New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter/Updates (Read OP Before Posting!)
02-17-2011, 01:01 AM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 06:11 PM by Airrest.)
Star Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter/Updates (Read OP Before Posting!)
Hello peoples. This is the Abridged/Parody Talkback thread. This is a general discussion thread for all things abridging and parody related.

Just a few quick rules to keep things civil, tidy, and enjoyable for everyone.

The Rules:

* Please keep off-topic chatter to a minimum. There are subforums for that.

* Solicitations for help and/or advice on works in progress do NOT go here. There are subforums for that.

* If linking to a site or video containing PG-13+ / NSFW material, make sure to note this so that people know what they're clicking on.

* You are expected to treat the creators of fan parody with the same respect you'd show any other forum member, even if they are not active members here.

* New members: do not post here just to say "Hi, I'm new." There is a thread for that.

* Do NOT link your own videos/content. There are subforums for that. "Your own videos" means any content that you wrote, edited, and/or voiced a main role in. This rule is in place to prevent those who sign up just to spam their own stuff. If we don't let them do it, we can't let anyone do it. It's only fair. This rule only applies to this particular thread.

* In the same vein as the above rule, it is also not acceptable to try to derail conversation onto the topic of your own work when there is no precedence for it. For instance: "That video was pretty good." "Yeah, I liked the editing too." "My series is awesome." is not acceptable. This thread is not for shameful self-plugs of any kind.

* Do NOT argue for the sake of arguing. Don't let your words get out of hand, and don't take offense when someone says something negative. Yes... there are subforums for that.

* No non-content or non-abridging-related videos (e.g., Thesagascouncil rants, random updates, Let's Plays, AMVs). There are other boards for that. (P.S. Content such as abridger interviews and abridging-related podcasts are, of course, still allowed.)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2011, 11:27 PM
RE: Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter
Well, the biggest news right now is the video LK uploaded today in response to Chicknwings' "Another Dragon Ball Z Abridged" episode.

Any thoughts at all?

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
02-17-2011, 11:29 PM
(02-17-2011 11:27 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  Well, the biggest news right now is the video LK uploaded today in response to Chicknwings' "Another Dragon Ball Z Abridged" episode.

[video]

Any thoughts at all?

Needs better lipflaps.
02-17-2011, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-17-2011 11:43 PM by Airrest.)
(02-17-2011 11:27 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  Well, the biggest news right now is the video LK uploaded today in response to Chicknwings' "Another Dragon Ball Z Abridged" episode.

Any thoughts at all?

Eh. I've already stated my thoughts on BoD... so of course, this being a new forum, I must copypasta what I said there!

Airrest Wrote:I've never heard a real negative thing about Chicknwings outside of how LK portrays him (though I think he'd argue he's not actually portraying Chickn). I'm not best buddies with the guy, but we've met and we've chatted a little and I certainly haven't gotten any negative vibes. Chickn is, from what I've seen, a terrific guy and I don't know why LK feels like he has to keep going on with this. It's really hard to tell how serious he is. Regardless, the Turkeylegs things to me are just boring, useless, and mostly unfunny, though this video had a couple funny moments. This is the kind of thing that causes drama, which I hate to death. Maybe I'm causing drama by even paying attention to it and commenting on it. If that's the case, let's just treat it like any other video from any other abridger. It was alright, but nothing to write home about. Moving on...

Well, now that I've found out what I didn't know: that it was a parody of one of Chickn's previous episodes and that Chickn thought it was funny... well... that changes things a bit.

I guess my only real complaint now is that it does come off as spiteful for those of us that didn't know what was going on.
02-18-2011, 02:24 AM
Nyan Neko Sugar Girls. The greatest thing since sliced bread.

02-18-2011, 09:30 AM
Rainbow RE: Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter
THAT WAS FUCKING AMAZING!
02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
(02-18-2011 02:24 AM)Airrest Wrote:  Nyan Neko Sugar Girls. The greatest thing since sliced bread.

Nyan Neko Sugar Girls is better than when someone found out you can put butter on sliced bread!

[Image: Kirranquote.png]
[Image: zoLinX2.gif]
02-18-2011, 08:26 PM

Discuss.

I liked the part where Justin Bieber got shot. That was the best. Oh, and that joke with the song was funny too.
02-18-2011, 09:32 PM
You killed a guy. Weeeell, shit.
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 02-18-2011 11:30 PM by Airrest.)
Am I the only one who has an automatic quote at the top of this post when I hit reply? That's annoying.

Anyway, there's a place to put your videos to get critique on them. Please put your series in there, thanks.

