New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is the Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen?
02-18-2012, 11:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 02:38 PM by TheHawk.)
What is the Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen?
Hey guys, I like watching good movies, I mean, who doesn't. However, occasionally I also enjoy watching something really bad. I usually do this and me and some friends riff on it ass we watch it.

This got me to thinking, what is the worst anime film that YOU have seen. I'm not talking about a hentai film or something that is a direct rip off of something else.
Example of what we are not looking for:
[Image: eiken.jpg]
This is something that takes itself seriously, and seriously sucks.

I want you to give me the movies that go beyond the impossible, and kick quality and common sensibilities to the curb!
[Image: scared-baby.jpg]

So, give me your rage, your pain, the horrors you have endured in the name of entertainment!

Alright, since this is my baby, I?ll go first!

For me, the worst I?ve seen is a little gem of Japanimation known as

E.Y.E.S. of Mars
[Image: A1781-17.jpg]

This gem is about psychic students at a secret academy on Mars. They are part of this huge plot to keep the dying planet and its people under the control of an oppressive government. Sounds cool, right? Wrong.

What I eneded up seeing was a terrible mess of a film with shoddy animation, HORRIBLE WOODEN VOICE ACTING in the dub, a poorly executed political agenda, and one of the most poorly handled environmental messages I have ever seen in a film. This makes Avatar and Ferngully look subtle in their delivery.

How did I hear about this? From an awesome looking AMV Hell entry.

Instead, I got a film that featured lovely lines like; ?Let us hope that they do not destroy this new world like we destroyed ours.?

Imagine that line said in the boredest voice possible.

If you are interested, I found it on Youtube earlier. Here is is.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

[Image: b7gg35.jpg]
My YouTube
Twitter
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2012, 02:42 PM
RE: What is the Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen?
Vampire Princess Miyu.

It has an unlikeable main lead, she's a guardian who's meant to protect people who doesn't do that well, have the worst first episode for a show, Miyu NEVER deveolps as a character, the series is really uninteresting and Miyu watched someone get killed when she could of SAVED.
Find all posts by this user
02-19-2012, 03:36 PM
(02-19-2012 02:42 PM)ZionProwlerKraze Wrote:  Vampire Princess Miyu.

It has an unlikeable main lead, she's a guardian who's meant to protect people who doesn't do that well, have the worst first episode for a show, Miyu NEVER deveolps as a character, the series is really uninteresting and Miyu watched someone get killed when she could of SAVED.

Sounds pretty bad. At least EYES attempted to have character development...it failed, but it at least attempted to.

"Your stuff is pretty good, but it's no TeamFourStar. Be more like them!"- My supportive roommate.

My YouTube
Twitter
02-19-2012, 09:06 PM
Picking one worst anime I've ever seen is a bit tricky because 1) I haven't seen many anime to begin with, and 2) The worst I've seen is probably just mediocre in the genre. Plus it's hard to choose.

My two least favorite, because I hate them both equally, are Love Hina and Rumbling Hearts. Love Hina would be an ordinary generic harem anime if every character in it wasn't so damn annoying. You know that anime cliche where a male walks in on a female in some stage of undress and (regardless of if the male character did it intentionally or even of his own accord) he gets beaten up? I hate that. It stopped being funny, if it ever was, when Rumiko Takahashi did it for the hundredth time. But all Love Hina is is that cliche. Over and over again. About a million times an episode. It has no redeeming qualities, and the plot is often just hyper-obnoxiousness by everyone involved.

Rumbling Hearts is different though in that I see it as just a waste. I saw the first few episodes and thought "You know, for a high school anime romance thing, this is pretty competent." They defied my expectations at every turn and the big plot twist was phenomenal; it really made me want to see what happened next episode. The premise was new to me and interesting. And then, episode 4 or 5, it changed. The interactions became nothing but hyped up melodrama, and every episode was just depressing. Not the good kind of depressing where you feel so emotionally impacted by what's happening that you tear up or whatever; I mean a very empty, boring depression that hurts your soul to keep consuming. But I did keep consuming, and over the course of the series every character became a dumbass, jackass, asshole or some other variation of the word "ass." I began to relate to none of them and hoped they all would die in a freak simultaneous accident. The only character I felt any sort of sympathy to by the end of the series was a minor character named...well I dunno, but I called him 'Stache Dad. Episode 11 comes around and it involves one of the stupidest conversations in the history of the world in which a character who has slept with his best friend's girlfriend says it's his best friend's fault that he did so. That was the point of no return, and I knew there was no way this series could redeem itself. And it didn't. I only watched the last episodes because I felt I needed to stick it out. It's a dumb show and I hate it.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
02-20-2012, 04:05 PM
[quote='FXchaoticxz' pid='5851' dateline='1329700383']
KENICHI!
kenichi is a whiny bitch who kicks ass WHY WOULD YOU WHINE IF YOU CAN KICK ASS?
in the manga he still is whiny but not as whiny

