New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boh Reviews Your Stuff.
03-25-2015, 12:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 04:54 PM by Bohbear.)
Boh Reviews Your Stuff.
Saltmine simulator 2k15

So here's the deal, I'm bored and I want to review your stuff, I'm not going to go super in depth on how I'm gonna do it, but each video posted here is going to get alittle blurb on a few key categories -

Writing
Editing
Acting
Sound Work

Then i'll give it some gratuitous rank and hope that it made your day.

Just a few things to keep in mind.

If it sucks, I'm gonna tell you it sucks. Don't get mad cause you thought your parody was "da bomb diggity." because your mom thought you saying fuck was funny.

If you disagree with any of my views please feel free to PM me or Skype me so we don't clog up the forum with more drama.
Alright cool, let's go.

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2015, 08:51 AM
RE: Boh Reviews Your Stuff.

Have at it.

And I always get the shemp.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2015, 10:30 AM

here exclusive 4 u only 2 review thnks !

EARL of BASSINGTON
Vidyas and Other Nonsense

HA x HA #4 (Hunter x Hunter Parody Series)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vOUsaA_kM
2015 Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFznIGTSEU
03-25-2015, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2015 01:36 PM by Bohbear.)
(03-25-2015 08:51 AM)AwesomeChroniclesUK Wrote:  

Boh Bear Review's: TAC Deathnote: TAS - Ep 12
"IT'S TAZZ!"

Reviewers notes: just so readers are aware, this is my first time watching TAC Deathnote: TAS, so anything I write about this episode does not take into account what may or may not have happenend in the last 11 episodes.

Whenever anyone puts TAS in their title, I always wonder... why are you giving credit to that douchebag announcer from WWE?

[Image: tazz-15.jpg]

That's not funny, but that was my first thought when I started watching this because I really did not want to think about the disclaimer at the beginning, disclaimers are the worst and don't do anything, trust me on this. Nobody gives a flying fuck about copyright laws on youtube. So I had to think about Bald Guy Fieri to block it out.

Which means I missed the entire opening scene and had to rewatch it, so when I clicked back on the timeline I accidently went halfway back into the disclaimer and then not only did I think about Bald Guy Fieri, but I also thought about Real Guy Fieri, and they were getting real close to each other, so basically, I gave up on trying to watch the video and instead decided to right a WWExDiners Drive-Ins and Dives fan-fiction... Tazz and Guy Fieri are my OTP.

Then I realized that's dumb and I watched the video instead.

I hope you realize the opening two paragraphs to this review were in response to how dumb disclaimers are.

Now, onto the video... what's with the voice acting? I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean that in a "It's all over the quality spectrum" here, there's a few people in here with really great acting chops and microphone quality and then there's some where it just sounds like they literally phoned it in. I'm assuming you're the director on this and whenever someone phones it in you should be making them do it again. I know it's super popular in this hobby to just send someone a script and say "Here are your lines, please send them to me on this date, do five takes, etc etc" - which is basically the voice acting equivalent of an arm chair director.

DO YOU WANNA BE GEORGE LUCAS?

Wait, yeah you probably would actually...

Anyway, you should be making quality time with your actors to direct them as best as possible, this way not only do you get the best takes out of them, but you can also cut down on the amount of re-dos you'll have to do. It's alot better to HEAR the person doing the line than ask them if they can do it, find out they can't, and then all of a sudden its 2am you need an actor/actress because the one you asked did it but it was terrible and you can't just recast now... It's the worst.

Directing over skype, google hangout, chaturbate or whatever also has its disadvantages, like always being awake when everyone else is asleep or at work or whatever, so its just a matter of finding the best time to do it.

Editing wise you're not terrible, though let's go over some things you should fix for future episodes -

Lipflaps - For the love of god, I know this is anime and they do it in the actual show and in the dub and whatever, but this is a big pet peeve of mine... if the characters mouth is not moving THEY SHOULDN'T BE TALKIN'. I can understand if its off screen, that's forgivable, but otherwise fix it.

Also tighten up the lipflaps as well, there were a few instances of "Starfox-ing" going on and me looking at this critically, all I could focus on was the face.

Aside from that, there were a few times where you could've done a couple of visual edits just for the laughs, but that's only my opinnion and if you don't want to do the extra work involved I understand that, it can be more of a pain in the ass.

Writing wise... I have to say I didn't really laugh... maybe its just cause its not my humor, or it just wasn't funny. I don't know what else I can say here, humor is subjective in most regards and not really something someone can change on the fly, otherwise it looks really awkward and you can tell its not their style.

I will say this, the video could've been a solid 8 minutes really, I feel like there were a few scenes that went on way too long without there being any attempt at a joke or something funny going on.

and no "WAIT WHAT?" and "DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES" are not jokes and or punchlines.

What I would work on is cutting down on long ass scenes and really work out in the scripting process what you really need and what you don't need, if a scene is more than 2 minutes without something happening there's a problem.

