New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Something Epic This Way Comes (and other various GiantzWaltzy announcements)
07-19-2011, 10:37 AM
Something Epic This Way Comes (and other various GiantzWaltzy announcements)
I feel like this post should be prefaced with "We're not dead yet!" even though most of you probably have no idea who we actually are to realize we've not been about much of late. Anyway! With some technical difficulties overridden and about a bottle of whiskey into our resident Scotsman, I come to you with a few minor announcements towards things and such.

The first is related to the title of this post. It's a little idea that I've been gestating for a while that is slowly gaining shape and form. It's going to have a single season run and is a poke at the culture and craft of fan fiction and the phase that all young lady writers go through before they make their jump into legitimate writing. If you want an inside look at the pitch for this I'll provide a link to the google doc that I typed it onto during the wee hours of the morning.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bkbe...t?hl=en_US

The biggest reason I bring it up is because I'm going to need people who can perform. This isn't a formal casting call since it's still in the formative stages and we don't even know who all of the characters are yet. However, we will need a dynamic female lead who can voice two similar yet drastically different roles (that being the mary sue and her creator.) I do have a voice actress in mind for this if she isn't busy, and will likely approach her if response to this isn't that high, but I'd also like to hear some fresh talent as well.

I also would like someone who is familiar with fan fiction. I'm not an avid reader of it myself so when we take our jabs at it in the show I want them to be accurate ones.

Anyway, lady voices, just pm me if you're interested (or skype me if you already have my skype name) and I'll give you a good description of both the lead characters and what I'm wanting to do with them.

The second announcement is that in the fairly distant yet soon future you'll be seeing a brand spanking new review show from myself, Lordlmao, and Mr. Vorhias done in the traditional GiantzWaltz moving comic (slideshow) style. We've just finished recording for the first episode and editing is coming our way. By the way, if any editors out there with free time would like to help out let us know. I'll give you more details through a PM or skype IM.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2011, 10:48 AM
RE: Something Epic This Way Comes (and other various GiantzWaltzy announcements)
Cool stuff. Shouldn't this be in the auditions sections? Just wondering though.

[Image: petewave.gif]
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 07-19-2011 04:43 PM by Serenity Frost.)
RE: Something Epic This Way Comes (and other various GiantzWaltzy announcements)
(07-19-2011 10:48 AM)DrMircow Wrote:  Cool stuff. Shouldn't this be in the auditions sections? Just wondering though.

It's more a call to arms with other messages attached so I didn't put it in there. I see someone disagreed with me though and moved it. d:
07-19-2011, 06:25 PM
Seems more like a team/project casting and organization type thing.

(07-19-2011 10:37 AM)Serenity Frost Wrote:  The biggest reason I bring it up is because I'm going to need people who can perform.

(07-19-2011 10:37 AM)Serenity Frost Wrote:  [W]e will need a dynamic female lead who can voice two similar yet drastically different roles (that being the mary sue and her creator.)

(07-19-2011 10:37 AM)Serenity Frost Wrote:  I also would like someone who is familiar with fan fiction. I'm not an avid reader of it myself so when we take our jabs at it in the show I want them to be accurate ones.

Thus, the audition section!

07-24-2011, 03:56 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011 03:59 PM by Serenity Frost.)
[Image: wellplayed.png] I see.

[Image: wellplayed2.png] Well played, madam.
07-24-2011, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 07-24-2011 07:32 PM by codeblackhayate.)
Awesome Face

[Image: wellplayed2.png] Needs to be in our smiles. I would actually use it!

07-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Have at, yo. Made it myself so no worries with angry copyrighters.
07-25-2011, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 07-25-2011 04:21 PM by codeblackhayate.)
Airrest does that ish. If it were me the emoticons would all be super happy and fully of sparkles instead of retarded looking.

07-26-2011, 12:24 PM
I would use those out of irony. Because I'm an uncreative hack that way. d:

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)