New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What manga are you reading now?
03-07-2011, 07:26 PM
What manga are you reading now?
Anyone read manga? I do! This past weekend I read all of Zetman. It's a seinen series (my favorite kind) full of gore, nudity, and epic fights. If you know Gantz then it's kind of like that. I currently have it as my avatar as well.

So what are you guys reading now? If you're reading anything at all...

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
http://www.youtube.com/2GuysAnd1More Swear
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-07-2011, 08:58 PM
RE: What manga are you reading now?
I've started reading Vagabond, but haven't gotten very far. It's pretty darn cool so far.

http://myanimelist.net/manga.php?id=656
03-07-2011, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 09:32 PM by GreaseMnk.)
JUST got my 'Beck: Mongolian Chop Squad' Manga vol. 1, VERY hard to find btw! so I got one from some Library and the funds went to some charity but it is in REALLY bad condition! but you have to make do with what's there!

Also a lot of Reborn!, Black Cat and some Ultimo.

Planning on getting Cowboy Bebop soon too.

[Image: Kirranquote.png]
[Image: zoLinX2.gif]
03-07-2011, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 10:00 PM by Paradox.)
Nothing. Not even the Big 3. Fricken Mangastream >_<

EDIT: I just realised, I need to catch up with Bakuman
Find all posts by this user
03-07-2011, 10:15 PM (This post was last modified: 03-07-2011 10:16 PM by Mandos.)
I'm staying up to date on Berserk, Bakuman and Bleach while also working my way through Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou, Battle Angel Alita: Last Order and Gantz. Should really catch back up to Gantz.

[YouTube channel|Role Playlist|Anime|Twitter]
03-08-2011, 12:55 AM
(03-07-2011 10:15 PM)Mandos Wrote:  Should really catch back up to Gantz.

Yes. Catching up to Gantz should be everyone's priority right now. An amazing series that still isn't as popular as it needs to be.

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
03-08-2011, 02:44 AM
One Piece and only One Piece

Other than when I buy a volume of Bakuman.
03-08-2011, 03:29 AM
I mostly have been trying to keep up with Fairy Tail, Gantz, Hajime no ippo and Berserk whenever Miura get's around to drawing more chapters. Off and on I've been reading one called Tough.

[Image: Guyver_Sig_by_NKLS_Art.png]
It's not the cheese that makes the man
[+] 1 user Likes Jon's post
03-08-2011, 04:47 PM
(03-08-2011 02:44 AM)Sketch Wrote:  One Piece and only One Piece

Haha. One Piece is great I have to admit. Defiantly underrated (even though it's one of the big three) it is still looked down upon by Narutards and everyone under the age of 17. Zoro FTW!

03-08-2011, 05:15 PM
(03-08-2011 03:29 AM)Jon Wrote:  I mostly have been trying to keep up with Fairy Tail, Gantz, Hajime no ippo and Berserk whenever Miura get's around to drawing more chapters. Off and on I've been reading one called Tough.

Fuck yeah, Hajime no Ippo. You should watch the anime too if you haven't already. Excellent.
03-10-2011, 06:08 AM
I like One Piece.

YOUR ALL DICKS
03-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Anybody start reading 'mirai nikki'? It's actually really cool. It's about this boy that considers himself a bystander and writes everything he sees in his cell phone as a diary. He has this supposedly made up friend called deus ex machina which is the lord of time and space. Eventually deus changes his phone and gives it back to him. His phone then starts having his future for the next 90 days written in it. However if he loses his phone he dies. Eventually he finds out he's playing this game with the other 'future diary' users and the last one living takes deus's place as god. He eventually finds out he can change the events that happen in his cell phone unless it says he's going to die. If that happens it's rare that he'll live even though he has done it. He also has some stalker girl with a future diary working with him that's in love with him. She's basically freaking crazy but she saves his skin. Every 10 mins. she's alerted on her cell phone of what he's doing (she may have done it previously before it started doing it itself). In one scene in the manga she texts him 40 times asking him what he's currently doing even while he's sleeping. Gotta say this girl bothers me but she's also interesting.
03-10-2011, 02:01 PM
If I wanted to read anime, I'd watch the English subbed anime.

Spoiler(Show)
I'm just not a huge anime/manga fan. Please don't take the above statement seriously.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
03-10-2011, 05:10 PM
(03-10-2011 07:11 AM)flamingkillamajig Wrote:  Anybody start reading 'mirai nikki'?

I actually have it in my bookmarks. I plan to read it eventually.

