New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TwooGiz Criticks
05-10-2014, 12:21 PM
RE: TwooGiz Criticks

If you feel like critiquing, why not try your hand at this? I'd love to get an opinion from someone I don't talk to on a regular basis

(05-10-2014 09:24 AM)Cornstomper Wrote:  I mean, I can't be the only one jizzing myself.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2014, 04:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2014 02:19 AM by TwooGiz.)
Hunter x Dumber (Hunter x Hunter Abridged) Episode 1 by BuddVA

I actually watched this the other day and people kept coming into my room. I wanted them to leave so I could finish the video. I actually like HxH a lot and wanted to see what this parody had to offer.

The reason I wanted to keep watching also is because the opening scene really pulled me in. I loved how you handled Mito and got through Whale island fast. But skipping to the boat bit had me confused at first. You skipped a whole lot of content. Not that I'm really complaining. The episodes you skipped are boring compared to the rest of HxH. Nonetheless I was still confused until I realized you skipped 10+ episodes.

Killua having murder as his hobby was an obvious joke for anyone who's seen HxH and personally I don't enjoy jokes that I see coming. The whole joke revolving around Kurapika was well thought out though. Leorio screaming on the boat for no reason bothered me. He didn't have a reason to he just was. The boat girl was mainly for moving the plot along and when a character is only that it gets pretty bland. Although her voice was unique and when Danteofthewest was asking questions made the boat girl look better.

Grimmjack69's performance as Hisoka was very grounded and I enjoyed it. The bird man idea was also clever. The scene where Gon uses his fighing pole to grab Hisokas badge was a little bland though. Action scenes are hard to make funny everyone can agree on that. The bird man squawking was okay but other than that nothing from that scene was a bit funny. Try to speed up action pieces instead of having them move at the normal rate. That way you can get past the dead action scene and actually get to the funnies. A bit later Gon is hit and knocked out. This bit is short and is okay to leave at a normal pace. You can't move at super speed all the time or it will go by too fast. Timmy was an interesting character but I don't think the whole joke of his name being "Black Timmy" over just Timmy would have worked unless it was as stupid as it was. The after credits scene was a good play on words.

I can tell from this video that you like HxH a lot. It's editing is great and most of the music is only from the HxH OST. I only make parodies from anime I like as well so I know what it's like to respect the media and want to make a parody that's a tribute to the actual show. You have to be able to push boundaries though. Don't be afraid to break outside of the typical HxH formula. Hisoka is a pedophile. Killua is a murder. Black guy rambles about slavery. Those are all things I could have guessed before coming into the video. Comedy is always something unexpected so when writing a script try to think outside the box. Think of jokes that you haven't heard before that make you laugh.

BuddVA I was impressed with all the different voices you pulled out in this episode. You differentiated well and I could believe they were all voiced by other people. I also liked that you went for a different title than "X the Abridged series". Overall I had fun watching your parody and in the end that's all one can ask for.

I'm ditching the old point rating I used to use. Instead I'll use a recommendation rating. I would recommend this parody to someone who enjoys HxH and has a few minutes to spare. If a friend asked me for something to watch I might recommend this video.

(02-18-2012 12:30 PM)Airrest Wrote:  There's a certain charm to it that I don't think most people, even on this forum, are going to get or like.
http://www.youtube.com/2GuysAnd1More Swear
[+] 1 user Likes TwooGiz's post
05-11-2014, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the review man! I'll definitely try and work on the things you suggested. And like you said, I LOVE the show to death! But those beginning episodes... I didn't really want to deal with them. I'm just trying to get them their hunter badges without them going,
Leader: "Take this badge!"
Gon: "Thanks!"
-leaves-

But enough of me explaining my little formula... Thanks a lot man!

(05-10-2014 09:24 AM)Cornstomper Wrote:  I mean, I can't be the only one jizzing myself.
05-17-2014, 11:01 PM
It's several months old, but another opinion couldn't hurt, especially since I'm gearing up to finalize a script for the next episode.

* Aquaman: The Unabridged Parody Series (ATUPS) Episode 1 is now out!:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yAwc-7aHf4
06-30-2014, 02:27 PM (This post was last modified: 06-30-2014 02:28 PM by JaguarAdon.)
Here's what I have. So far I only have two episodes up. I hope you can get to critiquing it.

AKA wildmooseking:
My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/dtbsociety
I'm also on dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/wildmooseking
I got a tumblr: wildmoosechase.tumblr.com Where I be postin' my arts!
And deviantart: timberking.deviantart.com Where I be postin' my arts!
and youtube: wildmooseking (GET IT!?)
Find all posts by this user
08-11-2014, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-11-2014 03:53 PM by eagle8burger.)

[/video]

I'd love for you to take a stab at this if you have the time...and by stab I mean methodically dissect it with a chainsaw.

Heart ~ I'LL PLAY MYSELF OUT ~ Heart
[Image: Xul_Se.gif]

Editor, Writer, VA
Darker than Black - Hyperabridged
My VA Channel (Sokka Shorts/RANGER DOOWOP)
10-28-2014, 05:47 PM
I edited down the first episode to a few minutes.

AKA wildmooseking:
My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/dtbsociety
I'm also on dailymotion: http://www.dailymotion.com/wildmooseking
I got a tumblr: wildmoosechase.tumblr.com Where I be postin' my arts!
And deviantart: timberking.deviantart.com Where I be postin' my arts!
and youtube: wildmooseking (GET IT!?)
Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)