New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.4 Average
Adobe Help with Ezekieru
09-07-2012, 10:41 AM
RE: Adobe Help with Ezekieru
(09-07-2012 10:33 AM)AnimeLawyers Wrote:  You could try converting it with format factory or super converter.

Then your software would be using a different video file.

I converted it. It's seriously happening to every video file that gets imported. It has to be something wrong with the program itself, because the videos work everywhere else. It's all rather confusing. I've been getting a lot of crazy glitches with premiere 7 lately. Earlier I had a problem where it considered every file that started with the word "pidge" to be the same file. It would transform all of them into the "pidge karate sounds" file when I imported it. It was really weird. I discovered that if I moved the files to a different directory and changed there names it fixed it, but that doesn't work for the videos.

My Groups YouTube Channel

My Personal Channel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Discount_Flunky's post
09-19-2012, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 09-19-2012 08:34 AM by Discount_Flunky.)
Just to let everyone know, I figured out what was the deal with my problem. It turns out that every audio track got disabled expect the Narration track. No idea how that happened or why it tells me their working normally when they

My Groups YouTube Channel

My Personal Channel
[+] 1 user Likes Discount_Flunky's post
10-17-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 02:01 PM by LightningCrabz.)
Need an opinion from a more skilled editor. I have a source video that is 848x480 with square pixels.

I'm working with DV Widescreen, which only gives you the option of 720x480. As a result it crops my video sort of odd.

Here's a screenshot. [Image: Untitled.png]

So here's my question. Should I resize the source video within the project to fit better, or should I continue as normal then when I'm done, I crop out the black borders and allow premiere to stretch the video a tad?

I made a little status update yesterday, and used it to test out method #2. I was pretty disappointed with the quality that I got. The quality of the video that rendered out was fine, but once it was onto youtube, it looked like crap. Worse than it looked with my previous episodes.

1:00 is when the footage starts

I spent some time this past month ripping the DVDs better and cleaning up the footage to get some VERY nice mp4s of the episodes. And I'd like to try and preserve as much of that quality as I can onto youtube.

S10's Ghost in the Shell Abridged
My Personal YT Account
Twitter
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes LightningCrabz's post
10-17-2012, 03:37 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 05:25 PM by Ezekieru.)
Unless you down-converted the footage, it's best to use the original footage's resolution to edit to.

I suggest making a brand new sequence, and using custom settings to get what you want. To do that:

Go to File > New > Sequence, then on the tabs on the top of the new window, select Settings. Then down to where it says Editing Mode go all the way to the top of the list and select Custom or Desktop. It'll depend on your version of the software.

Now you can change all of the aspects of your sequence to whatever you need it to be, including the video resolution. Then name your new sequence and hit OK to confirm your changes.

Hope that helps!

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Ezekieru's post
10-17-2012, 10:58 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 11:08 PM by concrete Building.)
(10-17-2012 03:37 PM)Ezekieru Wrote:  . Then down to where it says Editing Mode go all the way to the top of the list and select Custom or Desktop. It'll depend on your version of the software.

Not true. You can make a custom pixel aspect ratio since at least CS4, and looking at his screenshot, you've got CS5.5 (although Eze might be talking about CS6's ability to notice and adjust pixel aspect ratios automatically, but I'm quite confident the option to customize them is still available).

I mention CS4 because it's the earliest version of the software I've used, and I've done custom ratios in there. But point being that as long as the software was released within the last 5 years, maybe more, you're fine.

Just a note on that here, you're gonna want to make sure of this each and every time you make a video/movie/film/whatever. Unless you know by heart the aspect ratio of your footage (which, in some cases, won't be the same, since you might use different videos), it'll be a slight inconvenience, but you're gonna have to make the new sequence right after you import your video footage.

OoziHobo Wrote:CB, did you slip in from the negaverse?

[Image: 74DGy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
10-17-2012, 11:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2012 11:32 PM by Ezekieru.)
The fuck are you up on about?

I was not referring to the pixel aspect ratio at all. I was merely telling him to switch to a Desktop/Custom editing mode, so he can manually adjust all of the sequence's factors to match his source footage, which would include video resolution.

If he wants to go change his pixel aspect ratio, he can do that. But the point is, if he wants to change the settings of a sequence, he'll need to make a new one, and if he needs to be specific in his options, he'll need it in either Desktop mode, or Custom mode.

10-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Alright, I made a custom sequence with settings that matched my source. Copy pasted in everything from the old sequence. (Had to redo half of my garbage mattes too for some reason)

I rendered it out, and the quality looks a bit better now, but I'm still getting the same result when I test it out on youtube: ugly crap. And it rendered it out at 360p instead of the usual 480. Ideas? My biggest concern here is just keeping the visual quality when it goes onto youtube.

