New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Adobe Help with Ezekieru
02-23-2012, 10:46 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 09:06 PM by Airrest.)
Information Adobe Help with Ezekieru
Having trouble with one of your various Adobe products, such as Premiere, AfterEffects, or Audition? Can't quite figure out a good technique for the audio/visual effect you want to use in your shitty abridged series? Then today is your lucky day, Bucky!

Post here for questions on how to do certain things, like streamlining your editing or how to perform an effect, or if you're having any technical issues with your programs. Note: This is for Adobe programs only. Go to the Vegas thread for help in that department.

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Ezekieru's post
02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Adobe Help with Ezekieru
How do I install it?

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
[+] 1 user Likes mattroks101's post
02-23-2012, 11:48 AM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 11:49 AM by ChadVision.)
(02-23-2012 11:33 AM)mattroks101 Wrote:  How do I install it?

Buy the DVD with the program and install key on it. It'll have an installation tutorial in the pamphlet.

[Image: tumblr_lw3wc3t4tr1qk758e.gif]
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChadVisionAbridged
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChelsieVision
[+] 3 users Like ChadVision's post
02-23-2012, 12:04 PM
(02-23-2012 11:48 AM)ChadVision Wrote:  
(02-23-2012 11:33 AM)mattroks101 Wrote:  How do I install it?

Buy the DVD with the program and install key on it. It'll have an installation tutorial in the pamphlet.

Exactly.

[+] 1 user Likes Ezekieru's post
02-23-2012, 01:01 PM
You can also get Adobe products as downloadable installers. I vaguely remember having a bunch of asinine steps to get a copy of the software I needed digitally, and the download manager was a pain for an office connection. Not hard to do, but a pain in the butt to waste time on. On the plus side, there is a video "tutorial" library for Adobe products (read Barney Steps!) to aid new users.

A DVD is a lot less of a pain if you're still able to use hard media to install.

[+] 2 users Like codeblackhayate's post
02-23-2012, 01:30 PM
Please don't troll the help forum. Some n00b is going to see it think it's lejit.

[+] 1 user Likes codeblackhayate's post
02-23-2012, 01:34 PM (This post was last modified: 02-23-2012 01:36 PM by Ezekieru.)
Using n00b unironically? For shame.

Also, yeah, no spam. Let's keep this shit legit.

EDIT: And deleted a couple of them. Keeping the first two to issue a "no asking about torrenting programs" rule.

[+] 2 users Like Ezekieru's post
02-23-2012, 01:41 PM
A thread I can help in! Yay!
[+] 1 user Likes Airrest's post
03-08-2012, 07:57 PM
Well I borrowed a copy of Premiere from my friend and I gotta say, the interface is a lot more intimidating than vegas's and the keyboard shortcuts are not the same. Making it rather difficult to do the same stuff on it that I can do in vegas. After doing some research opinions seem to be split down the middle for which is better. Anyway as for my actual question, Does anyone here know of any basic tutorial guides for Premiere? I've found some videos but they are not very helpful Confused

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
[+] 1 user Likes mattroks101's post
03-11-2012, 01:39 AM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2012 01:52 AM by concrete Building.)
Ok, here's your first actual question:

So I'm (kind of) creating lip-flaps on Naruto, and in the only spot that the a garbage matte works ( no matter how many points) either can't cut out the mouth that it's layered on, or the nose. They're right on top of each other. So Naruto looks like he's got a weird moustache or an odd zit that he shouldn't have. Is there either A. a way to edit the shot in photoshop without me having to printscreen, edit and reimport the shot, or B. a way to get rid of the nose in Premiere?

I'm using CS5.5, untorrented. If you need any pictures, please let me know

Update: Fixed it. I used a paint bucket to completely fill what I wanted, then pasted the shot on the track above and readjusted the garbage matte.

