New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
What is the Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen?
04-14-2013, 05:42 PM
RE: What is the Worst Anime You Have Ever Seen?
I usually stop watching an anime after the second or third episode if I don't like it.
From the ones I've fully watched, "Peacemaker Kurogane" is my least favourite.
So it's good enough to make me watch the full thing, but it wasn't that great. I thought the characters weren't properly developed.

I refuse to be constantly bullied by Truthordeal just because I'm a "Junior" Mod.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ArkaKun's post
05-03-2013, 11:04 AM (This post was last modified: 05-03-2013 11:05 AM by PaleShadow.)
Since no one's mentioned it thus far, I'm going to stick my neck out and say fucking School Days.

What is the basic plot for the average visual novel? Main character (you) woo multiple women (or men) in the hope that that particular character will fall for you and you can get the nice ending where you date (read: shag) your chosen one.

Now, what do you think happens when directors choose to adapt a visual novel and refuse to man-up and pick just one girl/route from the game for the plot to follow? They choose the whole freaking lot and main character shags the entire cast, resulting in the spillage of many a tear from the girls and much blood (no joke) from the guy.

There are no words to describe my disgust for how that series was handled, or my abject glee when the main character got what was coming to him. Psychotic Grin

[Image: paleshadowsig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like PaleShadow's post
05-03-2013, 01:52 PM
To be frank, if it weren't for the anime producers choosing to go with the bad ending, School Days probably would have been just another generic high school thing. It was a pretty terrible series all that notwithstanding, but people can tell you which one it is.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post
05-03-2013, 06:09 PM
(05-03-2013 01:52 PM)Truthordeal Wrote:  To be frank, if it weren't for the anime producers choosing to go with the bad ending, School Days probably would have been just another generic high school thing.

That was School Day's main selling point, even in the visual novel. They knew that it was just another cliche harem if they didn't do anything, so they deconstructed the harem trope. The game's good endings actually dwarf the bad endings, but every one only talks about the gory, bad endings or the one where the protagonist got both girls. If the anime had a good ending then a whole lot more people would have been disappointed.

(05-03-2013 11:04 AM)PaleShadow Wrote:  Now, what do you think happens when directors choose to adapt a visual novel and refuse to man-up and pick just one girl/route from the game for the plot to follow? They choose the whole freaking lot and main character shags the entire cast, resulting in the spillage of many a tear from the girls and much blood (no joke) from the guy.

There are no words to describe my disgust for how that series was handled, or my abject glee when the main character got what was coming to him.

I will be honest, if the game or anime didn't have the bad endings then I probably wouldn't have ever heard of the series. The game handled it better, though. They made the protagonist passive and indecisive, his faults were simply that he couldn't quite tell his opinion too well. In the anime, he is a boarder line psychopath who would chase anything with two legs. Unfortunately, the anime got better reception so spin-off games made him more like his anime counterpart.
[+] 1 user Likes ZombieOnTheBrain's post
05-04-2013, 11:24 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2013 11:24 PM by ChadVision.)
I really hate "A Woman Named Fujiko Mine". It's pretentious garbage.

It has great art and some good tunes but the writing is the worst thing in the world. They just made a super pretentious version of Batman Begins, a Nolan movie. It also has the most sexist female character in a show in recent history. Pointless nudity isn't artsy. Rape is not artsy. It has bad and inconsistent writing. The villain is also introduced in the last episode and the series has no consequence in the end.

Every fan service show I've ever watched an episode of is completely garbage.

[Image: tumblr_lw3wc3t4tr1qk758e.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChadVisionAbridged
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChelsieVision
05-24-2013, 02:15 AM
Ikki Tousen. I can't believe I sat through 3 seasons of that. I feel so ashamed of my then 16-17 year old self.

Also, anything that is VERY fanservicy, I personally can't stand anymore. For the longest time I was waiting for an English dub of Railgun. I can't watch that anymore. I used to love it, but I guess I never saw how perverted it was back then. Same goes for Ikki Tousen.
[+] 1 user Likes Kat's post
05-24-2013, 02:53 PM
Gravitation.
Yeah.
It's pretty baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
But the manga is supposed to be wacky and fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun. But I haven't read iiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

[Image: YFrnz2P.png]
PSN, Skype, Steam: YamiMario
DeviantArt, Tumblr, YouTube
05-24-2013, 02:59 PM
"Dragon Ball GT"

I didn't mean to bash it. But am sorry this anime looked liked a poorly backwashed version of Dragon Ball
[+] 1 user Likes Zero Signer's post
06-28-2013, 12:40 PM
Ikki Tousen: Terrible eechi trying to pass it off as a modern retelling of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Unlikable 1 dimensional characters, ridiculous amounts of fan service, bad writing, just terrible anime smut.

Eiken: One of the worst things I have ever seen. God just everything about it is so bad. From the terrible, nonsensical writing and story, GOD AWEFUL animation and character designs. Everything about iot was bad.

Super Milk Chan Show: This show just seemed lazy and dumb. I mean allot of it was recycled animation and dialogue with a few new things thrown in there. I didn't enjoy any of it. And it's easily one of the worst I've seen.

Ki-Me-Ra:
[Image: tumblr_mk8hc0abMc1rvr6teo1_r1_500.jpg]
That is all

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCz0e3-1...eqEv-Tb19Q
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Skoringo_Tweets
[+] 1 user Likes MrSkoringo's post
06-29-2013, 04:40 AM
At first I would have said something that's just down right fucked up like Urotsukidoji, but then again, it's actually pretty damn funny just for being so down right fucked up. I guess if it had to be something that just bored me, Claymore definitely comes to mind. I really tried to enjoy it but it was just...dull.

