New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making a VA Demo Real
02-02-2017, 03:55 AM
Making a VA Demo Real
Hey guys, I've been wanting to get into the abridge community for a while because like the majority of the people on here, I love to voice act. I love trying my best to impersonate other abridged characters or just people from cartoons and movies in general. However I'm come to a part I find most difficult, and it's the demo real. I have no idea what sort of lines to come up with that don't sound extremely cringey when recorded. I have no issue saying dumb/embarrassing lines, but sometimes there are just bad lines. Any tips as to what I could do? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me some pointers. Thanks in advanced.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2017, 01:07 AM
RE: Making a VA Demo Real
Bump, any help would be appreciated thanks everyone.
02-06-2017, 03:51 AM
Anyone at all?
02-06-2017, 09:38 PM
Hate to break it you dude but the forums are basically dead, most of the experienced members have moved on to different communication platforms. except for you squatters, I just come by every once and a while to check on you guys.

Now as for your question, I'll try to answer to the best of my ability, but demos aren't really my area. Don't do impersonations People aren't listening to your demo to hear and bad Arnie impression or something that sounds slightly like Taka if you and him were drunk, they're there to hear you . Now that I've taken that away from you, you might be asking yourself "Well what do I put in there then?" easy, your own characters. Try to show the ranges that your voice can go to, for example torchered guy, confident man, Italian gangster or nerdy scared kid. As for writing, I cant really help you there, but you might want to listen to other VAs demo reels to get inspiration. Another thing you could do is try sending your demo script to people for critique or try reaching out to VAs on twitter or other social media for tips, some of them might be friendly! Also one last thing, a demo reel should be under 1 minute, keep that in mind when writing.

Mic: Audio-Technica AT2035 l Twitter l Youtube l Wiki Page

Princess Princess Abridged 2 - Writing

Und Shot - Recording
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)