New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Abridger/Parody Beef?
09-23-2015, 04:42 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2015 04:35 AM by zombieload.)
Question Abridger/Parody Beef?
Yo. I been watching abridged and parody series since forever from Lani's Yu Yu Hakusho abridged and MyWayEntertainment's parodies up til now and noticed as years went by people started to beef over the course of making parodies and abridges. Like how do ya'll and I mean EVERYBODY, TFS, BoD, E3, LK, and all people who make content manage to get mad with one another?

I'm just trynna figure it out. Like some shit that's supposed to be for fun and laughs and this forum: a place where everyone could interact and befriend one another backfired like crazy and turned into basically labeling high school cliques. Including mods but they aint no different from a forum member to me. Which most people left anyways and the ones who manage to stay may or may not even have the same enthusiasm as they did when everything was getting started. Like on the real some people type like they ready to throw hands and fight over this shit. Immean I play beef with abridgers but that shits for fun and laughs cause we're homies and i'm a Parodist.

But it's like BRRUUUUHHHH lmfao how does a "hobby" make another nigga mad at them for doing something they find fun and enjoy in their free time? Is it cause they did yo favorite anime and you wanted to do it? Did you not like their parody and felt like it had to be expressed in the meanest of ways? Like do certain people really grind your gears that much about how their style is? Do people steal from one another on here? Do people get salty when 1 person has more subs and view fans more than them and they did the same show and felt like theirs is better? Is it cause ppl couldn't be as popular as Purps, TFS, Martin or the 3Elites or any other person with Ksomething subs? Hell is it because they ARE as popular as they are? Is it cause of Abridger Wiki? (Like cause I seen the abridger wiki and whomever made that was saying some disrespectful ass shit if they was serious)

It's just something I always thought about but never got the chance to ask cause I was never a forum member back then plus I dont think this started til 2011 anyways. But forreal though, like whaddup with that?

My YT Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6dgZgo...ibTvLcmiVg
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-23-2015, 04:48 PM
RE: Beef?
I thought this thread was going to be about Beef as in food.

and now I'm disappointed.

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
Find all posts by this user
09-23-2015, 05:55 PM
RE: Beef?
(09-23-2015 04:48 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to be about Beef as in food.

Is it odd I too thought that?

But anyway, to answer your questions, Z-Load (and this is from someone who has occasionally engaged in such beef in the past. Most often with one person but that's not a story for here. I've moved past that) it's honestly a matter of personalities colliding in an online community. Doesn't matter where you go. What part of the net you're at. It's an inevitability. Things like jealousy, opinion, differences, real life drama, sensitivity, etc. can result in such beef. It's the internet, man. The best thing to do is to just take it with a grain of salt and do you. Yeah these videos are for fun. But a place like this is to discuss how we can improve in our own videos. Be better writers, editors, voice actors, etc. Yeah allot of the times (especially recently) there's been beef in this forum and the community. But... It kinda happens. It's sad but true. But the best thing to do is to focus on you, how you can improve your videos, and try not to get involved with said beef.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0e3-1...eqEv-Tb19Q
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skoringo_Tweets
09-23-2015, 06:33 PM
RE: Abridger/Parody Beef?
(09-23-2015 05:55 PM)MrSkoringo Wrote:  
(09-23-2015 04:48 PM)Bohbear Wrote:  I thought this thread was going to be about Beef as in food.

Is it odd I too thought that?

But anyway, to answer your questions, Z-Load (and this is from someone who has occasionally engaged in such beef in the past. Most often with one person but that's not a story for here. I've moved past that) it's honestly a matter of personalities colliding in an online community. Doesn't matter where you go. What part of the net you're at. It's an inevitability. Things like jealousy, opinion, differences, real life drama, sensitivity, etc. can result in such beef. It's the internet, man. The best thing to do is to just take it with a grain of salt and do you. Yeah these videos are for fun. But a place like this is to discuss how we can improve in our own videos. Be better writers, editors, voice actors, etc. Yeah allot of the times (especially recently) there's been beef in this forum and the community. But... It kinda happens. It's sad but true. But the best thing to do is to focus on you, how you can improve your videos, and try not to get involved with said beef.

