New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reviews and stuff
09-28-2015, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 09-28-2015 12:19 PM by TacoProductions.)
Reviews and stuff

So I recently wanted to start some reviews for games, tv shows, and movies. Tell me what you think.

[Image: nKkwXJf.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2015, 03:52 AM
RE: Reviews and stuff
Honestly, I think there's a lot of room for improvement. As someone who is a huge fan of the Hellsing Manga/OVA and for a short period of time defended the TV series; your review wasn't as well informed as I would have liked. I think it should be said that although the TV series DOES differ heavily from the manga the reason why is because only 2 volumes of the manga were published at the time (there are 10 in all). The team working on the anime was not aware Nazis were even going to be a thing in this series. Also, you called the brothers Jan and John, I know you corrected yourself and said it was Luke but Jan is pronounced like Yaan. Mispronunciation doesn't ruin your point entirely it just gives off the sense that you're uninformed which is not a trait you want to be pegged with doing reviews. Also, Hellsing was dubbed by geneon not funimation. Funimation took over the OVA series from part 5 onward. The reason why the dub is so good is because Generon spent tons of money to get actually british actors and paid them too much. This is one of the main reasons Geneon went under (they were so bad with money, for real).

As for your commentary there is too much stuttering and meandering without getting to a point. Make sure you sound firm and confident in your statements and always know what you are going to say. If you mess up a line re-record it. Make sure your words are clear and speak with vibrato. On a whole other note my final bit of advice, and this is probably the most controversial part of what I have to say, don't rate the piece you're critiquing with a number. Numbers become semantic; what's the difference between a 3 and a 4? With movies and anime I think its better to go with the buy it, rent it, or skip scores. I guess now you would say buy it, stream it, or skip it. but like I said people like to rate things with arbitrary numbers and I may just have to live with that. All in all I would not be against watching more of these reviews to see how they progress. Kind of make me want to do a series; maybe a review show or videos detailing anime history, fun facts, ect.

[Image: tumblr_ntkichcGgA1r2k5yqo1_500.png][Image: 81aWAcGPlpL._SX355_.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes FalconFlyer69's post
10-01-2015, 08:00 AM
Haha yeah apologies. I'll be sure to fix that in my next one then.

10-19-2015, 11:29 AM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2015 11:30 AM by TacoProductions.)
I'm not sure if this is considered reviving a dead thread, but recently I've made another review.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)