New and Noteworthy
Recent Videos News

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YouTube Links
10-22-2012, 08:11 PM
YouTube Links
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I see no reason for YouTube links to automatically turn into embedded videos, and it can be quite frustrating when I want to just link to a video rather than embedding it and forcing anyone who visits the page to have to load the embedded video when it's not really necessary. Is there a way to fix this? The options within the post editors make it more than easy enough to embed videos, and at this point it's just removing the option of merely linking to a video just to make an already ridiculously easy task even easier.

That is all.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2012, 09:22 PM
RE: YouTube Links
You can put the link inside text like so by making the link a tinyurl one.

There's also the [amoff][/amoff] tags.

But I like the automatically embedding feature. Embedding is more common than just linking and it's quicker.

[Image: DIkziCj.png?1]

Twitter: Truthordeal

"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat, his lungs breath their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, makes the blood pulse through the body of others, and makes them believe deeper in something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers, by the loyalty, by the memory, of those who honor him and make whatever the man did live forever."
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Truthordeal's post
10-22-2012, 09:38 PM (This post was last modified: 10-22-2012 09:38 PM by Airrest.)
Have to agree with Truth that autoembedding is much easier for a site that intends to embed 90%+ of the YouTube links it posts.
[+] 1 user Likes Airrest's post
10-22-2012, 10:29 PM
Triple agreed with fellow mods.

Chances are, if you're reading this, it's after reading a ridiculously long post by me, something harshly phrased or confrontational, and/or me being stupid. I want to apologize for my above post, and end this signature with a quote of wisdom to soothe your soul.

"Ho ho..hoho hoho..santa for the wondering thismust be a joke in your series!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1"
~A scholar beyond his time

[10:10:35 PM] Airrest (Eric): YOU WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG
10-23-2012, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-2012 09:44 AM by Stephan.)
So, in short; yes, I am the only one. Tongue

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)