New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 17 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter/Updates (Read OP Before Posting!)
03-07-2011, 05:11 PM
RE: Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter
I am definitely looking forward to the outcome of The Abridging Contest. I haven't been able to make myself sit down and watch anything other than entries from people I'm already subscribed to and my own entry. (Watching my own was hard enough. I'd hate to see anything worse.)

I am more curious to see what this panel of judges comes up with for the top 10 and honorable mentions. I don't honestly expect anything until April though, just because of the sheer number of entries and lack of free time on the part of the judges.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes MegamanXftw's post
03-07-2011, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2011 04:50 AM by Airrest.)
RE: Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter
03-10-2011, 07:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 07:10 PM by Airrest.)
RE: Abridged & Parody Talkback/Chatter/Updates

Personally, I enjoyed this.
03-11-2011, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 12:38 PM by Airrest.)

I am always so confused as to what the fuck is going on, but I always find a couple of things to like in Scourge's stuff. MAINLY THE PARTS WITH ME HURHURHURRR.

Edit: Oh yeah. And anything with Moonstone. I enjoy him speaking Japanese so much. Lawl.
03-11-2011, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 06:01 PM by Airrest.)
More fun updates.

I wasn't getting much from the first half, but man. The second half got me. I know these concepts aren't by any means new, but they work and I'm a sucker for them.

LINK TO THE AUCTION
03-12-2011, 01:59 PM
(03-11-2011 12:29 PM)Airrest Wrote:  

I am always so confused as to what the fuck is going on, but I always find a couple of things to like in Scourge's stuff. MAINLY THE PARTS WITH ME HURHURHURRR.

Edit: Oh yeah. And anything with Moonstone. I enjoy him speaking Japanese so much. Lawl.

I was a bit disappointed by this because I don't really think random cameos for the sake of random are very funny. Outside of that The jokes were good in a 'Scourge-level Meta' sense.

May the best of your todays, be the worst of your tomorrows
03-13-2011, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 08:14 AM by Serenity Frost.)
Okay, so Manatouge15, creator of Ouran the Vaguely Abridged series, one of the Ultra Maniac Abridged series, Sukisho Abridged, and eventually Gravitation Abridged has finally gotten her account permabanned. She's made a new account to host her shows on G15Manatou.

Manny ended up getting her last strike with Ultra Maniac Abridged, and she isn't the only one who got hit with the ban hammer. I think ScourgeMaster also had to make a new account.

Now a lot of abridgers are going to end up having these sorts of issues. Mostly due to copyright laws in the US being the way that they are. For information on how to contest a ban check out the information in the below video.

Be sure to go to the youtube part and look at the info in the description as well.
03-13-2011, 09:53 AM
Found this recently. Let me know what you guys think.

Find all posts by this user
03-13-2011, 12:35 PM
(03-13-2011 08:14 AM)Serenity Frost Wrote:  Okay, so Manatouge15, creator of Ouran the Vaguely Abridged series, one of the Ultra Maniac Abridged series, Sukisho Abridged, and eventually Gravitation Abridged has finally gotten her account permabanned. She's made a new account to host her shows on G15Manatou.

Manny ended up getting her last strike with Ultra Maniac Abridged, and she isn't the only one who got hit with the ban hammer. I think ScourgeMaster also had to make a new account.

Now a lot of abridgers are going to end up having these sorts of issues. Mostly due to copyright laws in the US being the way that they are. For information on how to contest a ban check out the information in the below video.

Be sure to go to the youtube part and look at the info in the description as well.

This is a lot of misinformation.

No, our videos are not illegal. They are legal. They are parodies. They are protected under the Fair Use Statute of the DMCA.

No, companies aren't going around and taking people's videos down. No, companies aren't programming bots to do it for them.

YouTube, for the sake of not getting sued, has had an anti-copyright-infringement bot on its website for years now. Companies can simply go to the bot's page, upload their content, tell the bot what to look for in the video titles/descriptions/tags (usually proper nouns that can be directly associated with their media, such as Ketchum for Pokemon), and then choose what the bot should do when it finds the videos. Most of the time, the retard companies choose for the videos to get taken down.

The bot can't tell the difference between a parody or an actual infringing video. Therefore, your videos will go down when/if they find you.

