RE: Adobe Help with Ezekieru
Excellent resources, Concrete.

Too bad you linked the mobile site's version. =P

Fixed.

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Ezekieru's post
07-18-2012, 12:02 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 12:09 AM by concrete Building.)
Should have posted the blip ones in the first place. The YouTube account was taken down today..

An extention to the advanced lip sync: for the most part, you're gonna want to use the time-stretch tool instead of right clicking and going into "speed/duration". Also, this is kind of a general thing about lip sync: you're gonna want to have closed mouth shots on the 1st or 2nd layer, depending on if you have movement anywhere in the shot, as if you have a half-open or even a fully-open shot, it'll be hell trying to fit all the masking in. In most cases, you'll end up masking in parts that you don't want as well as trying to get rid of the stuff you don't want. Yes, sometimes you can clean that up with a paint bucket, but it's cleaner and more efficient if you just simply have a closed mouth flap on the bottom.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
07-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Hey, Eze!
You see, I'm doing a Kenichi Abridged Series and one
of the scene shows the Teacher having a nosebleed but
not really sure how to do it.

Here's a reference:

1:39
[+] 1 user Likes CrasherSurge's post
07-18-2012, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 02:19 AM by Discount_Flunky.)
After watching those TFS tutorial I've realized that I already do it that way. Never thought of putting a mouth closed flap all along the bottom before though. That will save me a lot of time. I haven't used mattes yet (truly the need for it hasn't come up yet), but now that I know how easy it is to do them I'm sure I'll be able to do if I ever need it.

(07-18-2012 12:34 AM)CrasherSurge Wrote:  Hey, Eze!
You see, I'm doing a Kenichi Abridged Series and one
of the scene shows the Teacher having a nosebleed but
not really sure how to do it.

Here's a reference:

1:39

Make the blood in a program like Photoshop or find a good sample online. (Make the background of the blood all one color if you make one yourself so you can Key it.) Then simply put the blood on a video track above the video. Then position it the right way.

My Groups YouTube Channel

My Personal Channel
[+] 1 user Likes Discount_Flunky's post
07-18-2012, 09:31 AM
Discount, if I remember correctly, your footage is quite dated. So if you look at the camera closely, it probably shakes. And if it does, and now that you're aware of it, it'll bug the hell out of you. Solution to this: key the two open flaps, the half open and the open. And then do what I had said before. Again, if you really are using premiere, you'll want to use the time-stretch tool (the wiggly one), as it will save a crap load of time and clicks.

And Crasher, even Discount said what Masako and I said. Don't bother searching the entire interwebs for VFX. Again, if you do so wish to use AE and make it from there, all the better.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
07-18-2012, 12:38 PM (This post was last modified: 07-18-2012 03:32 PM by Discount_Flunky.)
(07-18-2012 09:31 AM)concrete Building Wrote:  Discount, if I remember correctly, your footage is quite dated. So if you look at the camera closely, it probably shakes. And if it does, and now that you're aware of it, it'll bug the hell out of you. Solution to this: key the two open flaps, the half open and the open. And then do what I had said before. Again, if you really are using premiere, you'll want to use the time-stretch tool (the wiggly one), as it will save a crap load of time and clicks.

It does shake. Most of the time I'm able to pick frames that match so it does look that bad, but I guess I should pay more attention to that problem.

And I take it back, there were some times I could have used Mattes. There's a scene when a character a hands are quivering while someone is talking and one where someone is waving there hand. The hand waving one is very subtle, because it only moves at the mouth full open, and its way in the background, so I'm going to let that one slid. I may have to us a Matte on the other one though.

My Personal Channel
08-01-2012, 05:32 PM
Alright, I gots something, and it's not a Premiere problem.

This is more of a "can this be handled in Audition" kind of a thing.

See, I got static in on of the lines. I mean, I've checked EVERYTHING as far as hardware goes (sometimes during say... a podcast or skype call, my headphones will get knocked, and I'll get some buzz) and I do know it's in the line. I'm wondering if this static can be taken out. I've done puffs in Sakura's line, and the line's all fixed.

Here's the line in particular. Apparently when rendered, it's not as obvious, but It's still noticeable.

08-02-2012, 11:01 AM
I'll check to see what the problem is when I get home, but from what I can tell from the waveform, the recording volume is way too low, and you barely see any movement in the audio. You might want to see about increasing the recording volume and then doing a noise removal effect on it, as it will do a better job on removing the noise from the lines themselves.

08-02-2012, 11:16 AM (This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 09:13 PM by concrete Building.)
I've already tried that, and the noise removal has only been taking care of the pauses.

UPDATE: After quite some time working with this, we finally found a solution:

Make sure you have the spectral display active (To do this, click on the button on the top to the right of "Multitrack"). Then zoom in to where the buzz is the most obvious. I mean REALLY zoom in. You'll see some very close vertical lines. THAT IS YOUR BUZZ. Now activate the Brush tool (next to the Healing tool, 2nd from the right). Now color all over those vertical lines, and reduce the volume all the way down. Now do that wherever you see vertical lines, and make sure you get all the spots you need to.