miu has overkill boobs and her voice in the Japanese dub is ANNOYING

the midget pervert dude MA whatever his name is is just a rip- off of jaraiya just more peverted

the karate master has absolutly no reason to be in the show but to teach kenichi, SERIOUSLY GO
READ THE MANGA HE HAS CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT BUT IN THE ANIME HE IS JUST THE SAME

shigure...............................shes freaking hot.........................and even sexier in the manga

that weird mustache guy is ok he actually makes me laugh

apachai is to damn stupid in the anime but in the manga he has some form of intelligence
the 8 fist is interesting but Y.O.M.I in the manga is a deeper plot

kesara..............................freaking hot

renka...................overkill boobs.......................still hot

frea.............................FUCKING SEXY!!!!

Takata the puncher has a much better character development in the manga than the anime

to put it short every problem you might have with the anime is fixed in the manga

another anime is sailor moon you know the season with the lesbian chicks...

oh wait this is anime movies..........

all of the yu-gi-oh movies (self explanitory)

the last 6 Pok

My YouTube
Twitter
02-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Black Butler. Yaoi. That is all that needs tobe said.

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
02-20-2012, 07:00 PM (This post was last modified: 02-20-2012 07:01 PM by TheHawk.)
(02-20-2012 06:13 PM)mattroks101 Wrote:  Black Butler. Yaoi. That is all that needs tobe said.

Black Butler? Do you mean Bible Black?

If so, Yeah its bad, but thats like hentai, I'm talking about something that was not just made for sexual exploitation. Though that probably is one of the worst hentai out there from what I've heard

My YouTube
Twitter
03-12-2012, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2012 07:13 PM by OoziHobo.)
(02-20-2012 07:00 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  
(02-20-2012 06:13 PM)mattroks101 Wrote:  Black Butler. Yaoi. That is all that needs tobe said.

If so, Yeah its bad, but thats like hentai, I'm talking about something that was not just made for sexual exploitation. Though that probably is one of the worst hentai out there from what I've heard

Not Bible Black, Black Butler. It's on Netflix (I believe) if you want to check it out. I haven't actually seen it myself but I heard it's pretty hilarious from a friend of mine. He likes the borderline Yaoi stuff, though.

I haven't seen a lot of bad anime, because I usually stop watching it after two episodes and then forget about it over time. But the worst anime I have seen is probably Seikon no Qwaser. The characters are one dimensional (like most anime), the plot is just a paper thin convenient excuse for the characters to interact, fight, and often be naked.

Seriously, the "good guy" gets his powers by drinking breast milk from his nun sidekick. Apart from that, I'm not even sure what the show was about to be honest, something about some dead dude, sprinkle in the word 'alchemist', and for some reason the girl with the biggest breasts had the most powerful breast milk.

[Image: quadgunlogoweb-1.jpg]
03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
(03-12-2012 07:13 PM)OoziHobo Wrote:  
(02-20-2012 07:00 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  

Not Bible Black, Black Butler. It's on Netflix (I believe) if you want to check it out. I haven't actually seen it myself but I heard it's pretty hilarious from a friend of mine. He likes the borderline Yaoi stuff, though.

I haven't seen a lot of bad anime, because I usually stop watching it after two episodes and then forget about it over time. But the worst anime I have seen is probably Seikon no Qwaser. The characters are one dimensional (like most anime), the plot is just a paper thin convenient excuse for the characters to interact, fight, and often be naked.

Seriously, the "good guy" gets his powers by drinking breast milk from his nun sidekick. Apart from that, I'm not even sure what the show was about to be honest, something about some dead dude, sprinkle in the word 'alchemist', and for some reason the girl with the biggest breasts had the most powerful breast milk.

Not going to lie, that one does sound pretty odd. Even by bad anime standards.

I was under the impression that Black Butler was a legit series and not a hentai show. I had only heard good things about it for the most part.

My YouTube
Twitter
03-13-2012, 10:23 PM
Bartender.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartender_%28manga%29

Most boring thing you will ever see. I promise that.

[YouTube channel|Role Playlist|Anime|Twitter]
03-13-2012, 10:37 PM
(03-13-2012 10:23 PM)Mandos Wrote:  Bartender.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bartender_%28manga%29

Most boring thing you will ever see. I promise that.

