New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 4.33 Average
An Idiot-Proof Guide to Youtube Dispute/Counter Claiming
09-04-2015, 12:37 PM
RE: An Idiot-Proof Guide to Youtube Dispute/Counter Claiming
Well, it seems like I was just struck with my very first copyright claim.
Showing up as "Manually detected" by Toei animation themselves.

Because they hit all three episodes at the same time, I am quite scared of submitting the counter claim. I mean, they make it sound extremely scary, and I cannot afford to get sued.

Am I just scared for nothing? Should I still submit the counter-claim on the three episodes?
I'd appreciate some input...

Find me on Twitter
Find me on Youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2015, 03:56 PM
(09-04-2015 12:37 PM)N0sSyndrome Wrote:  Well, it seems like I was just struck with my very first copyright claim.
Showing up as "Manually detected" by Toei animation themselves.

Because they hit all three episodes at the same time, I am quite scared of submitting the counter claim. I mean, they make it sound extremely scary, and I cannot afford to get sued.

Am I just scared for nothing? Should I still submit the counter-claim on the three episodes?
I'd appreciate some input...

I understand the apprehension, but most of the scary talk is legal bluster. They don't really have any incentive to hound you if you counter claim, and the worst they will do if they go that far is give you a cease and desist order, which is just them legally formally telling you not to parody whatever show you're parodying.

I had a conversation with Grimjack last year when he was afraid of this, and from what I can tell he's still making his shit and rockin' along, so I doubt any harm will befall you.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
10-22-2015, 08:32 AM
Hey I'm uploading the second episode of my parody series, and it's going to have no speed ups and I'm gonna try and dispute the claim saying it's a parody and I'm not going to monetize it. Will that work?

http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread...6#pid35296

This is my first episode, where I sped up the video. Am i eligible for a dispute?
10-22-2015, 12:44 PM
Your case is a little bit different than most since your only real contribution to the video is the subtitles. Which would make your situation closer in nature to a fansub than a parody. Still, I figure this is pretty much still parody, so you could give it a try.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)