Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF's Abridged Series
09-28-2015, 06:16 PM
RE: AF's Abridged Series
I'm good with writing, editing and/or voicing. Any of it really.

For shows I would want to suggest something shorter, like some people are suggesting 100 episode shows which might be a little ambitious. Something in the 11-26 range would probably be better. Unless you want to just keep this going and have people eventually do more than one episode each.

[YouTube channel|Role Playlist|Anime|Twitter]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2015, 08:48 PM
I want in on this shit.
09-28-2015, 10:08 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 10:10 PM by concrete Building.)
I'm down for just about anything. Primarily editing and VAing (because those are my strengths I know), but if there's something else you guys want me to do, say it.

I just noticed Dragonball is on this list. I have seasons 1 and 3 of the DVDs.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
09-28-2015, 10:19 PM
Do we want to do a movie or a series?

If it's a movie, my recommendations are Summer Wars and Jin-Roh: The Wolf Brigade. Uncharted territory for anime and abridging.

If it's a series, I recommend School Days. ("It's been done a hundred times before!!") They're all one-shots. Nobody's abridged the whole show in more than one episode. Characters are malleable (easy to assign unique and original personalities) so stereotypes and gimmicks can be avoided, though guys would have to play some of the female roles. I don't have a problem with that, but Earl does; would bet many others do too. Unless we can find ~10 willing female VAs from the site.

You are what you put your time into.

My Series: https://www.youtube.com/user/Abridgelion

E-mail: anaxofrhodes@gmail.com (or Abridgelion@gmail.com )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnaxofRhodes/

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: 252ce5d1fb2620570990fc35cff72412.jpg]
09-28-2015, 10:26 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 10:27 PM by concrete Building.)
Being a transperson, I'm more than fine doing a female role. I need to brush up on that shit anyway, for non-surgical transitioning.

I'm also wondering, do we want to see what sets of DVDs and Blu-rays those who want to edit have? If so, I'll edit my comment later and show everything I have.

09-28-2015, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 01:09 AM by TwooGiz.)
Let's try and pick a series that is 11 to 13 episodes. That way it's a reasonable goal that we can accomplish. I'll remove the huge series from the recommended list when I get home. A movie could have worked with less people but we have a decent amount of people now. It would be hard to divide it up.

Also again there will always be voice actors to fill in roles. That's not what this thread is for. Right now we're seeing who wants to write, edit, and deciding on the show we'll be working on. If you want to offer your voice for this project we'll have an audition thread when the time comes for that.

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
http://www.youtube.com/2GuysAnd1More Swear
[+] 2 users Like TwooGiz's post
09-28-2015, 11:20 PM
The shows I have I know each season with 13 episodes are Baka and Test and Devil is a Part Timer.

09-29-2015, 12:02 AM
I've seen Overlord (13 Episodes), and Gangsta (12 Episodes). Those two shows might be doable (the latter is more serious and action packed).
09-29-2015, 06:24 AM
We shouldn't do a show that already has like fifty parodies. So we'll probably want to do something that's either brand new or isn't too popular. Depends how view whore-ish we're feeling, I guess. I'd offer some suggestions, but I've literally seen eight anime series, and that's it.

[Image: tumblr_nlc3r2zWio1u2ad96o1_400.gif]
My channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQJrclIioGb1qm3Ffli_plw
09-29-2015, 07:35 AM
I reckon we should do Astro Boy.
It's one of the most well known anime, considered to be the first ever, and it has no good parodies already (That I've seen)

Also I love Astro boy.

Go see Age of Inside Out.
[+] 1 user Likes spritestuff's post
09-29-2015, 08:14 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 08:15 AM by Copley.)
I was actually thinking something along the lines of Astro Boy as well. Something super popular that hasn't been done super well. The only issue with Astro Boy, or something else older and popular such as Cowboy Bebop (I feel like that experiment would be interesting to watch), is the whole "old anime is way harder to edit" issue. Now, while I won't name names, I think we have a few editors up for this who could work with older series and a few who could not. So we may wanna try to keep the brainstorming to newer series. Astro Boy in particular, much as I also love it, would be near impossible for a lot of people, and even really experienced editors here would have a struggle working with it.

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
09-29-2015, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 09:01 AM by concrete Building.)
I also have Cowboy Bebop DVDs. The whole collection. Since that's been mentioned.

Something I've had an idea for, and something I'm willing to oversee: Perhaps the editors could work collaboratively, say, like a cloud-based post house? This could allieve some stress and divide the workload as people can still go about their daily lives without too much on their plate. I have a few ideas on how it could work.

