New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Random Conversation
02-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Random Conversation
So...um...this thread was always a huge hit on all the others forums I've ever been on. Just a place where we can talk about...well...whatever we want and hang out...

If a thread like this has already been made please tell me. I'm still very new here...

But um...HI!

How's everyone else doing today~! Let's get this topic to 1000 pages...or like...something
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-11-2012, 12:04 AM
RE: Random Conversation
Ah shoot, I am so bad at coming up with conversation material. Quick, someone else fill in for me!!

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
02-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Eh. Might as well. See if it catches on.

So deviled eggs: awesome or awesomest?
[+] 1 user Likes Airrest's post
02-11-2012, 12:21 AM
I prefer my eggs boiled. But deviled is ok. It's better if you have some non pulp orange juice to go with it.

[+] 2 users Like mattroks101's post
02-11-2012, 12:23 AM
Orange Juice should have mandatory pulp in every glass.

[+] 2 users Like codeblackhayate's post
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM
FUCK YO PULP BITCH!!!

[+] 2 users Like mattroks101's post
02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
No, you just have to drink it.

02-11-2012, 12:57 AM
(02-11-2012 12:21 AM)mattroks101 Wrote:  I prefer my eggs boiled. But deviled is ok. It's better if you have some non pulp orange juice to go with it.

I feel like you've broken the forum's space time continuum somehow with this post.
02-11-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh you are looking at the king of random!

Just why the hell is my bread made of cheese?

Can you imagine a bologna sandwich with CHEESE bread? I can, IT TASTES LIKE PICKLES

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
Find all posts by this user
02-11-2012, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2012 01:10 AM by Airrest.)
(02-11-2012 01:00 AM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  Oh you are looking at the king of random!

Just why the hell is my bread made of cheese?

Can you imagine a bologna sandwich with CHEESE bread? I can, IT TASTES LIKE PICKLES

disapproval
Also, this guy:
[Image: ETt4S.png]
02-11-2012, 01:27 AM
A lot of people know about the spice trade to India that started up the whole Age of Exploration thing, but most people don't know why this was so important that people were killed and wars were fought over it. You see, we here in the modern day put spice on stuff to make it taste good and it's mostly a luxury, even basic ones like salt and pepper. The thing is, we also have refrigerators and other devices that keep our meats fresh; people in those days did not. Can you imagine eating a piece of cooked meat after it had been sitting out for a day? How about a week? A month? Because that's how long getting meat from the slaughter house to the market to houses would take in many instances. While we use spices to season our food, they used it to make rancid beef edible, and so it was much more import even in places where meat wasn't readily available.

Now, the Europeans, despite spices being essential for their diet, they still got pretty creative with how they prepared their meat dishes. They would uses different preparation methods and different mixtures of spices to make their meals taste different and they really made some delicious dishes with what they had. And in many cases, local specialties would be named after the town or city where they originated. For example, what we call hamburgers came from the city of Hamburg; frankfurters came from Frankfurt, wieners from Vienna, baloney from Bologne, salisbury steak from Salisbury in England, etc.

But there was this one dish that no one wanted to claim because, I'm assuming, the ingredients that went into it and the source of the meat was so disgusting that no one wanted to be associated with it. The meat was so horrifying, apparently, that in order to eat it, they had to keep throwing lots of spices into it. And they had to keep doing it until finally, someone would eat it. Still, no one wanted to claim it as their namesake, and so they just started naming it after the type of spice they put into it.

And that's how pepperoni got it's name.

True story.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
02-11-2012, 01:42 AM
(02-11-2012 01:27 AM)Truthordeal Wrote:  A lot of people know about the spice trade to India that started up the whole Age of Exploration thing, but most people don't know why this was so important that people were killed and wars were fought over it. You see, we here in the modern day put spice on stuff to make it taste good and it's mostly a luxury, even basic ones like salt and pepper. The thing is, we also have refrigerators and other devices that keep our meats fresh; people in those days did not. Can you imagine eating a piece of cooked meat after it had been sitting out for a day? How about a week? A month? Because that's how long getting meat from the slaughter house to the market to houses would take in many instances. While we use spices to season our food, they used it to make rancid beef edible, and so it was much more import even in places where meat wasn't readily available.

Now, the Europeans, despite spices being essential for their diet, they still got pretty creative with how they prepared their meat dishes. They would uses different preparation methods and different mixtures of spices to make their meals taste different and they really made some delicious dishes with what they had. And in many cases, local specialties would be named after the town or city where they originated. For example, what we call hamburgers came from the city of Hamburg; frankfurters came from Frankfurt, wieners from Vienna, baloney from Bologne, salisbury steak from Salisbury in England, etc.

But there was this one dish that no one wanted to claim because, I'm assuming, the ingredients that went into it and the source of the meat was so disgusting that no one wanted to be associated with it. The meat was so horrifying, apparently, that in order to eat it, they had to keep throwing lots of spices into it. And they had to keep doing it until finally, someone would eat it. Still, no one wanted to claim it as their namesake, and so they just started naming it after the type of spice they put into it.

And that's how pepperoni got it's name.

True story.

[Image: eMXvK.png]
02-11-2012, 01:44 AM
Well... I didn't mean it had to be the most RANDOM conversation you could think of! xDDD Though it's not... unwelcomed. I just figured it be something of a lounge~! Where topics aren't restricted to just one thing. So I suppose if you wanna talk about eggs and orange juice O_o...um...go right ahead! xD

Sooo um...yeah....I actually like ALL types of food. I'm not picky x3
02-11-2012, 01:47 AM
(02-11-2012 01:44 AM)Neoka Wrote:  Well... I didn't mean it had to be the most RANDOM conversation you could think of! xDDD Though it's not... unwelcomed. I just figured it be something of a lounge~! Where topics aren't restricted to just one thing. So I suppose if you wanna talk about eggs and orange juice O_o...um...go right ahead! xD

Sooo um...yeah....I actually like ALL types of food. I'm not picky x3

Abridgers are weird.

Especially late at night.
02-11-2012, 01:49 AM
Night has just begun for me~! But I suppose it's different since we all live in such different time zones. I noticed a lot of the abridgers on this forum are from the UK! That so cool! I myself live on the west coast of the US~! >W<

Oh! btw! I like your avatar Air-sama!
02-11-2012, 01:58 AM
[Image: eMXvK.png]

Orange Juice with pulp.

02-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Though Hayate-san's avatar scares me...
02-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Who the hell is Hayate-san.

(02-11-2012 01:58 AM)codeblackhayate Wrote:  [Image: eMXvK.png]

Orange Juice with pulp.

Dammit, we're not doing that here!
(02-11-2012 02:03 AM)codeblackhayate Wrote:  Who the hell is Hayate-san.

Should I call you CodeBlack-san? ^^;

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)