Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tenkaichi Ironman Budokai Abridgathon
05-31-2016, 10:35 PM
Tenkaichi Ironman Budokai Abridgathon

Anybody else going to submit something?

Editor for all of An Untitled Abridger.
Check out The Advent of Haruhi Suzumiya. The only abridged series that has ever been updated daily.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2016, 12:07 AM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 12:17 AM by Cevian.)
RE: Tenkaichi Ironman Budokai Abridgathon
Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Best on Earth Ironman Martial Arts Association Abridgathon.

Writer of few things over at AnUntitledAbridger.
Often "forgets" to cast self in own videos.
Once voiced in a Gurren Lagann abridged that lasted 3 episodes 8 years ago.
06-01-2016, 12:17 AM
GOOD LUCK FINDING FEMALE VOICE TALENT. Not that many of you had much luck to begin with.

With the single project restriction, and the limited number of people with nice setups in general, things are going to be interesting. It takes a long time to cast outside talent, and the learning curve for newbies is going to be a dice roll for audio quality. I recommend either securing your teams early/writing with flexibility, or having a baller pitch to attract your key VAs to not side with another project.

Good luck bros.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes codeblackhayate's post
06-01-2016, 12:21 AM
I'm considering it, I'm not sure what I would wanna do for it. but I wanna finish the video I'm working on right now first before I take on a third project. I know a few people in the forums skype chat that are entering it though.

Mic: Audio-Technica AT2035 l Twitter l Youtube l Wiki Page

Princess Princess Abridged 2 - Writing

Und Shot - Recording
06-01-2016, 07:47 PM (This post was last modified: 06-01-2016 07:51 PM by Anax.)
(06-01-2016 12:17 AM)codeblackhayate Wrote:  GOOD LUCK FINDING FEMALE VOICE TALENT.

Quality, skilled female voice talent, yeah. So literally bring in any female friends you have from real life. There's tons out there. Direct them well, and they'll do more than fine.

Guys, this isn't limited to small-time abridgers who want the almighty blessing of Team Four Star. There's no cap on the number of people you can have participate, only that they don't contribute to other projects (and if they're nobodies, they likely won't know anyone else working on this, either). Call on anyone and everyone you know from real-life with potential. Be like, "Hey, you're a funny dude! There's this contest going on, and I'd love your help!" That works more often than you'd honestly admit.

I contend the greatest thing about this contest is the hard deadline imposed by someone else. People will have to actually finish a blasted video. That will hold people accountable in a way a self-imposed schedule rarely does.

TFS has to know they're going to sort through a mountain of garbage to find the gems they're looking for. It comes with the territory. But the learning experience for creators who genuinely take this seriously will prove powerful, I believe. This may have incredible effects down the road for abridging.

I am too busy for this. Yes, that's an excuse. I'm consolidating my interests to the few, key hobbies I want to continue in my life. My life is stretched too thin as it is. Plus, I have three abridging projects still in my head that definitely began before June 1st, which disqualifies all of them. But I hope and pray folks look at this contest and leaves inspired to pull their no-name friends together and make a name for themselves. Or even just have fun and learn a lot along the way. It's how I started. It's how we all started, truthfully.

You are what you put your time into.

My Series: https://www.youtube.com/user/Abridgelion

E-mail: anaxofrhodes@gmail.com (or Abridgelion@gmail.com )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnaxofRhodes/

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: 252ce5d1fb2620570990fc35cff72412.jpg]
06-01-2016, 10:23 PM
(06-01-2016 07:47 PM)Anax Wrote:  I contend the greatest thing about this contest is the hard deadline imposed by someone else. People will have to actually finish a blasted video. That will hold people accountable in a way a self-imposed schedule rarely does.

I am too busy for this. Yes, that's an excuse. I'm consolidating my interests to the few, key hobbies I want to continue in my life. My life is stretched too thin as it is. Plus, I have three abridging projects still in my head that definitely began before June 1st, which disqualifies all of them. But I hope and pray folks look at this contest and leaves inspired to pull their no-name friends together and make a name for themselves. Or even just have fun and learn a lot along the way. It's how I started. It's how we all started, truthfully.

IMO, this is the biggest reason we won't see too many established abridging talents in this contest. Many of us seem to be entering into careers and full-time jobs now, and so available time gets smaller and smaller. And if we gotta have our abridging projects on the backburner, we'd rather keep working on the video(s) we've started, rather than try to cram something for this.

That being said, I do have ideas for this, and I'd love to contribute in terms of writing or voice acting, but I'm in the same boat in that I don't have time right now to edit something I haven't already started.