Sound wise refer yourself up the voice acting, I couldn't really hear most of it cause the volume of the voices were all over the place, and no that's definitely not just me.

All in all, if this is episode 12, I'm afraid to go back and watch the earlier ones, especially if they are all 10 minutes long, if I weren't reviewing this I probably would've tapped out at 2 minutes in.

and because of this I award you the rank of "George Lucas During the Prequels"

God helps us all.

(03-25-2015 10:30 AM)Earl of Bassington Wrote:  

Boh Bear Review's: Black Butler: Book of Bukkake
"In Nagasake, they like Bukkake"

Note: I've never seen Black Butler.

In this 4 minute really abridged parody of Black Butler, there's a 45 second intro, one minute and a half into the video.

So really, the 4 minute really abridged parody was really 3 minutes 15 seconds really abridged parody with 45 seconds of bullshit with Baby Metal as the background tacked on for no goddamn reason.

I hate you Earl, but goddamnit I respect you.

For some reason, this was quite enjoyable, I don't know what Bukkake has to do with any of it, but OK.

The Editing was really tight. I mean that's all I can say really, it was spot on.

Voice Wise this is much better than your Full Metal Alchemist thing, Coffin Jockey did a pretty good jorb as Sebastian, and if I didn't know any better I'd feel like the entire Black-Out scene skips were done in one take.

Sound wise the only thing I would've added is either some ambience or some background music in some places, there's just something unsettling about the silence of it all.

and you had me, you had me all hook line and sinker until the fucking "LOL RANDUM MEME FEST TITUS LAUGHS" at the end.

and for that I award you the rank of "Middle of the Bukkake Orgy"

God help us all.

[+] 2 users Like Bohbear's post
03-25-2015, 02:19 PM
(03-25-2015 01:20 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  and for that I award you the rank of "Middle of the Bukkake Orgy"

God help us all.

yey

EARL of BASSINGTON
Vidyas and Other Nonsense

HA x HA #4 (Hunter x Hunter Parody Series)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vOUsaA_kM
2015 Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFznIGTSEU
03-26-2015, 11:51 AM
(03-25-2015 01:20 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  And for that I award you the rank of "Middle of the Bukkake Orgy"

God help us all.

Thank you, O mighty Face of Boh
[+] 1 user Likes Coffinjockey's post
03-29-2015, 02:36 AM
(03-26-2015 11:51 AM)Coffinjockey Wrote:  
(03-25-2015 01:20 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  And for that I award you the rank of "Middle of the Bukkake Orgy"

God help us all.

Thank you, O mighty Face of Boh

Hey! I actually get that reference!

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
[+] 1 user Likes TheHawk's post
04-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Boh knows reviews?

Cewl.

Heart ~ I'LL PLAY MYSELF OUT ~ Heart
[Image: Xul_Se.gif]

Editor, Writer, VA
Darker than Black - Hyperabridged
My VA Channel (Sokka Shorts/RANGER DOOWOP)
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM
(04-23-2015 11:25 AM)eagle8burger Wrote:  

Boh Bear Reviews: Amagi Brillaint Shorts #2: Parks and Rekt
"I'M GOOD AT YELLING TOO!"

I'm gonna review this video backwards... because let me tell you something, as an eccentric millionaire I like to eat my specially flown in from Portland Oregon, gluten free, strawberry banana split sundae FIRST.

That speech - Oh man Eagle, that speech was gold, almost so golden I feel like it might have been stolen from something.

Nope... Anyway, that was probably the best part of this whole thing. You could've just shown that and I would've gotten the same enjoyment out of the short.

But with that being said, let's go back now, on the whole the voice acting was pretty good, you managed to actually separate the fact that crazy hysterical yelling is not comedy unless its backed up by something and its also not stupid constant like most people think it is.

remember kids "Yelling is not comedy."
[Image: 6603dc5a9292104b44c349b85b5aaf7a-5-crazy...-sense.jpg]

No, when it came to main character/famed child actor who's name escapes me, you managed to have a couple of anchors to keep him grounded somewhat in the short and and do the deadpan delivery so the whole thing didn't overflow with crazy hysterics.

Good work, Burger.

Editing was good, for what little bit there was it was solid. for a 2 minute short I can't really say much else - Oh, I'll say this, shorts don't need intros... its just filler, and its silly, why do you need an intro for your 2 minute short... stop that... or don't, you don't have to listen to me.

I think I already covered writing when I went over the speech and voice acting, keep that shit up, Burgs, cause that shit is funny.

All in all Amagi Brilliant Shorts got me hooked, I think I'm already subscribed to you so I look forward to seeing more.

and for that I award you the rank of "Guy who wears Donald Duck costume on a hot summer Sunday after the guy who tends to fart uncontrollably when children are around."

God Help us all.

[+] 3 users Like Bohbear's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)