New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premiere Projects
06-27-2015, 03:58 PM
Premiere Projects
Using premiere for the first time I managed to upchuck these videos out of my brian. More projects like this to get the hang of premiere will be posted on here soon. Since they aren't abridged series I put em here. Feedback is welcomed and encouraged. I spelled brain wrong.

My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6dgZgo...ibTvLcmiVg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2015, 04:53 PM
RE: Premiere Projects
What exactly are you asking people to focus on in these two projects that they wouldn't in an abridged thread?

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
06-27-2015, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 06-27-2015 09:44 PM by zombieload.)
(06-27-2015 04:53 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  What exactly are you asking people to focus on in these two projects that they wouldn't in an abridged thread?

The only difference would be they aren't abridged series for the abridged thread. I guess I read too much into the "Promote your abridged series or parody series here". So I put it here to make sure I wasn't violating policy cuz I see how y'all be on people.

(06-27-2015 04:53 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  What exactly are you asking people to focus on in these two projects that they wouldn't in an abridged thread?

I didn't think this would be allowed in that abridged thread

06-27-2015, 09:56 PM
You can put your own abridged stuff in the database. I just figured that you wanted us to criticize/give feedback on something specific about these videos.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
06-27-2015, 10:54 PM
(06-27-2015 09:56 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  You can put your own abridged stuff in the database. I just figured that you wanted us to criticize/give feedback on something specific about these videos.

You can if you want. I don't have no problem with it. It's always welcomed if you do wanna get specific with your critique. Go for it yo.

06-28-2015, 12:55 AM
the kill la kill one was pretty good. you got the basics of lip-flaps down, which is easier to do in premiere than other editors. the black lagoon one was riddled with image problems though. any lip-flap that was presented, the video's image moved all over as opposed to staying still. you need to keep that in mind while editing.

My Youtube
My DailyMotion
06-28-2015, 01:19 AM
(06-28-2015 12:55 AM)NintensityCrowds Wrote:  the kill la kill one was pretty good. you got the basics of lip-flaps down, which is easier to do in premiere than other editors. the black lagoon one was riddled with image problems though. any lip-flap that was presented, the video's image moved all over as opposed to staying still. you need to keep that in mind while editing.

TRUUUUU

06-28-2015, 01:19 PM
Get hip to masking, son.

When it comes to editing parodies, there will be times where the background is animated instead of a single shot or even the camera is panning from one side to the other while the character is talking. Because of that, it is pretty crucial to take your time to mask the mouth flaps, avoiding them choppy "back-and-forth" moving shots.

If you haven't seen it, TFS probably made the most easy to follow tutorial on masking:

06-28-2015, 04:42 PM
(06-28-2015 01:19 PM)CrasherSurge Wrote:  Get hip to masking, son.

When it comes to editing parodies, there will be times where the background is animated instead of a single shot or even the camera is panning from one side to the other while the character is talking. Because of that, it is pretty crucial to take your time to mask the mouth flaps, avoiding them choppy "back-and-forth" moving shots.

If you haven't seen it, TFS probably made the most easy to follow tutorial on masking:

I feel you on that one Surg-E-O (Basketball player's name) but I can't find that garbage matte on this CC version i'm using. So I had to revert to masking with my Galaxy.

06-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Ouch.

Google is your friend. And if you have any Premiere using friends, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.
06-29-2015, 11:03 AM
(06-28-2015 10:48 PM)CrasherSurge Wrote:  Ouch.

Google is your friend. And if you have any Premiere using friends, it wouldn't hurt to ask them.

So far im the premiere user out of my folks. But why not learn from the abridger homies like yourself? Or do you not use premiere?

06-29-2015, 03:10 PM
CC's garbage matte tool should be under Video Effects -> Keying -> Four Point Garbage Matte. There's also Eight and Sixteen point versions of that effect there, too.

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
06-29-2015, 05:38 PM
(06-29-2015 03:10 PM)Ezekieru Wrote:  CC's garbage matte tool should be under Video Effects -> Keying -> Four Point Garbage Matte. There's also Eight and Sixteen point versions of that effect there, too.

Mines must have jiped me cuz I don't have that 4 or 8 point G matte
[Image: premiere cc.jpg]
how do I make this pic visible?

06-29-2015, 08:43 PM
Gotta use an uploading site, Imgur or something. Also which version of premiere are you using? Effects are stored different from 5.5 to 6 to CC, so they may be in different tabs n' whatnot.

EARL of BASSINGTON
Vidyas and Other Nonsense

HA x HA #4 (Hunter x Hunter Parody Series)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vOUsaA_kM
2015 Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFznIGTSEU
06-30-2015, 12:39 AM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 12:39 AM by Ezekieru.)
OKAY, SO THIS IS A THING.

Premiere Pro CC 2015 no longer has the garbage matte effect.

INSTEAD, WE HAVE FULL-ON MASKING ABILITIES ON CC.

Basically, go to the clip you want to mask, go to the Opacity part of its' effects (Effect Controls -> Opacity) and click on the Pen tool at the top. Click around the area you want visible, and it'll treat it like a mask. You can make as many points as you want and adjust the curving of the line and the feathering in the controls.

Just gotta say, this is the first time I'm happy to find out Adobe removed a feature. 'Cause it got replaced with an infinitely more useful feature instead.

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ezekieru's post
06-30-2015, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2015 06:12 PM by zombieload.)
(06-29-2015 08:43 PM)Earl of Bassington Wrote:  Gotta use an uploading site, Imgur or something. Also which version of premiere are you using? Effects are stored different from 5.5 to 6 to CC, so they may be in different tabs n' whatnot.

Im using cc for now

(06-30-2015 12:39 AM)Ezekieru Wrote:  OKAY, SO THIS IS A THING.

Premiere Pro CC 2015 no longer has the garbage matte effect.

INSTEAD, WE HAVE FULL-ON MASKING ABILITIES ON CC.

Basically, go to the clip you want to mask, go to the Opacity part of its' effects (Effect Controls -> Opacity) and click on the Pen tool at the top. Click around the area you want visible, and it'll treat it like a mask. You can make as many points as you want and adjust the curving of the line and the feathering in the controls.

Just gotta say, this is the first time I'm happy to find out Adobe removed a feature. 'Cause it got replaced with an infinitely more useful feature instead.

It's a shame I only got CC for about another week or so. Thanks a lot though'Ezekieru'.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)