Quote:Anyway, there's a place to put your videos to get critique on them. Please put your series in there, thanks.

Fix'd that for ya. Big Grin

- Airrest
02-18-2011, 11:34 PM
Please remember not to post your own videos in the Talkback thread. If you've got a new video you want critiqued, please post it in the Formal Critique thread or if you just want to share it, you can post it in the abridged series database. If you REALLY want it posted here, someone else must post it. This is really just a rule to prevent spammish videos or videos no one would want to watch, but in order for the rule to work, we have to all abide by it.
Also:

So great.
02-19-2011, 12:18 AM
(02-18-2011 11:34 PM)Airrest Wrote:  Please remember not to post your own videos in the Talkback thread. If you've got a new video you want critiqued, please post it in the Formal Critique thread or if you just want to share it, you can post it in the abridged series database. If you REALLY want it posted here, someone else must post it. This is really just a rule to prevent spammish videos or videos no one would want to watch, but in order for the rule to work, we have to all abide by it.

Didn't see the rule edits, my bad. ^^;
02-19-2011, 12:20 AM
(02-18-2011 11:34 PM)Airrest Wrote:  

So great.

Ha.
02-19-2011, 12:21 AM
(02-19-2011 12:18 AM)Rebbie Wrote:  
(02-18-2011 11:34 PM)Airrest Wrote:  Please remember not to post your own videos in the Talkback thread. If you've got a new video you want critiqued, please post it in the Formal Critique thread or if you just want to share it, you can post it in the abridged series database. If you REALLY want it posted here, someone else must post it. This is really just a rule to prevent spammish videos or videos no one would want to watch, but in order for the rule to work, we have to all abide by it.

Didn't see the rule edits, my bad. ^^;

It's all good, man. I'm just reminding people.
02-19-2011, 07:25 PM

I just don't know what to think... which is unusual for me with Sehanort's videos.
I mean, some things were pretty funny, but not much was laugh-out-loud. But then again, I've never really watched much of the Geass Twist parodies, so it's probably just not my thing (though I enjoy Geass).
02-20-2011, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2011 12:16 AM by Ezekieru.)
(02-18-2011 10:43 PM)Serenity Frost Wrote:  Am I the only one who has an automatic quote at the top of this post when I hit reply? That's annoying.

That's only if you press "Reply" under someone's post. If you just want to post, simply press the big "New Reply" button at the bottom. =P

Or use the Quick Reply thing below that, too!

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
02-22-2011, 10:47 AM

Team Four Star is BACK, baby. This episode is gold. LEAGUES better than 20. Laughs the whole way through. Very few spots that weren't funny.
02-22-2011, 12:09 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2011 12:23 PM by ThornBrain.)
I have to disagree. I barely laughed, if at all. TFS have trouble deciding when a joke should end or shouldn't even begin; cutting away to Nail hitting his head on the wall was a complete waste of time with even less of a payoff than if it just went to "So that's what that was". I find it really kills a joke if you forgo imagination just because you're a good editor. (Assuming that "So that's what that was" was supposed to be a punchline. Can't even tell anymore.)
Krillin's dead air, Goku's dead air... Really the episode just blew past me like a breeze. Even though Recoome and Burter are dead it feels like nothing happened.
02-23-2011, 01:57 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 01:57 AM by Airrest.)
(02-22-2011 12:09 PM)ThornBrain Wrote:  I have to disagree. I barely laughed, if at all. TFS have trouble deciding when a joke should end or shouldn't even begin; cutting away to Nail hitting his head on the wall was a complete waste of time with even less of a payoff than if it just went to "So that's what that was". I find it really kills a joke if you forgo imagination just because you're a good editor. (Assuming that "So that's what that was" was supposed to be a punchline. Can't even tell anymore.)
Krillin's dead air, Goku's dead air... Really the episode just blew past me like a breeze. Even though Recoome and Burter are dead it feels like nothing happened.

You are wrong therefore you are banned. Cool

Naw. I can sympathize with you on a few things, but in general, I don't have much to complain about this episode. I got plenty of good laughs. Sad
02-23-2011, 02:17 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2011 02:17 AM by ThornBrain.)
You know I'm really curious if there have been any recent abridging videos/series that are really hilarious. Most I've seen have been between mediocre and shit, or have just hovered around "good but not great, got maybe one proper laugh out of me". I really judge Abridged videos based on how much I laugh, and I would like to enjoy them more than I enjoy my older episodes after the 20th rewatch. :/

Seriously, let's get a list going. No pussyfooting here either; it has to be hysterical.

#1 - PurpleyesWTF
Who else?

PS: I'm jaded as hell. Can you tell?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)