Gen 2 played with Gen 1. Notice that is cross-gen. This isn't cross-gen. This isn't how Nintendo rolls.

Keep in mind that megas are really new and they're not sure how much they want to emphasize them. On one hand, they're neat, but on the other hand you don't want people constantly obsessed with what the newest megas will be or anything. It's quite possibly a 1-time concept. In fact, I really hope it is a 1-time concept, because Game Freak has shown us that we only get them at the expense of new Pokemon designs. Seriously, less than 100 new Pokemon this gen if you don't count megas. Ugh.

(05-11-2014 11:28 PM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  There is also the (unlikely) possibility that the hack that leaked mega latios/latias and the event legendaries was by the company themselves, meaning they could have hid additional megas coded into the X/Y games and keeping us from speculating by making us believe that "a full list" had been accessed by a hacker.

Um. Considering the hacking software is available for people to access pretty easily now? I don't think so.

This is like saying "I don't know what's in the bag" "But you just opened it" "Nope I think I still don't know"

05-11-2014, 11:45 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 11:48 PM by AnimeLawyers.)
I wasn't aware that the software was available for public access.

Doesn't mean they won't have new megas in the game. There are ways to make it happen. The game was only announced a few days ago, so we hardly have anything to go by aside from new legendary art (which don't tell us much either).

As for the cost of new designs, this is a remake; This is the PERFECT place to put new megas because no one is expecting new pokemon designs (therefore the cost is nil).

Projects:
05-11-2014, 11:59 PM
I'd rather have another story expansion like with the Sevii Islands. Having recently played through Emerald again, I forgot how I loved the premise for the story and hated how quickly it went. Barely remember it but I loved the idea. So weird.

No megas please. No megas necessary.

05-12-2014, 12:07 AM
At the very least, Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert should be added just to make things even between the starters.

Cause as soon as you can trade, I'll be transferring a blazikenite from X/Y to OR/AS.

Projects:
05-12-2014, 02:48 AM
Even if it doesn't make sense I doubt Game Freak are going to drop the Megas. They're too much of a mechanic, even if lore-wise they're native to Kalos

And it wouldn't surprise me if they were patched into X and Y, since patches are actually a thing now.

Spoiler(Show)
Also Mega Groudon and Mega Kyogre are sort of confirmed. But not really. When they were shown on Get TV the Japanese people were saying stuff about Mega Evolution. Also, Game Freak said that there will be "never before seen Pokemon", which is the same as what they said in reference to Black/White Kyurem and Mega Mewtwo. But people have been harping on and speculating about "Alpha and Omega" evolutions which I could actually maybe see happening.

05-12-2014, 04:13 AM
Ill be entirely honest, I dont like the idea of mega-evolutions, it always just seemed dumb and too fan-fic'y for my taste. I loved seeing them though, I thought they looked really cool so its a weird feeling.

Its like eating an entire wedding cake, its awesome when you do it, but theres a deep shame afterwards

[+] 1 user Likes spritestuff's post
05-12-2014, 04:21 AM
I totally understand that sprite. Although I know you haven't played X or Y, so you probably won't see this side, but the reason I like them is because of they way they just go "Awwww shit's about to get real niggaz".

05-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Ill play X or Y after I beat Fire Emblem.
And its too weird for you to call me sprite. please dont.

I wasnt the biggest fan of emerald and its iterations, not for any reason mind you, but heart gold and soul silver are easily my favourite pokemon games, and if Nintendo can once again bring the thunder like it did for them, Ill enjoy Omega and Alpha no questions asked.

05-12-2014, 05:31 AM
(05-12-2014 04:27 AM)spritestuff Big Buddy Wrote:  And its too weird for you to call me sprite. please dont.

Yeah, it felt weird.

[+] 1 user Likes Cornstomper's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)