New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[OPEN] Fate/Zero Abridged: Voice Actors Needed
10-23-2017, 04:55 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2017 09:19 PM by Team Narwhal.)
Fate/Zero Abridged: Voice Actors Needed
Hi, everyone! I'm Murphy, and I'm in the process of putting together a Fate/Zero Abridged adaptation. Around half of the scripts are drafted, thus far, and most of the roles are (provisionally) cast, but there are two major roles and around three minor roles that still need casting.

Project Information:
So, what we're gunning for with this Abridged series is something tonally in the vein of Sword Art Online Abridged -- that is to say, broadly comedic, but with an ability to switch to a more dramatic style, and to use humour to enhance dramatic moments. Each episode is usually abridging two episodes of the source material (sometimes a little less).

Currently, scripts are written up to episode seven (abridging up to episode thirteen of the source material), with a second edit+annotations due on them to get them up to scratch. Most roles are provisionally cast, but there are several major roles and a bunch of minor roles that still need filling.

We're hoping (although that may change) to have a fairly quick turnover and release schedule for these: The plan right now is to record these seven episodes and start work on the remaining six before starting to release anything, and to release on a monthly or (if we're being blue-sky-thinker ultra-optimists here) fortnightly schedule.

Audition Deadline:
  • Auditions are due by 2017/11/12 (that's 12th November) 23:59PM

Recording and Contact Information
  • Record using Stereo, 44100Hz mp3.
  • Save files as fz-charactername-username-audition.
  • Finished auditions can be sent via e-mail to team.narwhal.abridgers@gmail.com
  • If possible, it'd help if you could include some quick information about who you are, what other voice-acting experience you have if any (you don't need to attach a resume or anything, just a quick run-down), and how much free time you have available to record.

Production Expectations
Ideally, we're looking for quick, quality work, but rather than be draconian about it, we're hoping to be fairly flexible, at least.
  • We'll go episode by episode, usually, and give VAs between two and three weeks to record lines, depending on the length of the episode.
  • While it's not required to schedule time for line-directing -- I'm happy to send instructions over and just poke you if anything needs re-recording -- if anybody feels like they'd prefer to have me talking to them over discord and directing them, that can be arranged.
  • Release schedule will be determined once production on the first seven episodes is underway, but we're aiming for at least a monthly release.
  • Team members will be able to view and send comments/suggestions before release to the general audience, I think that's just fair in order to catch and fix any problems.

Open Roles

Kirei Kotomine
  • Voice Type: Deep, relaxed, quite nonchalant. An ability to switch between rather calm and cheerful sounding, and a tone with more gravitas, while retaining a generally 'villainous' quality would certainly help.
  • Notes and Important Information:
    Of all the characters on this audition list, Kirei has by far the most lines, appearing in every episode written thus far, and thus represents the biggest commitment by a significant margin. We're hoping for a relatively quick turnaround for episodes, so an ability to carve out time to record and send over lines is a must.

Audition lines:
  • Line 1: "Rin, my child, if the church had a problem with magic, we would've drawn the line at the wine-transmuting zombie who walked on water. Clearly we did not do this."
  • Line 2: "A hitman, you say? I don't suppose he takes jobs to take out distinguished, wealthy fire mages in red jackets, does he. Maybe also their wives and daughters."
  • Line 3: "Give it time, child, Rome wasn't built in a day."

Maiya Hisau.
  • Voice Type: Very deadpan. Voice can be deep or high, but the most important quality is an ability to deliver a deadpan, serene tone.
    Maiya isn't as large a commitment as Kirei, but she's still a considerable one, having lines in four of the current seven scripts (although she tends not to have very many lines in any of them). In addition, whoever's voicing Maiya may also have to put in some time to recording pained grunts/noises of exertion, and other non-vocal sounds.

Audition lines:
  • Line 1: "He also said it's icy cold even in summer; it doesn't have electricity, plumbing, or foundations; the walls are full of rats, alive and dead; and it's haunted by a ghost called Baron Bloodmonger, because it's built on a Native American burial ground."
  • Line 2: "Say that again and I'll bite your face."
  • Line 3: "I believe him. Thousands would not."

Rin Tohsaka.
  • Voice Type: High-pitched, imperious, childish.
    Rin is a relatively small commitment -- In the seven scripts currently written, she appears only in a few scenes, and has a very small number of lines, and will likely only show up for one more scene in the future. Potentially, whoever plays Rin is welcome to double-up and try playing Sakura as well, or vice versa.

Audition lines:
  • Line 1: "I'm not an orphan."
  • Line 2: "And the church doesn't have a problem with the whole magic thing?"

Sakura Matou.
  • Voice Type: Childish, high-pitched, cold and somewhat vacant.
  • Notes and Important Information: Another small role, Sakura only has one scene in which she speaks, thus far, and will likely only have a few more going forward. This isn't a major commitment. Potentially, whoever plays Rin is welcome to double-up and try playing Sakura as well, or vice versa.

Audition lines:
  • Line 1: "Grandpa says that you'll be summoning a Heroic Spirit tonight. For the Grail War. Sucks to be you, I guess."
  • Line 2: "And you're looking old, Uncle Kariya. Super gross times."

Aoi Tohsaka.
  • Voice Type: Motherly, serene, quietly happy.
  • Notes and Important Information: A larger role than Rin or Sakura, but still a relatively small, low-commitment one.

Audition lines:
  • Line 1: "Well, you know what they say, 'girls should be three things: Classy, fabulous, and full of insects.'"
  • Line 2: "'Girls do not dress for boys. Girls dress for themselves, legions of stinging locusts, and each other.'"
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)