And, regarding Manitoug.... For some reason, she can't counter her stuff because she doesn't know what email address she linked to her Google account before it went down. Without that filled out on the counter notice form, she can't submit it.

As for Scourge.... idk why he isn't getting his own account back up. I've helped him with this a while ago (before I blocked him), so he should have the knowledge necessary to do it.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
03-13-2011, 01:08 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 01:18 PM by Serenity Frost.)
Ah! Thanks for clearing that up for me, OneKids! I'm glad one of us has a better understanding of copyright laws.

I don't really know Scourge so I was repeating my understanding of his situation from what info I got from Manny. (She mentioned a three strikes rule, but I suck at remembering conversations.) I just felt that this needed to be something mentioned as a lot of people in our field have the issue. I'm sorry that instead of being helpful I was spreading dirty filthy liiiiieees.

Also, thanks for quoting the post. I've been banned again (apparently I'm a rampant spammer as far as Akismet is concerned) so no one without mod status can see my posts right now. d: I've told Airrest and I've contacted the Akismet people to see if this can be sorted out. Apparently it's rare, but not impossible, for someone to get a false positive in their spam codes. When that happens you end up being banned everywhere Akismet is used. Since the only forums I comment on are this one and one for RockRobin (I'm on the writing team) this isn't an issue for me. It is, however, very annoying.
03-13-2011, 01:35 PM
I unbanned you. I can't see what post triggered it though.

03-13-2011, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 06:15 PM by Serenity Frost.)
Apparently it was the one that OneKids quoted. Thanks for the unban. OH EM GEE is your username sparkling? Well now I want a shiny (pokemon reference) username too. D: YOU ARE TEH ENVIES!

EDIT: GASP! NOW I IS ALSO TEH ENVIES!
03-13-2011, 05:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 05:24 PM by Ezekieru.)
Okay, seriously, main problem with Scourge's material is very evident in this episode. Exaggerating something in an anime that's already supposed to be funny, is not funny. Also, trying to explain your dumb editing tricks isn't funny either. It's just wasting time.

EDIT: Also, self-inserts and inserts of other abridged series/parodies are dumb. Do something original.

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
03-16-2011, 10:28 PM
Oh hey look! Someone other than Airrest is gonna post an update in this thread!

Wheee!

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-16-2011, 10:38 PM
Yay. I didn't have to update! Big Grin
03-16-2011, 11:45 PM
(03-16-2011 10:28 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Oh hey look! Someone other than Airrest is gonna post an update in this thread!

Wheee!

While they have been churning out vids a good bit, I don't know if that makes up for the fact that the past three episodes are...meh. I couldn't finish this one.

The voice acting is what wins me over or not. You can have shitty writing and shitty video to work with but if the voices are interesting AND the delivery is well done, I can enjoy it.

Just put a little more cheese into it and ham it up a bit, and I'll be more entertained than Paula Deen at the Butter Parade. Being told to tone it down is better than being told it's boring, in my opinion.
03-17-2011, 03:53 AM (This post was last modified: 03-17-2011 03:53 AM by 1KidsEntertainment.)
I've met Vegeta irl, and I've talked to Masako a few times. In general, they're nice people.

But, I'm sorry, I have to be honest: These last few episodes have felt 100% like them cashing in on T-Shirts. NTAS was dying, they wanted to cash in before it went completely under, so they made the T-Shirts, and have to justify it by making more episodes.

I hope/wish I'm wrong.

Though I'll add, even some of the nicest people ever can be douchey with money issues.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
[+] 1 user Likes 1KidsEntertainment's post
03-17-2011, 10:41 AM
I actually like the new NTAS. Imo it is the best episode they've made so far since returning from their hiatus and I'm hoping that the episodes will keep getting better has they return to the main plot.
03-17-2011, 08:10 PM
(03-16-2011 11:45 PM)MegamanXftw Wrote:  Just put a little more cheese into it and ham it up a bit, and I'll be more entertained than Paula Deen at the Butter Parade.

Lawl.

Also, I have to say, I've never really been a fan of NTAS. Masako is a cool dude. I've had the privilege of meeting a lot of cool dudes. But of course that doesn't mean I'll like everything they do. This is one of the few projects he's involved that I don't find funny in the least. Never have; probably never will.
03-18-2011, 03:26 PM

Buy the shirts.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)