As for a genre that's just completely lame (imo), anything with cards and monsters.
06-29-2013, 10:07 AM
Maburaho and Gene Shaft win the shitty show award by a landslide, for me.
[+] 1 user Likes Lavaros's post
04-10-2015, 01:10 AM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2015 01:20 AM by MovesLikeJagger.)
First off... Black Butler is fucking awesome.Rock The second season's kind of hit-or-miss.Ssome would say because it's 'not canon', but... really, who gives a shit about "sticking to the manga" completely, so long as the series is still good? God forbid anime studios get a little creative, right?Middle Finger

And, no... it is NOT yaoi, although parts of it do have "yaoi elements", I suppose, esp. with the campy mannerisms of Grell Sutcliff and the way he constantly hits on Sebastian. which I love, don't get me wrong... But the series itself is *so much more* than "yaoi"! Although Sebastian can probably even make the "straightest" of men want him, tbh (I'm bi, full disclosure Wink )... He's that damn suave and sexy.
All in all, it's an incredible tale set in Victorian England with a wonderful cast.

Secondly, the worst series I've ever seen?? ...Kampfer, by far! Horrible!Headbang

What a convoluted POS... The fanservice doesn't even *come close* to "saving" such a ludicrous series, and the ending was... nothing short of lazy. It seems like the creators had a gazillion different ideas but *couldn't decide which to pursue and which to throw out*, so they tried a mashup of crap and ran w/ it. I think I stopped giving a shit by Episode 9 or so, but I decided to go through w/ the rest of the eps anyway out of curiosity. Kind of amazed it took til Ep 9 to stop caring, though...

The only thing that gives it about half a point out of 10 is the fact that the main character is technically "transgendered" since he turns female under certain conditions, which enable him to fight off "the bad guys." I love traps, to say the least.

"It's not about who's right and who's wrong!"
"Because if it was, I'd be right."
"There are more important things than that!"
"Like bacon..." Skype Cool
04-10-2015, 01:25 AM
Thanks for necro'ing this thread to our attention, Moves. Heart

(05-03-2013 11:04 AM)PaleShadow Wrote:  Since no one's mentioned it thus far, I'm going to stick my neck out and say fucking School Days.

People love to hate School Days. I really don't think the amount of bad publicity it gets is warranted. Just 'cause folks can't relate to any of the main characters doesn't make the series objectively bad.

-----

I could point to borderline-hentai like the rest of y'all, but that wouldn't be interesting, soooo....

My most disappointing anime was Fate/Zero. Overhyped, solid everything, but intentionally dreadful pacing. The opening four lines should have been condensed to one. What should have been a trilogy of movies was dragged out to two seasons of eye candy worked off of a decent premise. I skipped whole portions of the final few episodes of season 1 and missed nothing important. That one bad apple in its lethargic progression truly did spoil the whole bunch for me.

You are what you put your time into.

My Series: https://www.youtube.com/user/Abridgelion

E-mail: anaxofrhodes@gmail.com (or Abridgelion@gmail.com )
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/AnaxofRhodes/

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: 252ce5d1fb2620570990fc35cff72412.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Anax's post
04-10-2015, 08:03 AM
(04-10-2015 01:25 AM)Anax Wrote:  Thanks for necro'ing this thread to our attention, Moves. Heart

People love to hate School Days. I really don't think the amount of bad publicity it gets is warranted. Just 'cause folks can't relate to any of the main characters doesn't make the series objectively bad.

No series is objectively bad, fine sir. School Days has its fans that think it's a good show, and will fight you if you think otherwise. Much the opposite, there are plenty of people who think that Cowboy Bebop is a terrible show, despite its near-universal praise across both critical and audience circles.

But yeah, it's not that bad. It does suck, though.

YouTube: House at a Party
[Image: 1EtyqgH]
04-10-2015, 12:07 PM
All anime

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
[+] 5 users Like 1KidsEntertainment's post
04-10-2015, 12:58 PM
(04-10-2015 12:07 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  All anime

That would mean that all anime is also the best.

Fucking weaboo.

Heart ~ I'LL PLAY MYSELF OUT ~ Heart
[Image: Xul_Se.gif]

Editor, Writer, VA
Darker than Black - Hyperabridged
My VA Channel (Sokka Shorts/RANGER DOOWOP)
[+] 5 users Like eagle8burger's post
04-11-2015, 11:14 AM
Fate/Kalied Linear Prisma Illyia (I probably butchered the name, but I don't give a damn, it's dreadful)
It contained everything I hated, magical girls, lolis, and fanservice... I watched one episode, and I was like "Nope."
The writing around it was to just make a spin-off of Fate/Stay Night series, and to make it a magical girl to get in "viewers" and that was what it was, a generic magical girl spin-off.

04-12-2015, 04:28 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2015 04:30 AM by SoDA.)
Every Ishihara trilogy english dub!

All hentai.

moreso high budget hentai

My sole aim is for each of my posts to be looked at like...
[Image: tumblr_inline_noroeqirJ31rnvg33_500.gif]
Worry not; the abridged community can be dead to anyone, and rightfully so.
u2b
04-30-2015, 10:24 PM (This post was last modified: 04-30-2015 10:25 PM by MovesLikeJagger.)
(04-10-2015 01:25 AM)Anax Wrote:  Thanks for necro'ing this thread to our attention, Moves. Heart

The pleasure is all mine [Image: Mr_peanut.png]

"It's not about who's right and who's wrong!"
"Because if it was, I'd be right."
"There are more important things than that!"
"Like bacon..." Skype Cool
[+] 1 user Likes MovesLikeJagger's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)