Baka and Test 20.00% 4 20.00%
Dragonball 40.00% 8 40.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
AF's Abridged Series
08-04-2016, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2016 01:35 PM by Vingeta.)
RE: AF's Abridged Series
(08-04-2016 11:59 AM)ToNi Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:16 AM)Vingeta Wrote:  oh didn't realize it was on hold for those reasons.. yeah can't we re-delegate tasks accordingly? everyone was split only to accommodate everyone right, so since there's room, shouldn't be problem..?

Probably the issue is that abridgers don't have motivation to abridge. Which is a sad affliction, considering that only abridgers can abridge.

well i'm ready to pitch in... can i do anything to help with episode 2?

BTL
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-04-2016, 09:04 PM
Are you willing to edit? Script is basically finished.

You are what you put your time into.

My Series: https://www.youtube.com/user/Abridgelion

E-mail: anaxofrhodes@gmail.com (or Abridgelion@gmail.com )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnaxofRhodes/

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: 252ce5d1fb2620570990fc35cff72412.jpg]
08-05-2016, 02:38 AM
editing is pretty much my comfort zone so yes xD
is there a specific deadline?

BTL
08-05-2016, 08:57 AM
(08-04-2016 11:59 AM)ToNi Wrote:  
(08-04-2016 11:16 AM)Vingeta Wrote:  oh didn't realize it was on hold for those reasons.. yeah can't we re-delegate tasks accordingly? everyone was split only to accommodate everyone right, so since there's room, shouldn't be problem..?

Probably the issue is that abridgers don't have motivation to abridge. Which is a sad affliction, considering that only abridgers can abridge.

OR. Maybe, just maybe, people have a life and occupation outside of abridging? Y'know. The obvious?

As for re-delegating roles, I don't think that will be necessary since it doesn't really affect the production besides Sprite retiring from abridging. Other than that, we're just waiting for Anax to finish up.

[Image: NINExTAILEDxDEE.png]
I do D.Gray-Man and Blazblue: Slice of Life

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DEEsidia97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DEEsidia
[+] 1 user Likes DEEsidia97's post
08-05-2016, 09:07 AM
(08-05-2016 08:57 AM)DEEsidia97 Wrote:  OR. Maybe, just maybe, people have a life and occupation outside of abridging? Y'know. The obvious?
Only the most-used copout in the world.

Okay, fine, I'll change my tune.

The issue is that abridgers all have better shit to do than abridging. Which is a sad affliction, considering that only abridgers can abridge.

Editor for all of An Untitled Abridger.
Check out The Advent of Haruhi Suzumiya. The only abridged series that has ever been updated daily.
Find all posts by this user
08-05-2016, 09:27 AM
(08-05-2016 08:57 AM)DEEsidia97 Wrote:  As for re-delegating roles, I don't think that will be necessary since it doesn't really affect the production besides Sprite retiring from abridging. Other than that, we're just waiting for Anax to finish up.

Alright, well Anax still asked if I wouldn't mind editing, and if it's necessary I really don't mind. So either way it's cool Smile

(08-05-2016 09:07 AM)ToNi Wrote:  
(08-05-2016 08:57 AM)DEEsidia97 Wrote:  OR. Maybe, just maybe, people have a life and occupation outside of abridging? Y'know. The obvious?
Only the most-used copout in the world.

Okay, fine, I'll change my tune.

The issue is that abridgers all have better shit to do than abridging. Which is a sad affliction, considering that only abridgers can abridge.

Well I mean it's not like abridging pays the bills. It really is only something I would expect people to do in their spare time. For example, I'm about to start my post-grad study this month. Abridging is awesome, but I can't live off it, so I'm gona end up prioritizing my time for studying and the likes... then with whatever free time I manage to make, I'd abridge, which I expect will not be consistent. But doesn't mean I've given up on it, I'd just abridge at a slower pace xD

BTL
[+] 2 users Like Vingeta's post
08-05-2016, 06:11 PM
I can lend a voice if needed. just read the last few posts so no idea what has been done.