(03-08-2012 07:57 PM)mattroks101 Wrote:  Well I borrowed a copy of Premiere from my friend and I gotta say, the interface is a lot more intimidating than vegas's and the keyboard shortcuts are not the same. Making it rather difficult to do the same stuff on it that I can do in vegas. After doing some research opinions seem to be split down the middle for which is better. Anyway as for my actual question, Does anyone here know of any basic tutorial guides for Premiere? I've found some videos but they are not very helpful Confused

Have you tried Adobe TV? I tend to use those for tutorials. For other things (like lip-flaps), I started off using Kaiser's behind-the-scenes videos, and screwing around with the program also helps.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
03-13-2012, 07:07 AM
I rendered my 2nd episode (draft version) of my new abridged series, but it turned out to have the same issues as my 1st episode did (not the voices of course... that's just my poor acting skills Tongue)

There are some spots around the picture often, and there might be unintentional dizzyness in terms of seeing pictures moving unintentionally...

Is this due to video quality and the computer I use? If not, how do I solve it?
[+] 1 user Likes ssdrwh0's post
03-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Could I see an example? That might help in terms of diagnosing the problem.

03-13-2012, 05:16 PM
sent u a message

anyway, enjoy the preview... >Big Grin
03-13-2012, 05:36 PM
Both cases seem to be due to the encoding itself. The random spots are usually dead frames, created during the encoding as a random error when exporting it as a lossless format. The "random dizziness" is a lower quality frame, either created during the encoding process due to a low bitrate, or because the project window's set to have paused or playing frames to be at a lower quality.

Best course of action is to re-export your video, preferably as an .mp4. That format is the best in terms of quality VS hard-drive space. Just set it to H.264 and the preset HDTV 720p 24 fps. That should do you well.

03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I'll try it now then...
04-20-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm having a problem in premiere where every title ends up in a different position after it's rendered. For rolling credits it's not a problem but for everything else it kind of ruins what I'm trying to do.

My Groups YouTube Channel

My Personal Channel
[+] 1 user Likes Discount_Flunky's post
05-09-2012, 04:19 PM (This post was last modified: 05-09-2012 04:20 PM by LightningCrabz.)
I have a bunch of encoding questions I'd love to ask, but there's one big thing I'd like to know.

In some vids by purpleeyes and 1kids, I've seen them use various fire and explosion effects. I also know they're both using Vegas. In premiere, do we have the ability to implement those fire effects too, or would we only be able to run that through After Effects (which I possess, but have no clue how to use).

The other thing I'm wondering has to do with keyframing.

In (arguably) the most batshit insane/retarded video by purpleeyes, there's a bunch of keyframed animations (the knives flying, luffy's eye blinking thing, mittens the cat). In all of them, the objects don't just move; they do other stuff too. Mittens changes colors (and explodes), the knife goes through Lelouch's shoulder, etc.

The only way I can think to do all that is to keyframe the animation, and in the parts where they change in some way, to bring each frame of it into photoshop to make it look correct, and then place and layer them all accordingly by hand. But that seems like a hella lot of trouble, and I have a hard time believing that if it's just as hard to do on Vegas then purpleeyes wouldn't be doing it all the fucking time.

This is all a roundabout way of asking "Is there any way for us to do that sort of thing that wouldn't be a major pain in the ass? Do I need to use after effects for to do that shit? And if I wanted to make a character have a rainbow explosion, how would I do it?"

Hope someone can help.

S10's Ghost in the Shell Abridged
My Personal YT Account
Twitter
[+] 1 user Likes LightningCrabz's post
05-09-2012, 06:04 PM
That is a really ridiculous way of doing things. It's all a matter of keyframing the movement, a well-placed mask, and in the case of the cat, keyframing a change in tint. If you wanted to do the knife in the shoulder, you would the masked piece of the shoulder on the top layer, the rest of Lelouch on the bottom layer, and the knife in-between. As for the tint, you can go to Video Effects > Color Correction > Tint. RGB Curves and the other color correction tools can also help you in doing that.

As for the explosions and fire, it's just effects from the Video Co-Pilot Action Essentials 2.2 pack, a compolation of different high-quality effects that are put into .mov files. You can buy the pack online, if you wanna take a gander at them. And for Premiere users, they are already chroma-keyed out, so all you have to do is plop them on the timeline, and you're good to go.

07-17-2012, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 07-17-2012 12:08 PM by MisterKafuka.)
How does one do lip-flaps in Adobe?

Call my therapist. Tell him he's a rich man.
[+] 1 user Likes MisterKafuka's post
07-17-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 12:05 AM by Ezekieru.)
Why does nobody look at these?

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like concrete Building's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)