My Personal YT Account
Twitter
10-18-2012, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 02:17 PM by LightningCrabz.)
Also, doing a custom sequence is giving me a major lag when moving around my timeline. Every time I move the playhead to a different frame, it takes a good second or 2 to load the frame. Its getting pretty annoying. Any way to cut that out? Maybe let premiere use more of my RAM?

Okay, I just solved the first problem. I upped the bitrate for the exported video, cropped it a bit, then exported it out with a resolution of 854x480, which is one of youtube's favorite resolutions.

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/an...er=1722171

Still having that second problem with the bad lag when I'm moving around the timeline. Its making it especially hard to lipsynch.

My Personal YT Account
Twitter
10-30-2012, 10:56 PM
One thing that consistently gives me trouble while editing GITS is shots like these from inside a moving car, complete with shakiness.

[Image: ECDopL.gif]

Is there any sort of Premiere effect I can use to help stabalize it? A google search showed me there's some third party plugin options, but all of which look pretty pricy? Is there a free option? Or is there a good, cheap one?

My Personal YT Account
Twitter
10-31-2012, 07:03 AM
Honestly, that looks like a job for the Motion Tracking feature for AfterEffects:

10-31-2012, 08:09 AM
Question: Can this also be applied to shaky footage in general? For example, if I have an older anime, could motion-tracking help smooth that out?

10-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Yes, so long as you have a reference point, your lip-flaps will make the same adjustments as the footage.

10-31-2012, 08:17 AM (This post was last modified: 10-31-2012 08:17 AM by concrete Building.)
Lip-flaps weren't an issue with me at all, and I doubt they would be for anyone who knows how to do them, but thanks for the info on that.

11-02-2012, 01:50 PM
Yay, after effects.....

Is there any way I can just send one clip in premiere over to AE, then send it back? I've done a similar thing with Soundbooth and Photoshop with audio clips and still images.

My Personal YT Account
Twitter
12-24-2012, 12:40 PM
Hey Eze, would you know how to get rid of gradient banding in Photoshop without using noise or dithering? I've got a PNG file of this:

[Image: 2012_zps23cbd310.png]

As you can see, there's some pretty heavy banding in the gradient. in the corners, as well as close to the center.

This came from a Powerpoint slide that my father put into photoshop as a background.

12-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Hmm, I would just throw on some blur onto it. I seem to get good results with Motion Blur, so play around with that until the banding dissipates.

08-16-2013, 06:49 PM
Alright, I'm posting this in this thread although it's lipflaps. I hoped for the longest time that I would never reach this problem, alas it has. I'm also posting here instead of Skype so that others can see what to do.

My problem is that I have a scene that mainly has Ginta walking and talking, but it's a side shot. To give you a clear picture, I'll show you Frames 1 and 2 in the spoiler:

Spoiler(Show)
[Image: Gintawalk1_zpsdae8560b.png]

[Image: Gintawalk2_zps22b18932.png]

Without this shot, I would need some serious re-editing that would also require me to reuse shots to the point of ad-nauseum.

Is there a way to mask this so that the background works with the mouth? Can I make Ginta say what he's supposed to and have the background moving as smoothly as it originally does?

03-01-2014, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 03-01-2014 11:01 PM by xtraveemon.)
I plan on getting a computer soon and it will have adobe premiere and photoshop pre installed. Basically assing about using this for lip flaps and everything. Any good videos or tips anyone has? I know 1kids has his but not sure if it's over adobe of vegas.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/xtraveemon
Tumblr: http://xtraveemon.tumblr.com/
[+] 1 user Likes xtraveemon's post
03-01-2014, 11:32 PM
(03-01-2014 10:50 PM)xtraveemon Wrote:  I plan on getting a computer soon and it will have adobe premiere and photoshop pre installed. Basically assing about using this for lip flaps and everything. Any good videos or tips anyone has? I know 1kids has his but not sure if it's over adobe of vegas.

[+] 1 user Likes Survivalguy21's post
03-02-2014, 08:12 PM
Ok I shoudl rephrase my question. I have seen kaisers videos on editting. Im basically asking sense I see his showing I put them int his way and vowels F,P,B,V,M to open or closed. but do I cut out the mouths in photoshop closed,half open, and full open . Than do I put the photos in order and synch sound or it more than I asked?

Twitter: https://twitter.com/xtraveemon
Tumblr: http://xtraveemon.tumblr.com/
[+] 1 user Likes xtraveemon's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)