New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#GamerGate
03-08-2015, 09:35 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 11:24 AM by Truthordeal.)
#GamerGate
Note: For those unfamiliar with Gamergate Please Click Here

So the whole GamerGate debacle has gone from a few corrupt game devs + reporters vs. a few /v/ to The whole of the leftist media (figuring about 80%) vs. GamerGays. As a result we have a few big narratives going around:

1. GamerGaters are a bunch of angry whiny misogynists that want to harass women (eg. Zoe Quinn, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu) out of the gaming industry. And they won't allow video games to be criticized.

2. The $80 billion dollar industry is corrupt as fuck. The journos have an incestuous relationships with devs and are ignoring experiences of women that are ACTUALLY creating these games and focusing on these three women who pull the "I'm being sent death and rape threats" and "Muhsoggyknees" to deflect criticism instead.

I know faullero has already chosen a side. (Though he says that he's neutral I suppose he just wants to stay out of it, can't blame him)
So I was wondering what your stance was. And why so?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2015, 11:10 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 11:15 AM by Copley.)
RE: GamerGays
My opinion:

In all seriousness, please no. Don't open this can of worms, particularly since you titled it "GamerGays". This topic has been discussed and discussed and it's nothing but shit slinging (as illustrated by your thread title). I still barely know what GamerGate is about, but I know I'm fucking sick of it. Yes, misogyny in the gaming industry (and entertainment in general) is a problem, so let's focus on that exclusively without this mess of a subject.

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2015, 11:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2015 11:30 AM by Truthordeal.)
RE: #GamerGate
We're pretty much anti-censorship here, so you guys are allowed to discuss whatever you like in this subforum, even especially something that's got a lot of heat behind it like GamerGate. Just remember to do so with civility, and given the nature of this issue I'll remind everyone that any posting of personal info or any attempt to "raid' someone is absolutely verboten.

Now to prove I'm a hypocrite regarding censorship, I edited the title of this thread because it was misleading (when this was linked to me I thought it was about homosexuality in the gaming community) and also a bit immature.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-08-2015, 02:07 PM
I can't say I really give much of a crap about GamerGate anymore, I mean, the whole ethics in game journalism is great and all is fine, but really? If I want a review of a game I'll go to Total Biscuit or i'll watch a streamer play it and I'll make my own discision on it. Game Journalism as a whole because of youtubers is a dying industry thank god.

However I dont' agree with the whole doxxing of people like Anita Sarkessian and Brianna Wu and Zoe Quinn, only because, while I don't agree with their stance, they're still people and shouldn't be harrassed just because people don't agree with them.

Now there's proof that the above mentioned man and women, have gone out of their way to make troll accounts just to troll themselves and garner support (Especially Brianna Wu) because in the wake of all the "Vile hate spew" shot their way, a shit done of patreon money gets dumped into their account and they can eat for another month.

Which really, its the only way for Wu to live, he claims that he's one of the most well known Game developers (Even though I'd never heard of him until he trolled himself when gamergate started) and if you've seen his game, you'd know why he'd have to find some sort of support structure because that game is a nightmare. (Revolution 60, look it up)

In short, the way I see it, if everyone just ignored these people and let them dig their own graves to sleep in, they'll eventually fade. into obscurity.

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
03-08-2015, 11:05 PM
(03-08-2015 11:10 AM)Copley Wrote:  Yes, misogyny in the gaming industry (and entertainment in general) is a problem, so let's focus on that exclusively without this mess of a subject.

The gaming industry is probably the last place you want to go around looking for misogyny. No female game developers (who're actually good at their jobs and have made games that actually collect profit have experienced sexism or harassment simply because they were women. In fact devs from AAA companies have come up and busted that narrative as myths.

(03-08-2015 11:30 AM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Now to prove I'm a hypocrite regarding censorship, I edited the title of this thread because it was misleading (when this was linked to me I thought it was about homosexuality in the gaming community) and also a bit immature.

How could you censor such a clickbait topic like that!

(03-08-2015 02:07 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  However I dont' agree with the whole doxxing of people like Anita Sarkessian and Brianna Wu and Zoe Quinn, only because, while I don't agree with their stance, they're still people and shouldn't be harrassed just because people don't agree with them.

Now there's proof that the above mentioned man and women, have gone out of their way to make troll accounts just to troll themselves and garner support (Especially Brianna Wu) because in the wake of all the "Vile hate spew" shot their way, a shit done of patreon money gets dumped into their account and they can eat for another month.

Which really, its the only way for Wu to live, he claims that he's one of the most well known Game developers (Even though I'd never heard of him until he trolled himself when gamergate started) and if you've seen his game, you'd know why he'd have to find some sort of support structure because that game is a nightmare. (Revolution 60, look it up)

In short, the way I see it, if everyone just ignored these people and let them dig their own graves to sleep in, they'll eventually fade. into obscurity.

Feminist Frequency got popular because of the feminist Agenda and Anita Sarkeesian's victim status. She gets majority of attention from other Progressive Social Justice Warriors.

The whole saga has actually opened my eyes to how the media works. Especially the large LARGE media (that includes news companies like CNN, CBC ABC-Australia and ABC-america even did a whole Nightline piece) that blatantly decided to give Gamergate a horribly one-sided coverage. I mean I always knew that the media had a left-wing bias but I didn't know it was THAT fucking bad.

Kinda nice having a moment of epiphany but then you come to realize how fucked up the world is becoming. Sorta like a pseudo-communist haven.
03-09-2015, 12:39 AM
This is my opinion on Gamergate.

Write about what interests you.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)