New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile version
02-20-2015, 03:44 PM
Mobile version
The Mobile version of this site sucks ass.

It only has a new post memory of one, and the type box covers the post reply box, so it's incredibly difficult to reply to anything while on a phone.

This is a problem with both apple and android phones.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-20-2015, 08:07 PM
RE: Mobile version
Why not make an Abridged Forums App.

AngelThere's No Bigger Star Then An AngelStar.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2015, 08:21 PM
Because that'll require work, and I think most of us can be quite lazy.

02-20-2015, 08:39 PM
(02-20-2015 08:07 PM)Jacob AngelStar Wrote:  Why not make an Abridged Forums App.

I don't think nearly enough people use this site on mobile for that. Though yeah, mobile version sucks. No denying that.

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
02-23-2015, 11:33 PM
Also that most of us are film people/college students. The only one here I know of who regularly touches code is 1kids, and I don't even know if he's willing to make an AF app, let alone if he has the skills to.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
02-24-2015, 04:02 AM
Guys, apps are stupidly expensive and labor intensive to make relative to whatever return we'd get on them. I didn't even realize people used the site on mobile.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
02-24-2015, 04:07 AM
I visit the forum on my phone all the time and I've never had an issue - viewing as a mobile site and the full site.

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
02-24-2015, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-24-2015 04:38 AM by spritestuff.)
[Image: lbKijSz.png]
no one needs to make an app, just tweak with the myBB mobile version.

This kind of shit just needs to go.

Go see Age of Inside Out.
02-24-2015, 07:21 AM
The myBB theme could probably use an update. I believe most newer things are mobile friendly.

As for an app, would you guys actually pay for an AF app?

02-24-2015, 08:55 AM
I'd pay anything under five bucks for it.
02-24-2015, 12:50 PM
I'd pay a dollar, maybe 2. But then again, it'd be pretty much the only App I'd pay money for.

02-24-2015, 01:59 PM
(02-23-2015 11:33 PM)concrete Building Wrote:  Also that most of us are film people/college students. The only one here I know of who regularly touches code is 1kids, and I don't even know if he's willing to make an AF app, let alone if he has the skills to.

I have no idea how to make apps. My school is terribly inadequate and has only taught me some C++, so I can make some text appear on a black screen for you and that's about it. I wouldn't even be able to get it to run on a phone.

[Image: 6gvm2s.png]

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
02-24-2015, 02:21 PM
(02-24-2015 01:59 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  
(02-23-2015 11:33 PM)concrete Building Wrote:  Also that most of us are film people/college students. The only one here I know of who regularly touches code is 1kids, and I don't even know if he's willing to make an AF app, let alone if he has the skills to.

I have no idea how to make apps. My school is terribly inadequate and has only taught me some C++, so I can make some text appear on a black screen for you and that's about it. I wouldn't even be able to get it to run on a phone.

[Image: 6gvm2s.png]

That's brilliant. They taught you more than me, all they did for me, was tell me how to make a basic website.

02-24-2015, 05:24 PM
So I'm using the mobile site on my 3ds, and I'm entirely disappointed. I can't really see why you would use such a text heavy site, but hell, if the demand is there let's look into meeting it.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
02-24-2015, 07:04 PM
It is neither cost effective nor lucrative to develop an app just for AF. I could do it, but I like to use my free time to not do work, and mobile development is a pain.

Also, the wheel has already been invented. The there are third party plugins that are well tested and continuously maintained that would take the both the development and the ongoing maintenance that goes with app creation off our hands. A quick google search shows forumrunner and Tapatalk as popular items (~$2 for users ), however; we'd be doing more research before adding anything like that. A new mobile friendly layout might make it moot.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)