Done Big Grin
08-15-2012, 02:46 AM
Hello guys, here's my first of many video tutorials for Adobe Premiere Pro CS6, starting with the concept of adjustment layers:

Come check it out, and if you want to suggest a tutorial for me to perform, leave a comment in the video or in this thread, and I'll try my best to pull it off! :V

08-15-2012, 11:50 PM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2012 03:15 AM by Stephan.)
Just piping in to say that you were right in your video. Video Copilot is indeed VERY awesome. Everyone should give them money.

[+] 1 user Likes Stephan's post
08-22-2012, 06:18 PM
I know we just talked earlier today, but that's because I didn't have something I have now, which was a question that could be put into tutorial. I had a problem and didn't exactly know the full of it. Now, I do.

Alright. So, as you suggested, I changed the settings in the sequence. That's all done, and the quality's better. But still doesn't fix the main problem:

I've got a bunch of seasons, or rather, 2 different shows in my timeline. However, they have different pixel aspect ratios. One is 720 x 540, another 624 x 352, and another season of that same show is 512 x 384.

Basically, I'm wondering if there is a way to put all of them into the timeline, or rather exporting them when I'm done with the project, and have them all full-sized, top quality, and nothing seems like it's all awkward..

Or is this just wishful thinking?
08-22-2012, 11:26 PM
There are two ways of doing this:

1) Select the sources of your footage in your Project Window, and go to Clip > Video Options > Scale to Frame Size. Then drag the three sources in and see if they all fill in the frame as they should. If not...

2) Reconvert the footage so that they are all the same resolution size, and match the sequence settings to the footage.

Personally, I'd go with 2, but 1 is worth a try.

08-23-2012, 12:14 AM
Tried option 1, and waddaya know.. After repositioning a couple things, and slight rescaling, everything's great! Quality in the window is EXACTLY where it should be.

For at least this once, I can finally say thanks, Eze.
09-07-2012, 12:53 AM
I'm having a serious problem. All the videos that are imported in my projects suddenly stopped playing there native sound. And I mean SUDDENLY. Seriously I was working and played some audio and the next time I played it five mins later it wasn't working. Then I realized that the sound of every video clip won't work. It will still play every other sound in the project though. What's really weird though is that I can still see the peaks, and the weirdest thing of all is if I double click on the video it will PLAY the sound in the little window that pops up, but it won't play it in the timeline. It also won't play once the video renders. I've tried everything I know how to do, I've reimported it, doesn't work, I've changed the file name, doesn't work, I've changed the file type. Doesn't work. Every video that gets put in my projects now loses its sound. I've even done a system restore, and ran a repair install and nothing changed. I honestly don't know what's even wrong. I didn't change any setting it just started happening. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

My Personal Channel
09-07-2012, 06:14 AM
Can you send me a print screen of your timeline, real quick?

09-07-2012, 07:36 AM
I will when I get home. I don't know if anything will stick out though, like I said the peaks are still there, and the video is working fine. Also I'd like to make it clear that it's only the native sound of videos that's not working. All my narration and sound effects are still working. (Expect three narration files that are also not producing sound. Kind of random.)

My Personal Channel
09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
(09-07-2012 12:53 AM)Discount_Flunky Wrote:  I'm having a serious problem. All the videos that are imported in my projects suddenly stopped playing there native sound. And I mean SUDDENLY. Seriously I was working and played some audio and the next time I played it five mins later it wasn't working. Then I realized that the sound of every video clip won't work. It will still play every other sound in the project though. What's really weird though is that I can still see the peaks, and the weirdest thing of all is if I double click on the video it will PLAY the sound in the little window that pops up, but it won't play it in the timeline. It also won't play once the video renders. I've tried everything I know how to do, I've reimported it, doesn't work, I've changed the file name, doesn't work, I've changed the file type. Doesn't work. Every video that gets put in my projects now loses its sound. I've even done a system restore, and ran a repair install and nothing changed. I honestly don't know what's even wrong. I didn't change any setting it just started happening. If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Are you using Corel? Cause that exact same thing has happened to me before.

Though since I don't need to use the native sound of the clips I use, it's not a huge problem.

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
[+] 1 user Likes AnimeLawyers's post
09-07-2012, 09:10 AM
(09-07-2012 08:56 AM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  Are you using Corel? Cause that exact same thing has happened to me before.

Though since I don't need to use the native sound of the clips I use, it's not a huge problem.

No. Adobe Premiere elements 7. I'm only using the native sound of the episode in three places, and also there's the explosion effect I'm using, so It's not like the whole project is ruined, but I still would like to be able use it. (I think I have one more trump card too play that will most likely work, but It's sort of a hassle, and I would like to know what the hell is going on so it doesn't happen again.)

My Personal Channel
09-07-2012, 10:33 AM
You could try converting it with format factory or super converter.

Then your software would be using a different video file.

[Image: 7v3W4zL.gif]

Projects:
- EAGLE 03: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Recording
- MajiKoi Abridged Episode 5: - - - Scripting Indefinitely
[+] 1 user Likes AnimeLawyers's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)