Yeah, that's a good point. And is you and Boh hungry or somthin lol? Plus I been doin my best and so far I been gettin along with peeps I did meet on here. At least the ones who still talk to yah boy.

09-24-2015, 01:02 AM
Gotta agree, ive had my shares of beefs and spats with others.

Ive made some awesome friends through abridging and voice acting, but I have met a few undesirable few.

One thing I get really annoyed with is when some people act all high and mighty, especially when they think they are a big deal though.

On another note, I dont know how they do it, but it seems impossible to reach out to anyone for a collab, doesnt matter if they are famous or common, I just cant find people when I offer roles
09-24-2015, 01:42 AM
Open casting generally takes a long time. That's true for both abridging and other internet projects. A multi-month deadline is not uncommon. You may be seeing people filling roles faster because:

A) They have a shortlist of people they've worked with before
B) It is a super popular series

Note that casting does not equal actually completing something.

Making a parody is a very time and resource intensive, so "Help me do everything" or incredibility vague one line project descriptions aren't gonna cut it. For collabs, most people won't bite unless you have a solid plan of action. Most projects never end up getting completed. Even projects with seasoned abridgers never complete an episode, or slowly die of attrition.

Abridging can be time and resource intensive. It requires a having organization and management skills to actually complete something. It's super easy to say "I want to abridge something!" and try to pawn the heavy lifting to other people under the guise of "collaboration". It's not so easy to draft a script, learn some basic editing, schedule VAs, and keep track of submitted files. A lot of people quit when the actual work starts.

A project that isn't well organized and is asking for "help" in every area is unlikely to actually come to fruition. Why put energy into something that is unlikely to happen, when that time and energy could be spent on a personal project instead?

09-24-2015, 01:49 AM
Quote:A lot of people quit when the actual work starts.

I'm guilty of this to a tee, and it's because I look at the project ahead of think "Fuck this is alot of shit to do for free." so I shelf it until I'm ready to take it on again

and it's why people here give newbies a hard time when they pop into the forum and nine posts in they're asking for stuff or posting audition forums where they need writers and editors, so you can understand that people might have "Beef" with that kind of crap.

[Image: nn870k.gif]
Get at me on Skype: Bohemian.bear
09-24-2015, 01:55 AM
(09-24-2015 01:02 AM)AcetheWindRider Wrote:  Gotta agree, ive had my shares of beefs and spats with others.

Ive made some awesome friends through abridging and voice acting, but I have met a few undesirable few.

One thing I get really annoyed with is when some people act all high and mighty, especially when they think they are a big deal though.

On another note, I dont know how they do it, but it seems impossible to reach out to anyone for a collab, doesnt matter if they are famous or common, I just cant find people when I offer roles

I'm just going to straight up tell you.
Collaboration is about bring two audiences together. If you don't have one, or you just want to collaborate with anyone for the sake of collaboration (Also known as piggybacking off of someelse) you aren't going to get anywhere.

I've seen your audition thread, and it's very clear to me that you just want to nick someone elses viewers.
If you want to "Work" with someone on the forums, write a show or whatever, fantastic! that's what we want here. but that's not what you want.

To tie this back to the thread, one of the things that gets most peoples beef, is people trying to take advantage of them. shoutout to abridgedwriter.

Go see Age of Inside Out.
[+] 1 user Likes spritestuff's post
09-24-2015, 04:41 AM
(09-24-2015 01:55 AM)spritestuff Wrote:  
(09-24-2015 01:02 AM)AcetheWindRider Wrote:  Gotta agree, ive had my shares of beefs and spats with others.

I'm just going to straight up tell you.
Collaboration is about bring two audiences together. If you don't have one, or you just want to collaborate with anyone for the sake of collaboration (Also known as piggybacking off of someelse) you aren't going to get anywhere.

I've seen your audition thread, and it's very clear to me that you just want to nick someone elses viewers.
If you want to "Work" with someone on the forums, write a show or whatever, fantastic! that's what we want here. but that's not what you want.

To tie this back to the thread, one of the things that gets most peoples beef, is people trying to take advantage of them. shoutout to abridgedwriter.

*GASP* JR!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)