New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OPEN] Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch voice acting and editing! :D
07-25-2015, 12:51 PM
Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch voice acting and editing! :D
Hello!

My name is Macey (or May for short) and I'm looking for voice actresses and editors for a fandub of Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch's songs.

Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch is an anime show aired on japan between the years 2003-2005, second season under the name 'Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch Pure', and was dubbed on many countries, but the english dub was cancelled.

The deadline was just settled between me and the rest of the people who decided to start this thing, and the date is December 1th, 2015.

I want to voice over!

well, if you want to voice over, you need to email me (email address: mayinfinityxx@gmail.com) in order to get the lyrics and karaoke version. you can also send me another song of your choice, I want to let you know that for this project, we need 8 voice actresses (FEMALES ONLY), so make sure you have a way to record.

I want to edit this project!

since I'm really dumb with any programs or apps, I MIGHT need someone that'll help me with this thing, and maybe make them sound more anime-ish. as I said, I MIGHT need an editor, so I need you to send me just a sample of what you're doing.

any stuff I need to know?

if you're trying to be accepted as an editor, not much, but my email (I wrote it before but I'm writing again): mayinfinityxx@gmail.com

if you're trying to be a voice actress, you need to know these few stuff:

1. we do not own a studio, so you'll have to record it from somewhere. I know it's a bit demanding, and frusturating, but we're not rich at all and I don't live in the US, so I think you'll have to find a way to record by yourself, but make it sound good. for the audition, I don't need it to sound like a studio, I only need to hear your voice clearly.

2. we may not be able to clean any background noises.

there's nothing else so far, but I might edit this in the future!

if you have any questions, let me know (here I am, writing my email again): mayinfinityxx@gmail.com

we're maybe not the owners of a fancy studio for fandubbing, but we are and of course we will put effort in it. we expect you to be serious. we love this anime so much, we're ready to put all of our effort in it! Smile

-Team Mermaid Melody
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Mermaid Melody Pichi Pichi Pitch voice acting and editing! :D
This is a joke right?

Go see Age of Inside Out.
07-26-2015, 03:28 AM
How so?
07-26-2015, 11:34 AM (This post was last modified: 07-26-2015 11:37 AM by AnimeLawyers.)
To explain Spritestuff's comment, Mermaid Melody fandubs are notorious, to say the least

This one is particularly demanding for something that doesn't pay.

Also, there are very few females even on this forum so trying to get eight voice actresses would be pretty damn hard.

(07-25-2015 12:51 PM)MermaidMelodyTeam Wrote:  1. we do not own a studio, so you'll have to record it from somewhere. I know it's a bit demanding, and frusturating, but we're not rich at all and I don't live in the US, so I think you'll have to find a way to record by yourself, but make it sound good. for the audition, I don't need it to sound like a studio, I only need to hear your voice clearly.

2. we may not be able to clean any background noises.

Regarding point one, it's pretty obvious that the group wouldn't record together. Recording in a group is something that never happens for these types of projects. Basically, saying "you'll need to record on your own" is like saying "you need your own microphone" which kinda says a lot about how new you are to this.

Regarding point two, you later say that your group is serious about this project and will put the effort in, but background noise removal? Nah, there's a 50/50 chance that won't even be done by you. In all honesty, that shouldn't be hard to do at all, especially if you're planning to "put effort in" the project.

Overall, it doesn't sound like this project is gonna go anywhere because it's been done before (countless times to the point where its boring), it SOUNDS demanding for a fandub, it SOUNDS like you don't actually know what you're doing, and most importantly there are not enough females here to meet your demands of 8 voice actresses.

If you want my advice, I believe that Voice Actor's Alliance will have a stronger pool of voice actors who are (1) female, and (2) more serious about voice acting such that their quality will be better. If you do post there, I suggest cleaning up your audition pitch to be more realistic and not come off so new-ish otherwise people will just gloss over the thread like Spritestuff did (you gave him every reason to, btw). Finally, make sure your thread follows the forum's guidelines for auditions at VAA, cause I just realized you didn't follow them for this forum and usually that means you'll have to revise it when one of the mods find out and that can be a pain and/or embarassing.

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
[+] 1 user Likes AnimeLawyers's post
07-26-2015, 02:01 PM
I was just trying to follow the forum rules, but whatever, I accept your stand, the guy before you could have said it in a nicer way. Smile
07-26-2015, 11:40 PM
When he said Mermaid Melody is notorious, he should have said that it's literally a punchline.
but for someone who wants to do a "serious" project, you appeared to have done almost no research for it.

luckily the forums have a plethora of threads dedicated to helping people make good content.

LipFlaps
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=2244

Adobe
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=456

Recording
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=27

Scouting
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=46

Casting
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=2314

Directing
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=2318

Audio Engineering
http://www.abridgedforums.com/showthread.php?tid=2274

Go see Age of Inside Out.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)