[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
09-29-2015, 09:14 AM
(09-29-2015 08:14 AM)Copley Wrote:  I was actually thinking something along the lines of Astro Boy as well. Something super popular that hasn't been done super well. The only issue with Astro Boy, or something else older and popular such as Cowboy Bebop (I feel like that experiment would be interesting to watch), is the whole "old anime is way harder to edit" issue. Now, while I won't name names, I think we have a few editors up for this who could work with older series and a few who could not. So we may wanna try to keep the brainstorming to newer series. Astro Boy in particular, much as I also love it, would be near impossible for a lot of people, and even really experienced editors here would have a struggle working with it.

I was thinking of the 2003 version, which happens to be my favourite.

Go see Age of Inside Out.
[+] 2 users Like spritestuff's post
09-29-2015, 09:19 AM
I've been involved in projects like this before. My main suggestion would be to have one main editor. If you have multiple ones they can stumble over one another. if you wanted to alleviate the workload, maybe have one person editing per episode, but not multiple on one episode.

You definitely need a good director for the VA's. That needs to be consistent so that you get good performances from the cast. It'd likely help if the VA director was part of the writing process, that way he can better understand how the lines need to be delivered.

To contribute, I could be a voice actor.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
[+] 1 user Likes TheHawk's post
09-29-2015, 10:12 AM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 10:13 AM by TacoProductions.)
So there's a new season of K Project coming out called Return of Kings. I was wondering if that would work.

It actually airs tomorrow.

[Image: nKkwXJf.gif]
09-29-2015, 10:44 AM
Yo, yo. Yo; yo, yo. Hear me out.

Gintama.

Yo.

Wouldn't need to fuss with an overarching plot-line, and almost each 'arc' is like, one episode or just a handful. PLUS; no one's had the balls to do a Gintama Parody/Abridged Bastard Thing, because no one has the 'balls' to do it.

Yo...

EARL of BASSINGTON
Vidyas and Other Nonsense

HA x HA #4 (Hunter x Hunter Parody Series)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9vOUsaA_kM
2015 Demo Reel
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFFznIGTSEU
09-29-2015, 12:27 PM
(09-29-2015 09:14 AM)spritestuff Wrote:  I was thinking of the 2003 version, which happens to be my favourite.

I rescind what I said and now strongly support Astro Boy.

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
09-29-2015, 02:52 PM (This post was last modified: 09-29-2015 03:13 PM by TwooGiz.)
On the subject of Gintama or any larger show. As of right now I'm the only organizer of this whole project and I'm sorry but I'm not going to do research to find out which arcs we can fit this project into. It will be a more complete project as a whole to use a smaller show that is actually doable. Aiming too high makes the wax melt. As I say this I realize Astro Boy is 50 episodes... if that gets picked we'll have to cut it off early.

Ok we have enough series to choose from. To get this show on the road I'm going to set up the poll now.

On terms of editing for the series if worse comes to worse I can do the majority of it. Some people's editing style is part of their comedy though I wouldn't want to take away from that. After we decide on a series each episode will be assigned an editor and writer(s). If anyone would like the go first or not I guess start telling me that shit. If editors want to setup a hub like concrete Building said I don't see a problem with it.

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
09-29-2015, 05:28 PM

You are what you put your time into.

My Series: https://www.youtube.com/user/Abridgelion

E-mail: anaxofrhodes@gmail.com (or Abridgelion@gmail.com )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnaxofRhodes/

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: 252ce5d1fb2620570990fc35cff72412.jpg]
09-29-2015, 06:47 PM
(09-29-2015 05:28 PM)Anax Wrote:  I was under the impression that each installment would be written, directed, and edited independently, using the same VAs.

That was the original plan. The complications are some people don't want to edit and some don't want to write. Some users will be able to handle everything themselves, some will not. You yourself Anax said you only wanted to write. So you will have to have an editor paired with you in some way either another writer who wouldn't mind editing or an independent editor. The best way for this project to work is 1 person writes and edits each episode but not many people can do that or are willing to do that. The way I plan on dividing up the series is each episode either 1 person or a team of 2 or 3 will handle each episode. Hopefully with entirely different people every episode so different styles with shine though.

Having one voice director I don't see a problem with. The writers can go over how their script flows and how they want certain lines to sound with spritestuff and he can apply that to his directing. If the writers really want to direct their episode then talk to spritestuff about it. I honestly doubt it would be a problem.

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)