New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
The Principles of a Good Abridged Show
09-22-2012, 01:41 PM
RE: The Principles of a Good Abridged Show
Film school costs money. I'd rather have someone on the Internet explain it to me for free.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Truthordeal's post
09-22-2012, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-24-2012 12:33 PM by concrete Building.)
Eze and I are working on that XP

On another note, look what I found

http://lunarmelody13.deviantart.com/jour...0#comments
[+] 1 user Likes concrete Building's post
01-14-2013, 03:31 PM
Just a pretty simple question for you:

How would you define your "comedy style"?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes CrasherSurge's post
01-14-2013, 06:56 PM
With a dictionary.

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
[+] 5 users Like Truthordeal's post
01-15-2013, 06:58 AM (This post was last modified: 04-20-2015 03:07 AM by HarrysFiddlesticks.)
You don't define your comedy style, others will do that for you. I've never seen a comedian or other artist telling people what there style is.

YouTube channel: HarrysFiddlesticks
Twitter: @HarryFiddlestik

[Image: sTQCk44.gif]
[+] 2 users Like HarrysFiddlesticks's post
01-15-2013, 08:52 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 08:55 AM by mattroks101.)
What Harry said, really, you can't define it. I've seen many people say "It's my comedy style to be dry and sophisticated" when their actual stuff is neither sophisticated or dry. It's kinda wet and obnoxious. What you perceive you episode to be, and what the audience perceives it to be probably won't be the same, at least not in the beginning. In the beginning, it's impossible to really "pick a style", your style just forms naturally over time.

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]
[+] 1 user Likes mattroks101's post
01-15-2013, 09:25 AM
While you can't define your style i do think you can zero in a bit on the kind of humor you do by looking at the kind of jokes you do. I like jokes that nvolve horrible things happening to people or evil scientists who experiment on people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIP8AUL2vmU
[+] 1 user Likes Isaac59's post
01-15-2013, 03:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 04:56 PM by HarrysFiddlesticks.)
(01-15-2013 09:25 AM)Isaac59 Wrote:  i do think you can zero in a bit on the kind of humor you do by looking at the kind of jokes you do.

You can tell people what kind of humour you HAVE and what kind of jokes you LIKE, but that still doesn't mean you yourself are good at making jokes of a particular kind. You will only know which jokes work after you've tried them out on an audience, which is why a lot of comedians do try-outs before they go on tour and even during the tour they would throw jokes out of their repertoire if they get a bad or no reaction. Telling people what kind of jokes you make only results into people getting their hopes up and getting disappointed if you can't deliver on what they expect of you. That is why it's better you don't talk about your own jokes. It keeps you fresh and original for the audience.

Also talking about the jokes you have made, make you sound pretentious, that's why when you are telling a story most of time it's better to not make yourself the person who makes the jokes. It's almost always funnier when another person made the joke when tell a story back. But I'm getting off track.
In short: Talking about your jokes makes you look stupid. (If you want an example, listen to me on the most recent AF Live. I sound like a jackass)

ALSO look at the first post in this thread, take some advise from somebody who has more experience than me.

01-15-2013, 04:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-15-2013 05:09 PM by Isaac59.)
I said a bit, not oh yes this is completely what i do.

Ad by jokes you tell i meant to other people and they work. Do i need to define more for you?

Pretentious also implied i somehow think i'm better then you. I'm not i'm just as willing to make a fool of myself on the net as you are.

01-15-2013, 05:09 PM
I guess you think I'm addressing you personally, but with 'you' in the previous post I made, I mean people in general. Also please read through your post before you posting it, because of the bad spelling I can't really figure out half of the things you have written down. This is not an insult, but a request, as English is not my first language, so spelling mistakes can confuse me sometimes.

01-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I felt that you were insulting me, so i replied rather fast. Just joined so i don't know who doesn't speak English first.

Comedy's as the first post pointed out subjective. And here sure are tons of different kinds.

Spoiler(Show)
(01-15-2013 05:09 PM)HarrysFiddlesticks Wrote:  I guess you think I'm addressing you personally, but with 'you' in the previous post I made, I mean people in general. Also please read through your post before you posting it, because of the bad spelling I can't really figure out half of the things you have written down. This is not an insult, but a request, as English is not my first language, so spelling mistakes can confuse me sometimes.

01-15-2013, 06:53 PM
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/types-of-comedy.html

Find whatever label you want here. It's about the best list I can find that isn't too douchey and yet encapsulates a lot.

Point of interest: If you can be defined solely by one of these groups, you're probably not that funny.

[+] 1 user Likes Truthordeal's post

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)