S10's Ghost in the Shell Abridged
My Personal YT Account
Twitter
06-02-2016, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2016 09:23 PM by concrete Building.)
I'm honestly surprised this thread hasn't blown up yet. I thought it did, which is why I returned from beyond the veil. I suppose the place is more dead than I thought.

I know it's probably better to say this in one of the skype chats, but knowing this place, I beg anyone who might come across this contest in the next month to PLEASE have some faith in content creation, and PLEASE have faith in TFS. Both have their own potential to do well in the end, and there's an entire month to do this. This could be huge. It also possibly couldn't, but what it might end up doing is ushering in a new "generation" of abridgers. Don't be too quick to dismiss this whole thing, as I know quite a few of you are liable to.

(06-01-2016 12:17 AM)codeblackhayate Wrote:  GOOD LUCK FINDING FEMALE VOICE TALENT.

As Anax said, If you can't find a female, find anyone with the range who's willing to do it. I'm personally lucky to have both at my disposal (including myself, to a degree) but really, don't underestimate someone because of their age. Yes, they're a rare breed, but some young 13-ish male and female VAs can impress. There are more Crashers than you think.

Oh yeah, and let's not turn into Box of Danger 2.0 because of this.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
06-02-2016, 11:45 PM
If this ushers in a new wave of abridgers I hope they have more sense than to hang out here.

Check out The Advent of Haruhi Suzumiya. The only abridged series that has ever been updated daily.
06-03-2016, 09:43 AM
(06-02-2016 11:45 PM)ToNi Wrote:  If this ushers in a new wave of abridgers I hope they have more sense than to hang out here.

I hope they have sense to hang out here to actually learn. This is the best place for them to know how to actually be funny. If not, they're just gonna stagnate and be spewing anime jokes for the rest of their days and quoting memes. Which NO ONE here wants.

This will indeed bring in people who want to join in on this hobby. A big wave maybe. But after they realize how hard it is, the numbers will decrease dramatically and only the ones that actually want to improve will be left. Which is good. I think this contest is a good taster of how hard we work on our silly internet parodies. And the month limit just makes it even funnier. I think this was TFS's way to saying "You think this is easy?! Well you give it a try!".

(06-01-2016 12:17 AM)codeblackhayate Wrote:  GOOD LUCK FINDING FEMALE VOICE TALENT

Well then. I must be one lucky mother fucker.

[Image: NINExTAILEDxDEE.png]
I do D.Gray-Man and Blazblue: Slice of Life

YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/DEEsidia97
Twitter: https://twitter.com/DEEsidia
[+] 1 user Likes DEEsidia97's post
06-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I'm excited about this event not only because of the competition, but to see some Parody Artists rise from the dead and actually get shit done. As we've all seen, a lot of people have not been able to release content out within the ol' 2-3 month(s) schedule and it's pretty depressing. But thanks to this, we can see those same people again and more all in one month! That's great. I have no problem with the deadline and the regulations. It's not like you have to make a fuckin' 10 minute dub and shit. Just make a good, funny parody. Simple as that. As for the whole casting regulations, finding females is not impossible. It's just whether or not you want to put in the work to find those hidden gems. And if you have to, paying for a VA ain't that bad either of an option. (Just don't give into ridiculous prices. It's just a parody.)

I really hope people will enjoy this and that we will have more of these contests because I don't know when there will ever be one from AbridgedForums.

(06-02-2016 09:16 PM)concrete Building Wrote:  Yes, they're a rare breed, but some young 13-ish male and female VAs can impress. There are more Crashers than you think.

I know it's hard for you to believe, but I'm haven't been 13 for the last 4 years.
06-04-2016, 05:34 AM
I know it's hard for you to believe, but you've been better than most people your age almost since you began.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
06-10-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't know if I'll be entering this contest, but I'm definitely glad it exists. I've always wanted to do an abridged series, and this provided me with the motivation to finish my first draft. It's a really rough draft, with probably more throwaway jokes than keepers, but at least I've got something. I'm just not sure that I'll be able to re-write this into something workable and get VAs in time for the contest, let alone edit it.

I've never done anything like this before, but hopefully I can learn and create something relatively respectable at the end.
[+] 1 user Likes silverclouds's post
06-10-2016, 11:31 AM
Me too, always wanted to try my hand at abridging but never really had anything to motivate me, and this was the perfect opportunity
06-24-2016, 06:12 PM

I can't wait to murder MasakoX.

[+] 2 users Like ToNi's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)