Also Toni you have no grasp on how life works do you? Or do you? Wait what?!?! Money grows on trees! It's official! Stay at home guys and gals and abridge full time! WE HAVE A MONEY TREE! Nvm its not official its unofficial. But if you ignore your bills they go away.

Voice Actor and Editor for Believe It! Entertainment
Naruto Abridged / TWQ:Gurren Lagann Abridged
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDyy6zf...Uubv0t192w

I suck but I try not toooooooo! xD
08-05-2016, 06:24 PM
Tokk, do you seriously believe that to be an abridger on youtube and update more than once every few months, it takes such a level of dedication that one has to literally give up their livelihood?

Check out The Advent of Haruhi Suzumiya. The only abridged series that has ever been updated daily.
08-05-2016, 10:12 PM
Only if you care more about making something than making something good.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
08-06-2016, 02:39 AM
80 abridged videos and under 300 subs.. how is your way of things working out for you?

08-06-2016, 03:44 AM
(08-05-2016 10:12 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Only if you care more about making something than making something good.
It takes three months to make a good abridged video? Are you fucking serious? You're full of shit.

Tokk Wrote:80 abridged videos and under 300 subs.. how is your way of things working out for you?
So, like, is your argument that nobody should enjoy abridging? Or are you just mocking me for being prolific (which is a really weird thing to mock someone for). I'm confused.

08-06-2016, 04:05 AM
Yes a good abridged video takes months for people to release because jobs and life are more important then silly internet videos. We cannot pay our bills by doing these. I was mocking you because you act like some hot shit but have little to nothing to show for it. Maybe if you spent more time on your script / editing / VA and less time on here being a pretentious prick you would have a larger fan base and more room to cast shade.

08-06-2016, 04:05 AM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2016 08:11 AM by ToNi.)
I have literally three dozen videos planned for later this year, you smarmy jackass.

EDIT:
Vingeta (two posts below this one) is correct. This current dickwaving is completely unrelated to the actual topic, so let's move on.

08-06-2016, 04:09 AM
(08-06-2016 04:05 AM)ToNi Wrote:  I have literally three dozen videos planned for later this year, you smarmy jackass.

[+] 1 user Likes Tokk's post
08-06-2016, 04:21 AM
First off, shouldn't we move this sort of discussion elsewhere? I recall reading a thread dedicated for this x"D

But just to re-emphasize the "three months" point, I have to agree with Truthordeal and Tokk. I've only worked on parody shorts, so like on average, 3 minute episodes. And to-date, I've only managed to get 3 done.

Anyway, at the time I was actually dedicating more time into those shorts than anything else in my life. The first two videos were roughly two weeks apart, but that's only because the first script was done many months prior, before we decided to be serious about it. The time between the 2nd and 3rd video was about 1 and a half months.

We were all super busy with uni-life but still pushed to make it happen within that kind of time-frame, this included script writing, voice recruiting, editing etc etc. (I did anything editing related)
I put in way too much time actually, like it cost me some courses that year. It made the next year of my life complicated with having to use all school breaks to take up extra courses to make up and all that (it all worked out in the end so banzai). It was stupid that I let such a thing happen, but I did.

After all that effort, we only really produced mediocre content at best x"D
And even if they were next-level shit, there would be no gain from it other than just meaningless views and subs ('cause you can't monetize this stuff)

Anyway yeah, since life-things take a greater precedence than making funny things, I would probably only give some (not all) of my spare/free time, which gets scarcer by the year lately, to abridging. Hence, 3+ months sounds about right

So Toni, if you're able to abridge in a shorter time-frame, (and I'll just assume the quality of your work is decent), then I can only assume you actually have that kind of time in your life. I can't speak for everyone, but pretty much everyone I worked with (myself included), simply cannot put anymore time than we already have into abridging.

BTL
08-06-2016, 03:07 PM
Gents, keep this topic for the Collab. There are other places to rant

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)