Is it bad that I actually know someone who wants to be a bartender because of this manga?

I agree that it does seem like it would be difficult to make an interesting anime based on a guy making drinks and talking to people.

My YouTube
Twitter
03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
Actually, I think one could do something really good with that. Bartenders tend to see humanity at its worst and best, and people talk about everything with bartenders(at least in fiction; whether or not this translates into real life depends on the person). It'd be more interesting than a barbershop, which tends to have that same quality. Think Canterbury Tales, except less pilgrimage and fable and more "real" stories. You don't have to be a Chaucer or Shakespeare to write a decent story with that premise, you just have to be somewhat competent, which I'm guessing the guy who wrote that manga failed at doing.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
03-13-2012, 11:15 PM
(03-13-2012 10:53 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  Actually, I think one could do something really good with that. Bartenders tend to see humanity at its worst and best, and people talk about everything with bartenders(at least in fiction; whether or not this translates into real life depends on the person). It'd be more interesting than a barbershop, which tends to have that same quality. Think Canterbury Tales, except less pilgrimage and fable and more "real" stories. You don't have to be a Chaucer or Shakespeare to write a decent story with that premise, you just have to be somewhat competent, which I'm guessing the guy who wrote that manga failed at doing.

That use of the concept is interesting, I've written short stories about bartenders. I was saying that I'd think the mixing drinks part would be dull. I don't know how much of the anime is focusing on that. My familiarity with the series is nonexistent.

My YouTube
Twitter
08-29-2012, 01:59 AM
(02-18-2012 11:29 PM)TheHawk Wrote:  [Image: eiken.jpg]

Fucking that.

I mean, 1 dimensional characters, ugly and often inconsistant animation, bad writing, bad sub and dub, boring as all hell, and it tries to hard with it's fanservice. I mean don't get me wrong I love me a good eechi anime, but this was just horrible.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0e3-1...eqEv-Tb19Q
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skoringo_Tweets
[+] 1 user Likes MrSkoringo's post
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-2012 10:49 AM by mattroks101.)
I actually sat through, and watched all of Black Butler.... o_o

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
04-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Agent Aika, Big wars, Mad bull 34

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIP8AUL2vmU
04-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Ok this is a touchy subject for me. I hate a lot of things equally. However this is still a matter of opinion so please dont yell at me when I say that the worst animes i have ever seen are Darker Than Black and Vampire Knight.

Lets start with the later. Darker Than Black was terribly written. The contractors weren't consistent with what they established them to be, along with the fact that the story is nonsensical. It felt more like it was "Hey lets do this for the sake of being edgy!" and shoehorn in explanations somewhere down the line. Can anyone tell me the reason for getting rid of the moo in this show? I couldn't find a reason. DBZ had a reason to destroy the moon. Someone told me that DTB takes place in a dimensional bubble that cuts earth off from the moon and the stars. Then tell me why the sun is still visible. They had some interesting ideas that just weren't executed well. I do know that this show has a large fanbase. Feel free to like it but it just annoyed me and poked at my suspension of disbelief a little to much.

Now onto the real treasure. Vampire Knight.......Vampire Knight! This one I will shout at you for liking. This is the anime equivalent to Twilight.....No Twilight would be better. At least in Twilight they dont promote abandoning the person who shares your strong feelings and go marry your maybe brother! Vampire Insest! Thats what this show leads to! No! You dont set up the show for everyone to expect Zero and Yuki to get together only for that dumbass to pick her brother!Headbang

[Image: BNsSig.jpg]
04-14-2013, 02:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2013 02:19 PM by concrete Building.)

Actually, from what I've heard, Black Butler isn't a yaoi. What's more is that I haven't seen any Black Butler yaoi, even on yaoi sites. You'd think it's there but it's not, surprisingly.
EDIT: Okay, a quick google search does the trick. I'm not surprised about that, but still. You'd expect to see Black Butler on certain sites, but it's not there at all.

On that same note, I'm surprised nobody's said Boku no Pico.

As for my least favorite anime? Crasher already disagrees with me on this, but Ultimate Muscle. It's just.... um....

Uh.... mmmm.....

weird.

Like... Weird weird, like it confuses the fuck out of me weird.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
04-14-2013, 05:06 PM
The worst anime I've ever seen is without a doubt Sienfield.

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
[+] 3 users Like AnimeLawyers's post
04-14-2013, 05:14 PM
(04-14-2013 05:06 PM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  The worst anime I've ever seen is without a doubt Sienfield.

Don't you mean Lucky Star? It's the anime about nothing.

My YouTube
Twitter

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)