03-10-2011, 05:12 PM
(03-10-2011 02:01 PM)1KidsEntertainment Wrote:  If I wanted to read anime, I'd watch the English subbed anime.

Spoiler(Show)
I'm just not a huge anime/manga fan. Please don't take the above statement seriously.

It's just like reading a comic book. Not every manga has been made into an anime. Anime almost always comes from a previous manga. If manga didn't exist, Anime wouldn't either.
03-14-2011, 05:13 PM
I like to keep tabs on Liar Game. It's the greatest prisoner's dilemma, social psychology, cold reading, and imperfect competition in microeconomics manga around. Or at least in the top five.

Monster Rancher Abridged: Rising from the depths like some kind of giant squid.
03-16-2011, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 03-16-2011 04:28 AM by Ezekieru.)
I have a good list of manga I keep up with, a mixture of weekly and monthly releases.

Manga I am Caught Up On (And Opinions)
Naruto (Still stupid, but the current "war" is interesting for its expansion on the minor characters and the villains, old and new.)
BLEACH (Now a lot more reminiscent of the old style of the show, placing Ichigo back to square one.)
One Piece (Still awesome, but Hodi Jones is weak as a villain. Just a new gay version of Arlong.)
Hajime no Ippo (Ippo's newest upcoming match with Hisato will be a hoot, being a previous light-weight in a feather-weight field.)
Soul Eater (Great new development of Black Star and Kid, and nice concepts of madness in battle.)
Bakuman (The pair of protagonists are maturing still as mangaka, very nice to watch.)
Highschool of the Dead (Nice progress of their mission, Saeko is a badass, and tons of love for Kohta.)

Manga I Need to Catch Up On
Franken Fran
Reborn!
Gantz
Hunter X Hunter
The World God Only Knows
Deadman Wonderland

Manga I'm Interested to Catch Up On
Berserk
Shaman King
Fairy Tale
BECK
Code Geass (Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack, and/or Nightmare of Nunally)

[Image: tumblr_o50z6sCEXP1usrgjso2_540.gif]
03-17-2011, 03:56 PM
(03-16-2011 04:15 AM)Ezekieru Wrote:  I have a good list of manga I keep up with, a mixture of weekly and monthly releases.

Manga I am Caught Up On (And Opinions)
Naruto (Still stupid, but the current "war" is interesting for its expansion on the minor characters and the villains, old and new.)
BLEACH (Now a lot more reminiscent of the old style of the show, placing Ichigo back to square one.)
One Piece (Still awesome, but Hodi Jones is weak as a villain. Just a new gay version of Arlong.)
Hajime no Ippo (Ippo's newest upcoming match with Hisato will be a hoot, being a previous light-weight in a feather-weight field.)
Soul Eater (Great new development of Black Star and Kid, and nice concepts of madness in battle.)
Bakuman (The pair of protagonists are maturing still as mangaka, very nice to watch.)
Highschool of the Dead (Nice progress of their mission, Saeko is a badass, and tons of love for Kohta.)

I stopped reading Naruto it just gets on my nerves now. Everything after the Pain fight just goes downhill in my opinion.
I'm actually liking the old school Bleach style but it seems I'm the only one.
In One Piece I think Hodi will become a better villain in time.
Highschool of the Dead is great, it just takes so long for updates!

(03-16-2011 04:15 AM)Ezekieru Wrote:  Manga I Need to Catch Up On
Franken Fran
Reborn!
Gantz
Hunter X Hunter
The World God Only Knows
Deadman Wonderland

Gantz is one of my favorites.
I think I'll start reading Deadman Wonderland or maybe I'll wait for the anime.

(03-16-2011 04:15 AM)Ezekieru Wrote:  Manga I'm Interested to Catch Up On
Berserk
Shaman King
Fairy Tale
BECK
Code Geass (Lelouch of the Rebellion, Suzaku of the Counterattack, and/or Nightmare of Nunally)

I will finish Shaman King sometime this year hopefully.
I just was reading Fairy Tail then stopped. It wasn't bad it just seemed repetitive to me.
I read BECK and it rocked.

06-15-2011, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 06-15-2011 10:02 PM by mark520.)
I?m currently reading Otaku no Musume-san and re-read the first 6 volumes of Gunslinger Girl by MANGA in german.
I also re-read Welcome to the NHK!, because I was thoroughly confused the first time around I read it.
06-16-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm readin my Azumanga Daioh mangay.

Thanks for all the good times.
[Image: e8809baecb.png]

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)